• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Bruuuuce

That Bruce Smith sets the all time sack record against us. He only needs 2 sacks to break Reggies White's all time sack record of 198.

I for one will stand up proud if he gets it on Sunday. After all Smith has sacked Bledsoe 12.5 times in his career.

It sure would be awesome to be in the Ralph just to hear BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCE!!!!! One more time.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

I would rather that he NOT get the record while playing against us.
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Oh come on. You seriously don't want Bruce to do it in the place he called home for so many years?

Oh wait I forgot who I was talking to...put that pencil down...
      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Cntrygal
        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
        • Jul 2002

If Bruce wants a taste of nostalgia... he should forget how to play. For this weekend, he is the ENEMY.
        Originally posted by notacon
        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Those are the words of a TRUE FAN!!!

Comment

• Ð
            1-800-SAD-GOAT
            • Jul 2002

I used to have two pet turtles named Cornelius & Bruce that I bought in the early 90's. I traded them in to the pet store once Bruce got traded...

Comment

• Wys Guy
              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
              • Jul 2002

Here's what's gonna happen. Bruce needs 1.5 sacks. He'll split one early on, by accident no doubt. Then...

On 2nd and inches, Drew audibles into a deep-ball play down inside the 10-yard line. Teague botches the snap making Drew scramble for the ball. Drew falls down due to the slick field. (rain expected) Not exactly being a "man of mobility", Drew does not struggle to get up. 3 seconds later Bruce lands on top of him.

It's the perfect scenario. Sums up Drew. Slaps Donahoe and Williams in the face as they deserve for not addressing OL needs, C and RG, in the offseason and not starting the best OL-men that we have. Makes Bruce's geriatric playing completely trivialize his "achievement" since it'll have taken him 4 more seasons than White ever played to reach the same sack total. As if White couldn't have burried this out of Smith's reach by playing another half-a-season prior to retiring.

It'll be an utter travesty, which IMO is what it should be w/ Bruce playing the way he is this season, no doubt only to chase a record that he doesn't deserve.

Will I be happy for him. I suppose. All I remember is his whining ass complaining every other quarter for more money in a bigger contract while getting angry about the ones that he signed. I'll clap, but it'll be no more than for any other player who would achieve the same accolade.

And this just in, he hasn't been a Bill since 4 seasons now.
              Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• ryjam282
                Offical Billszone Starting QB
                • Mar 2003

Come on Wys, you have to be kidding me, does that mean that Hank Aaron's HR record is less meaningful cause it took him more AB's then RUTH? I don't think so, a milestone is a milestone. Was Maris' (EDITED, SORRY) 61 homers less meaningful then Ruth's 60 cause they happened to play more games in a season then?
                If you say Reggie White could have played more seasons and put the record out of reach then why didn't he? Is it Bruce's fault that Reggie didn't make the number higher? No, Bruce is chasing a number and I, for one, would feel very happy for the man if he gets it. You say you remember him getting upset about contracts and stuff like that but I he still did his job and dominated the DE position for some time and all of that dominance happened in a Buffalo Bills uniform. There is no way we go to those 4 super bowls if he isn't playing for us. If the record falls this weekend I will put down my Cheese Doodles and stand up and give a nice clap for the man I loved to watch for all those years. I can not see a more fitting end to his career then to get the record in the Ralph and I know the crowd will be on there feet as well yelling BRRRRRUUUUCCCEEE just one more time.

Of course, I hope we win but I will still be happy to see him get it.

GO BILLS!!!

Ryan
                Last edited by ryjam282; 10-16-2003, 09:17 AM.

Ryan Withey
                Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  • Jul 2002

I'll give him a nice clap too. I'm just not gonna run out into the lot afterwards and do cartwheels! It is a record and deserves to be recognized, as I stated, but I won't treat it any differently that I would any more than I did when Emmitt crawled to his record on one leg and a cane. Would Bruce even be playing this year if the record weren't at stake? The only reason he even starts is b/c the Skins have no depth. He's well below average these days which doesn't say much for the Skins DL either.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Hey ryjam It was Maris who hit 61 not Gehrig!

Comment

• ryjam282
                      • Mar 2003

There D Line is pretty terrible but I am sure, as sad as it seems, we will make them look like 4 pro-bowlers like we did for the Jets D Line last week.

Ryan

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• ryjam282
                        • Mar 2003

Hey Thrumanator, my bad on that one....I meant Maris.....DUH!!!!:hamrhed:

Edit done....

I got caught up in a Wys reply moment.

Ryan

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282
                          There D Line is pretty terrible but I am sure, as sad as it seems, we will make them look like 4 pro-bowlers like we did for the Jets D Line last week.

Ryan
                          Indeed

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Bruce is one of my all time favorites and I will be very happy for him if he breaks it. If it is sunday I hope we are winning by a large margin when it happens.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

That's the point I was trying to make Thurm. If we are winning, it would be nice for him to get it at Orchard Park, his home for so many years.

Comment

Working...
                              X