PDA

View Full Version : So what about T K O?

Tatonka
10-16-2003, 08:07 AM
funny how spikes hasnt done CRAP .. nothing, nada, zilch in our three losses.. and no one points a finger at him..

spikes is making more $$$ than drew... supposed to be a leader.. fire people up.... there has been a direct correlation between his bad play and the teams defense.. he was brought here to make BIG plays.. which he did for 2 games.. seems he has settled down to earth now..

so great.. he made some real "touching" comments AFTER the games were over..

he didnt do crap on the field to get them going..

and i have him in a Fantasy Football league, so i follow his stats like a hawk.. and let me tell you what i see..

he runs up and jumps on the pile alot to get tons of assists.. but he doesnt make solo tackles.. and he doesnt make big plays..

so chew on that..

*i am sure that this will be considered a "defending drew" post.. but its not.. he is not playing well, but i think all the players should be held accountable.. that is my point.

robeezy
10-16-2003, 08:50 AM
1. Spikes doesn't run the defense.
2. Spikes isn't throwing interceptions.
3. Spikes makes the play when he needs to. He can't make the play everytime, but he's not making the mistakes either.
Hell, using that theory, Ryan Lindell hasn't been kicking the ball deep, is he to blame too?

Tatonka
10-16-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by robeezy
1. Spikes doesn't run the defense.
2. Spikes isn't throwing interceptions.
3. Spikes makes the play when he needs to. He can't make the play everytime, but he's not making the mistakes either.
Hell, using that theory, Ryan Lindell hasn't been kicking the ball deep, is he to blame too?
1. good players make plays.
2. drew isnt throwing many picks either.. but regardless.. spikes isnt making big plays.. which is the equivelent...
3. what plays are you referring to that spikes is making? you mean the solid 3 solo tackles from last game? cuz other than that.. he didnt do jack.

Turf
10-16-2003, 08:58 AM
Spikes has been a bit invisible lately. So has Milloy for that matter. The coaching sucks. I blame the coaching.

Tatonka
10-16-2003, 09:00 AM
spike is making as much as Moulds..

moulds makes game changing plays every game..

spikes does not... and as i pointed out.. other than the first two games.. what has he done.. pretty much nothing..

he is no ray lewis as people tried to say.. he does not put up 10 solo tackles a game... and though he is being used in blitz packages, he is not getting pressure with any consistencey..

bottom line is.. he talks alot off the field, and hasnt done much on it.. pretty much just like drew..

but everyone wants to dog drew, and act like spikes is god.

Turf
10-16-2003, 09:37 AM
So far it has been dissapointing, and Drew appears to be regressing.

QB coach Gilbride

DC Grey

The Spaz
10-16-2003, 09:59 AM
It's the whle teams fault not jsut one player, the coaches adn players have ruined this team right now!

NoRing4U
10-16-2003, 10:10 AM
Wasn't Spikes supposed to be a top tier LB? Hah, Dolphin fans were telling you all along this guy isn't anything special.

Seau is playing a hell of a lot better then Spikes so far.

The Spaz
10-16-2003, 10:21 AM
No way I would still rather have Spikes. Look Seau has already been out of a game and hurt.

Tatonka
10-16-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by NoRing4U
Wasn't Spikes supposed to be a top tier LB? Hah, Dolphin fans were telling you all along this guy isn't anything special.

Seau is playing a hell of a lot better then Spikes so far.

now that is an absolutely assinine statement.. spikes isnt making any big plays.. but seau has already been hurt, missed time and is not doing anything noteworthy at all.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
Spikes has been a bit invisible lately. So has Milloy for that matter. The coaching sucks. I blame the coaching.

Right on, TH. These guys are supposed to be playmakers. Some of it is coaching, but some of it appears to me to be a lack of intensity from the players themselves.

RUDEbyallMEANS
10-16-2003, 03:57 PM
Drew Bledsoe is being ***** on by Bills Fans now??

I thought WYS Guy had already informed all you Bills fans on how Bledsoe is no good.. Atleast you now know.. :D

Disgustipatex
10-16-2003, 04:01 PM
Uhh, Seau not doing anything? Have you watched many Dolphins games this year? I realize you didnt notice much because your offense kind of stayed still when you played us, but he did have that big 3rd down sack vs. you guys.

He's a difference maker in our D. His hamstring is his hamstring, it happens to everyone. It's alot more respectable then leaving a game because you have something in your eye(tears)

TedMock
10-16-2003, 04:08 PM
He's a difference maker in our D. His hamstring is his hamstring, it happens to everyone. It's alot more respectable then leaving a game because you have something in your eye(tears) [/B][/QUOTE]

That was just a stupid comment. He got poked bad enough to have totally lost site in that eye for several days including the following game which he played. I thought Seau would be an excellent pickup for you guys but I also think Spikes is an excellent pickup for us.

Michael82
10-16-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by TedMock
That was just a stupid comment. He got poked bad enough to have totally lost site in that eye for several days including the following game which he played. I thought Seau would be an excellent pickup for you guys but I also think Spikes is an excellent pickup for us.

BINGO! Finally someone hit the nail on the head. Takeo Spikes has been bothered by that eye poke since the Miami game. He is getting a little better, but still not 100%. He was poked in the eye and had 60% vision in week 4, about 75% in week 5, and it's almost back in week 6 (90%). They said on the radio that his eye was still freaking bloodshot last week! That is part of the reason why he hasn't been himself. when you dont have clear vision, you can easily over pursue and miss tackles. That is what has been happening. This week will tell us how he is. His eye sight should be back to 100%. So, let's just wait and see.

BTW....I blame the coaches for not letting him sit out week 4 to rest his injury.