PDA

View Full Version : Drew BledSack Stock plummeting!!!!

BillsNick
10-16-2003, 12:59 PM
DB Act One-->

I used to get excited everytime Drew walked up to the line and did his signature "double-hand helmet tap" and his pointing at possible blitzers. I thout that sometimes when he was checking plays at the line that it was going to work whatever it was. I figured that if his primary receiver wasn't open, he would find someone who was. I thought he was great.

DB Act Two-->

I get nervous. I get the feeling it's gonna be a three and out. I get the feeling it's gonna be a sack. I get the feeling there's gonna be a turnover. When they they do make a play, the first thing I look for is the flag to bring it right back. There just isn't any spark in his eye.

Now now, I am perfectly aware that it's not all DB's fault. A good way to look at it though, is that, Drew is the "field general" if you will, he is the man that makes the offense go. If your leader is weak, your whole team is weak. Decision making at the NFL QB level, should be worth what is being paid for them. I do love Drew, but his "can do no wrong" label is quickly fading, and not just here. He keeps playing like this, and he'll keep losing respect around the league as well.

WG
10-16-2003, 01:01 PM
It's me too. But we're the only two.

:)

TedMock
10-16-2003, 01:13 PM
I think if used properly Drew's fine, if not he's a disaster. My biggest complaint is that I feel as if Gilbride's exposing Drew's, the OL's and Henry's weaknesses. Drew definitely has glaring limitations but why not try to at least coach toward his strengths? My biggest "Drew complaint" is the lack of leadership. He's not a firey leader which I think we need right now. Moulds is but it's not the same coming from your WR as it is from the QB. Drew's not mobile and forces passes when things aren't open but given time he can go downfield as well as anybody. Henry does not have outside speed but is strong both between and off tackle. Why not pound the ball and play action? This is what we're good at yet we're not doing it. I really believe Parcell's and his new staff made all the difference in Dallas this year. Gilbride does not put his players in positions to use their strengths. Gash out wide?....more than once? The best blocking back in the NFL playing WR......great. That's fooling NOBODY. There isn't a person out there who thinks Gash is going to outrun a DB downfield. I think the players we have are more than adequate but there's no doubt that putting them in positions they're not good at is eventually going to result in disaster.

Patrick76777
10-16-2003, 01:15 PM
as posted in another thread:

Drew’s play is frustrating, but not to the point of wanting him out of here. Like I’ve said, it’s the coaching that is dragging this team down. We have talent on both sides of the ball. More then most teams in the league, but we don’t use it right. We flat out refuse to commit to the running game.

Look at our schedule. Our last 8 games are tough! I agree, but 6 of those games (6 of the last 7), Hou, Ind, at NYG, NYJ, Mia and at NE, will be played in cold weather Northern stadiums. How do you win games played in cold weather northern stadiums? With Power running on O. and tough Run D! We have the talent to be successful in both aspects! But time and time again, we refuse to commit to the run! IMO, if we did, then Drew would become an even bigger weapon. We pound and pound and pound, and when they least expect it, Drew hit’s Moulds for a 65 yarder!

This team can still be good.

BillsNick
10-16-2003, 01:19 PM
I agree :up:

stuckincincy
10-16-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by TedMock
I think if used properly Drew's fine, if not he's a disaster.

TM, you have hit the nail SQUARELY on the head. :up: U oughta be the coach.

BillsNick
10-16-2003, 02:33 PM
I can see we're all relatively in agreement here, we can still be good!

SABURZFAN
10-16-2003, 02:38 PM
we have to establish a running game for drew to be more effective.we're averaging 2.5 yards a carry.that's not going to get the job done.

BillsNick
10-16-2003, 02:42 PM
You're right about that. It's like a big game of dominoes.

justasportsfan
10-16-2003, 02:48 PM
To be fair, we also have to feel the same way against the entire team. Drew isn't the only leader on this team who hasn't played w/ intensity/heart/leadership. Everyone on this team has played like crap except for Pat Williams and maybe even Henry.

It will be interesting to see what character comes out this Sunday from all the leaders on this team. Not only this Sunday but every game from here on end.

BillsNick
10-16-2003, 02:56 PM
You're right, I really don't know what to expect on Sunday. Any of you guys gonna be there?

Jan Reimers
10-16-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by BillsNick
You're right, I really don't know what to expect on Sunday. Any of you guys gonna be there?

Sure. Drinking heavily. What else is there to do during these debacles?

helmetguy
10-16-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Sure. Drinking heavily. What else is there to do during these debacles?

Chomping down Rolaids like candy-in part from the beer, but mostly...ummm...uhhhh....Oh, well......*sure as hell beats yard work*............

Sabre Ally
10-16-2003, 09:18 PM
I might need to borrow some of your Rolaids again if this game is anything like the last few have been.

IHateTheDullphins
10-17-2003, 08:02 AM
I spell relief B.E.E.R.

Cntrygal
10-17-2003, 08:12 AM
I'll be at work. :(

I hope they come out showing some intensity. Alot of intensity would be great.... and have it all the way thru the KC game even. Go into the bye week on a positive note....... Maybe I'm delusional.

:boozer:

BillsNick
10-17-2003, 08:20 AM
I would really love to see them take KC off their high horse.