X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Official Sack Time

Redskins officials have received league approval to stop Sunday's game for a brief ceremony if Bruce Smith breaks Reggie White's NFL career sacks record. The veteran defensive end needs two sacks to break the record.

A day after defensive coordinator George Edwards indicated that Smith's playing time could be curtailed in an effort to keep him fresh while Regan Upshaw's workload increases, Coach Steve Spurrier indicated Smith will remain in the starting lineup.

"Bruce has played well," Spurrier said. "We just need to get Bruce in there a little bit more in passing-down situations. That's what we're trying to do."

more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

I hope he doesn't get it this week. Not against us.
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

He's got a good chance against Drew, who seems to be growing roots as the season progresses.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cntrygal

I hope he doesn't get it this week. Not against us.
        I hope he doesn't, also. If it was against any other team, I would go nuts...but it hurts when it is against your own team. It also is the kind of thing that could change the momentum to the Redskins.

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

if Bruce gets the record against us I will run around my block in my b day suit... his old a** shouldn't even b playin right now ...
          it would be a real record if he did it playing as many years as White did....

GO RED SOCKS!!!
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
          X