• Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Willis McGahee Update

McGahee pleased after first practice

By JOHN WAWROW, AP Sports Writer
    October 15, 2003
    ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- Willis McGahee comfortably leaned back in the seat of a cart with his left knee wrapped in ice and a smile on his face Wednesday.

The smile was genuine, a reflection of how happy McGahee was following his long-awaited first practice since the Bills made him their first-round draft pick last April.

``Everything's good,'' McGahee said. ``I wouldn't be out here talking to you if it wasn't, I'd tell you that much.''

More...
  • L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

I have a question for all Mc Gahee doubters. If he was never hurt and came into camp the sunday before the season opener would you play him for the opener???
    This guy is in shape already has studied the playbook, knows all the plays, been in every meeting, studied film, he is ready!!!!!
    Play him now
    Start him next week against KC
    Travis has done nothing this year consistently
    Don't worry about the knee, no one has ever rehabbed with the intesity he has, the other rb's had nothing to prove and took their time rehabbing this guy was aggressive and stayed in total shape
    just sit back and enjoy the Willis era

Comment

• Billzz
      • Sep 2003

Not just T-Hens fault. The running game woes go deeper then not having a running back.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
        • Aug 2003

T-Hen was good last year but he is not seeing or hitting the holes he is dancing around and juking too much and being indecisive.
        Don't know if it is the change in RB coach, or to make TD look like a genius coaches are putting him in situations to make him look bad but something is not right with him this year.
        This line is not opening many holes so far, but could be T-Hen is not hitting holes when they are there and they are frustarted and not playing well
        just a theory

Comment

• Billzz
          • Sep 2003

T-Hen is hitting what holes are there which unfortunatly for him usually contain one or two of his own linemen. I lost count of how many times he is being hit at or before the line of scrimage in the last game. Only person I know right now that can turn that nothing into something is Ricky who also posses the speed to take it around the corner. Henry seems VERY SLOW compared to the pursuit in all games.

Watch the patience of Ricky and him extending his arm onto his linemen waiting for the hole to open. That is the biggest plus to him, he knows when to slam it in your mouth and when to be patient. Only one of these T-Hen has right now that I have seen, slam it in your mouth although it's usually in Teague's ass. I am just happy he isn't coughing up the ball which would really put some serious issues(like we don't have enough already)on Bledsoe and the recievers.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pmacla
            I have a question for all Mc Gahee doubters. If he was never hurt and came into camp the sunday before the season opener would you play him for the opener???
            um, probably, yes.. but he DID have a knee injury.. about as bad as you can get.. so this is not the same.. in any way shape or form.

Don't worry about the knee, no one has ever rehabbed with the intesity he has, the other rb's had nothing to prove and took their time rehabbing this guy was aggressive and stayed in total shape
            that has got to be one of the stupidest posts i have seen..

no other rb has rehabbed as hard as WM??? how the hell could you possibly know that.. that is about the blindest homeristic comment i have ever seen...

other rbs are not motivated? what about the ones that are on the chopping block around the nfl.. injuries mean your job.. dont give me that WM worked harder than anyone crap.. for alot of these guys.. playing in the nfl is the only thing that keeps them from having to go back to their parents 2 bedroom house.

look..i am all for him playing.. but all i am saying is dont rush the kid.. he will be in there when he is ready..

seriously, how would you feel if he had a set back in teh first game?
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ryven
              • Jan 2003

The biggest problem I see with our running games is we are not seeing enough of gash out on the field. The O-line is not opening the holes out there, but they are not putting gash in there to create any holes either. So I agree its not all TH's fault you also have to look at the O-line and the coaches for not putting in Sam Gash.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

Billy Dee Williams worked pretty hard in Brian's Song. It's hard to imagine Willis working any harder than that.

Comment

• ryven
                  • Jan 2003

But I cant wait to see what willis brings to the table.

Comment

• NoRing4U
                    • Jun 2003

I like McGahee's visor.

It'll blind you :snicker2:

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Comment

• E-Klips
                        You Have Failed Me For The Last Time...
                        • Oct 2003

CAN WILLIS MCGAHEE BLOCK???

As someone else said, the problems are way deeper than RB. You put him behind that line and he might get a return trip to the trainer's table......or worse.
                        CLASSIC QUOTE!!

"We've been simplifying. As the year goes on, we usually get more simpler. We'll continue to do that."

More simpler is right. ******.

-lordofgun, reacting to a quote from Gregg Williams, 10/15/03

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                          That IS the coolest visor I have ever seen, even cooler than Ricky's ultra dark visor. But I wonder if it's legal under NFL rules.

Scary though he's wearing Chris Watson's old number.

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

I don't think it woukld be illegal, besides what for is he smuggling something inside of his helmet.....lol:)

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Another report said that McGahee did not show the burst he had pre injury and that he walked with a slight limp, appearing to struggle with his knee brace. Granted, all reporters were allowed to witness was the warmups, but it's clear he's not ready to play Sunday. I am optimistic that he will have a complete recovery and will probably give some help to the team this year, which means he'll be activated no later than November 4 if I figured right. However, the problems of the Bills won't just evaporate because McGahee starts playing. Everyone on the team needs to find some intestinal fortitude that's been missing lately.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X