PDA

View Full Version : What problems do you notice about the Sabres?

JD
10-16-2003, 04:25 PM
And what would you do if you were Ruff, to correct them?

Well here are a few of mine, inabiltiy to skate fast. The Sabres for the past few years have been known to be fast on their skates. What happend this year? I would maybe have the team do one day of practice just on skating (speed) and also stopping as fast as possible, or turning as fast as possible without falling.

Also, poor coaching. In the first 2 games of the season the Sabres looked like a High School hockey team out there. Ruff did something wrong during training camp to cause them to play so poorly. But things sorta made a rebound in the 3rd game in which we won against Dallas. Hopefully it will be a turnaround for the better. Solution: I have no idea. Except to give Lindy da boot!

Goaltending, well, you cant say that its bad so far this year because the 2 loses by Miller werent all because of him. Usually our defenders would leave a guy or two open which would end up scoring on us. Solution: With the new goaltending coach we recieved this year (i think it was) we should not have to worry about our goaltenders tooo much.

Do you agree?

:j7:
:lol:

SkateZilla
10-18-2003, 03:10 PM
No Defense, Wihc Exception to Zhitnik and his Street hockey style of play (Saving us 3x on Definate Goals) and Peters Fighting every mofo out there.

When you have Young Goalies You Cant leave them out for the licking like we have, you have to protect them and support them, dont let the shooter get into a primew scoring situation, and if you must give up shots give up Shots the goalie will see the whole way.

Thats Something Norfolk Does Really well, SInce we Now have PASSMORE playing in the AHL, our Defense Only game up 3 Shots per period Average until last night.

Our defense is Just way too passive, Fu-cking Goldie Hawn Could Prolly skate thru and score.

Sabre Ally
10-18-2003, 03:13 PM
WEll duh, the players would be too busy checking out the logo on Goldie's chest to bother trying to play defence. :snicker:

The Spaz
10-18-2003, 04:34 PM
I think we have plenty of scoring but our defense it from a physical stand point is terrible!

JD
10-18-2003, 09:06 PM
I dunno, Our defense isnt THAT bad, I mean we actually take the man more often instead of poke-checking like little women.

Dozerdog
10-18-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I think we have plenty of scoring but our defense it from a physical stand point is terrible!

We do? We get shut out in game 1 and 2, and score 1 in game 4. We can't score.

Turf
10-18-2003, 09:14 PM
Coach.