PDA

View Full Version : Flutie adjusts to being a backup...

itsandthings
09-28-2002, 07:06 AM
He seems to be getting along quite well with Drew Brees:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20020927-9999_1s27chargers.html

clumping platelets
09-28-2002, 07:09 AM
:rolleyes:

Oohh..........how many years did it take and for a few weeks

Creemoredrinker
09-28-2002, 08:27 AM
:crazed:

The poison is just under check due to the medication they have him on. Just let him get a taste of playin gand he will be the same cancer he has been everywhere else.

SABURZFAN
09-28-2002, 08:29 AM
if flutie can stand still,brees would have something to set his Gatorade down on.

mybills
09-28-2002, 08:29 AM
This ought to make Jaded happy!

Creemoredrinker
09-28-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by mybills
This ought to make Jaded happy!

That's my department. I will make her happy.

doug45
09-28-2002, 09:00 AM
It is sad to see people still bashing this former Bill. Lets grow up a little and move on.

SABURZFAN
09-28-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by doug45
It is sad to see people still bashing this former Bill. Lets grow up a little and move on.

lighten up doug.we're just having fun.i believe that we're "attacking the post and not the posters."

Valerie
09-28-2002, 09:43 AM
MyBills, this DOES make me happy. :) Doug is a good guy and I'm sick to death of hearing what a rotten person and teammate he is and/or was. He's not! It was a combination of a lot of things when he was here in Buffalo and the freaking brain-dead, bandana wearing, surfer dude was just as much at fault! You people must all need glasses so you can read ALL of the stories about both guys. Give it up! Doug is and was a good player, a good person on and off the field and a good teammate and teacher, for those willing to learn from him.

WG
09-28-2002, 11:10 AM
Uh oh! Now you guys did it!!!

Mrs. Flutie is here...

:lol:

Ya got her in a bad mood too! Poor Dougie tonight...

:D

"The poison is just under check due to the medication they have him on."

LMAO Creemore!

I sent him the rest of my pain medication...

itsandthings
09-28-2002, 11:40 AM
There was still talk last year of San Diego teammates being irritated with Flutie for not diverting blame to others during their 9-game losing streak to close the season.

However, this year he really has seemed to have accepted being the backup and him and Brees really have become good friend (they frequently golf together). Doug has praised Brees on many occasions and Brees has good things to say about Doug. It is true Doug has rubbed teammates the wrong way for a selfish attitude at all his professional stops (including Canada), but it seems in this case he has handled Brees being handed the job in a very professional manner. He deserves credit for that.

Of course, if they start losing then things may be different. Winning cures a lot of ills...

Valerie
09-28-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy Uh oh! Now you guys did it!!! Mrs. Flutie is here...:lol:

Ya got her in a bad mood too! Poor Dougie tonight...:D
Yup, you got that right, Wys. I'm here and I'll defend Doug until I'm dead. :) And even after I'm gone, I'm going to have all of Doug's qualities written out and I'll be sure to send everyone I know a copy. ;)

Seriously though, Doug is not a bad person or a cancer to his team. If you all just think about it for one minute, it must be frustrating to be a starter most of your career and then all of a sudden become a back-up. And I'm sure it hurts too. Doug plays football because he loves the sport and as a back-up, there's obviously not much playing time. I'm not saying he handles his frustration the best way possible, but he's getting that under control. Just leave the poor guy alone.

timfromjersey
09-28-2002, 11:26 PM
The only cancer I saw was Brain Cancer- aka Rob Johnson. And that cancer has been biopsied and removed. I heard it's metastasized somewhere down in Tampa though.

casdhf
09-29-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by timfromjersey
The only cancer I saw was Brain Cancer- aka Rob Johnson. And that cancer has been biopsied and removed. I heard it's metastasized somewhere down in Tampa though.

Watch out! Wys may be here... :couch:

:D

Valerie
09-29-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by timfromjersey The only cancer I saw was Brain Cancer- aka Rob Johnson. And that cancer has been biopsied and removed. I heard it's metastasized somewhere down in Tampa though.
Very true, Tim. :up: And imagine how frustrating and annoying it must've been for Doug trying to teach that brain-dead moron. I'm sure that in itself was so frustrating for Doug, that's what caused him to lose his temper. I sure Rob has that effect on all of his teachers. lol

colin
09-30-2002, 10:17 AM
Wait till SD loses and Brees has a bad game.

Gunzlingr
09-30-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7

...that brain-dead moron.

:lol: J7, I thought you loved dumb animals!

Valerie
09-30-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by gunzlingr :lol: J7, I thought you loved dumb animals!
I do love dumb animals, Gunzlinger, but they have to be the four legged ones, not the two legged ones. lol I have no patience for a dumb man. ;)