• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Briere injured in off-ice workout

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- Sabres center Daniel Briere injured his hamstring and groin during an off-ice workout Wednesday and is expected to miss games.

"Right now we feel it's fairly serious and it will keep him out of the lineup," coach Lindy Ruff said.

The Sabres called up forward Domenic Pittis from AHL club Rochester and sent goaltender Ryan Miller to the minors.

Briere is the team's No. 2 center, behind Chris Drury, and joins a grown list of injured forwards. Tim Connolly (concussion), Jochen Hecht (broken arm) and Eric Boulton (thumb) already were on the injured list.

“You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

bump.
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Rhett4NHL
      UltimateSabres Director of Writing Operations
      • Sep 2003

This has already been addressed in another thread, JD. If you want to discuss it, you should check that one out.
      "If the gods exist, then why is the world so full of pain and injustice?"

"Because of men like you."

"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Comment

• JD
        Sabres Zone
        • Sep 2003

Well, sorry, mine explained it alot better.

But whatever, I could careless.

Comment

• SkateZilla
          • Dec 2002

How Do you Injure Your Groin in an Off ICE "Workout"

Skate Zilla
          -----------------------
          Skate Zilla HD Studios:
          SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• JD
            Sabres Zone
            • Sep 2003

Squats, sometimes if you dont wear a belt it just puts weight on your groin area, maybe thats what he did, but I doubt it.

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

You wear a belt for back support not groin support....LAMO!:)

Comment

• JD
                Sabres Zone
                • Sep 2003

There are differant kinds of belts my friend, ones for just waist (BACK), ones that go around waste and under hamstrings (GROIN).

:hammeru:

Comment

• I the end I
                  • Sep 2003

Boooo!!

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                    • Oct 2002

He pulled his groin, felt so good he pulled it again... Ok sorry that was mean..

Comment

• JD
                      Sabres Zone
                      • Sep 2003

Comment

Working...
                      X