X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

A few thoughts

1. Williams is terrible and may be the sole reason we’re 3-3 and not 5-1!

Why is it that Parcells can go down to Dallas and with NO talent get the Cowboys out to a 4-1 start?
    Why can John Fox lead Carolina to a 5-0 start with a terrible QB and marginal WR’s?
    Why can Mike Tice lead the Vikings to an undeafeted start with no running backs and an average defense?

I can go on forever! I think we have better talent then all of these teams, but yet we can’t win!

I am not one of those fans who panics at the first loss. I’m not one who wants to fire everyone after a 3-3 start. There’s a lot of football left and this is a talented team. Let’s play this thing out and see what happens! One thing I do know is that unless, Grogg wins the Division and at least one playoff game, he will NOT be offered a contract and I’m very happy about that.

Now on to his replacement! I do not want any of the bums on the current coaching roster! Not Lebaeu, Not Steckle and especially not Gilbride! I do not want the next HOT coordinator! Because for every John Fox and Mike Tice, you get a Gregg Williams, Marty Morningwig, Ray Rhodes and Wade Phillips. What I want is a guy who’s been a NFL head coach before. A guy who’s had success as an NFL head coach. And I want a guy that’s hungry. A guy who got close, and may have learned from his mistakes. The two guys I want are Tom Coughlin or Dennis Green! Both of these guys have had great success as an NFL head coach. Both have brought their teams to Championship games. Both have had 14-2 or better records in the NFL. I want one of these two guys on our sidelines next year.

2. This is related to the first point Everybody wants to get rid of the players. Bledsoe sucks, Winfield sucks, Adams sucks, Henry sucks, Reed sucks! WRONG!!!! These talented players didn’t forget how to play the game. Maybe it’s the poor calls that changed this season. Let’s play “What if” What if, Henry doesn’t throw that halfback option in that Miami game two weeks ago! Maybe Gilbride calls a running play and Henry bust off 4 yards. Then on the next play he tears off 5 more and on 3rd and one he takes it to the house. That game is 7-0 Buffalo early. Maybe we end up winning that game and going 3-0! Which would change the whole dynamic of the season. The point I’m trying to make, is that terrible coaching decisions like that DO NOT only effect that play. They could have an effect on the whole season.

3. I heard Steve Tasker say yesterday that Gilbride is using some nice packages on the field to fool the defense. Like bringing Gash, Henry and a Tight End out on the field to fool the defense into thinking run but sending these guys out wide to run patterns. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING KEVIN!!!! We have too much talent to be doing this. Let your players play! Send Moulds out there and tell the defense, “hey we’re going to throw it to number 80 because he’s the best player on our team. Or bring 2 tight ends and Sam Gash out and have Trey Teague look the NT in the eyes and say, “It’s going to be me, Sam Gash and then Henry running right thru you, get ready!” Just go out there and play. We have good players, let them play.

4. RUN THE GD MF’ing FOOTBALL! I don’t care if you only get 2 yards on 1st down and 3 yards on second down. Still gives you 3rd and 5! Which is much better then the 3rd and 15 you’d have after the sack and or penalty! RUN THE BALL! We were down 13-3 last week and we abandoned the run! WTF! Run the ball over and over and over again!

That’s all I’ve got. I’m not around as much anymore, so I’m not going to get into the newest Wys argument. It’s week 6 and he’s already written off the season. I just don’t think like that.
    Resign our own guys!
  • BuffaloRanger
    WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
    • Mar 2003

I agree with all your points Patrick. I think Lebeau is the Tourniquet this season with a search for a coach with experience and credentials, not lists and interview skills, starting after the season.
    Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Great post, Patrick. I think Green might be the man.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Pride
        • Jul 2002

You have voiced everything I would have... thanks

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Outstanding Patrick!

Comment

• Patrick76777
            • Jul 2002

One more thing! I'm not blaming the O-Line either. Everybody knows that the more you run the ball, the better the running game gets and you also increase the chance of breaking a few big ones. When you stop running once you're down by 10, you can't blame the O-line. If we go out and run the ball 30 times against the Skins, we'll have 130 yards rushing and everybody would be saying how good the line looks.
            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• BillsNick
              • Jul 2003

Great post! atleast as far as I read.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                • Jul 2002

We ran the ball 5 times in the 3rd quarter! Averaged 3.8 yards a carry!
                We ran the ball 0, YES ZERO times in the 4th quarter! Sure we were down by 24 points, but 0 carries!!!!!

First drive of the second half down 13-3, IN MY MIND, THE BIGGEST DRIVE OF THE GAME! pass on 1st down sack for –6 yards. Then a run on 2nd down for a gain of 3! This is insane. If you get those 3 yards on first down, it’s 2nd and 7 and we can run for another 3 o 4 yards making it 3rd and 3.

Second drive, down 20-3, 1st down run (holy crap) Travis gets us 5 yards and puts us in a nice 2nd a 5! But bad penalty makes it 2nd and 10. So we pass on 2nd and 10, 5 yards, pass on 3rd and 5 for 18 yards. (oh oh, Gilbride sees the pass is working, he’s going to stop running the ball! Don’t do it Kevin, keep mixing it up), 1st and 10 obvious running down right kevin? Nope, another bad penalty makes it 1st and 15 and Gilbride is locked into the pass. But it works, 18 yards to Reed (at this point, we may never see a run again) Yep we’re right a 4th pass in a row. 1st and 10 at the NY 37, here we go. Amazing 2 runs give us 7 yards and a 3rd and 3 at the Jets 30 yard line. We can get the first down with a nice run right! nope, Drew gets sacked making it 4th and 11. Not in FG range anymore, we’re forced to pass, incomplete, Drive over. 3 runs for 12 yards, 4 passes for 58 yards, 2 penalties for –10 and one sack for –8 yards.

Jets have all the momentum and score another TD, 27-3, now it’s time to give up on the run.
                Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                  • Jul 2002

Averaging 3-8 yards a carry, you can run on every single play and you would get a 1st down every 3rd play. Hell, Miami did it to us in week 3.
                  Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

The key play in the game was the 4th and inches in the 1st quarter when they ran WIDE and got stuffed. I was screaming at the TV. :angry: Gilbride can't even call a running play right.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                      • Jul 2002

RIGHT EE. 3rd and 1. You have 2 plays to get 1 yard. Your RB just gained 4 yards on the play before. What do you do.

Either sneak Drew up the middle or Jam Henry straight up the gut. Both plays EVERY TIME! what do we do, pass and then run a Friggen sweep. ON 4th and 1! INSANE call!

We get that first down and it’s either 6-0 or 10-0. And it's 10-0 and you put the ball in Vinny’s hands and that means the game is over. Bills win.

That’s what I mean when I say, one stupid call can change the whole game.
                      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                        • Jul 2002

Re: A few thoughts

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                        That’s all I’ve got. I’m not around as much anymore, so I’m not going to get into the newest Wys argument. It’s week 6 and he’s already written off the season. I just don’t think like that.
                        What have I said?

I've hardly posted in 5 weeks and when I have it's been usually nothing football related. If it is, then it's usually just some stats.

I guess I don't even have to post now to draw blame, shame, and fame.

Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Oh yeah, I forgot, I said I'm not doing wings this Sunday b/c I can't get home in time to buy them before Sunday morning for the TG party.

BZ Boards translation:

".........Wys said the season is over......."

LOL

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                            • Jul 2002

I just skimmed over your article and the thread that followed and saw someone say that you wanted to waive Drew, Sam and Winfield.

If it's not true, I'm sorry!
                            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              • Jul 2002

So naturally, just "b/c someone said it, I suppose it's true!"

LOL

Well, at least you hit the nail right on the head as to exactly why I don't post here anymore. Congrats. Few understand that.

:)

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X