PDA

View Full Version : Zonebucks!

Fennernen
10-16-2003, 06:07 PM
Hey everyone!

Here's another little game I've introduced, it doesn't really have to do with the Sabres all that much, but it is incentive to keep checking the forum...

Here's the deal:

- I love movies, and I usually quote movies when I talk... I have already quoted some movies in my earlier posts.

- If anyone spots a quote that I have used and can identify the movie, post it here first and I'll send you 50 Zonebucks...

- If I had more moolah I would send you more. But for now, it's 50, and I'll make sure I don't use more quotes then I have denominations of 50.

- Yes, you can guess the ones I've already used

- Make sure it's an obvious quote, I don't count it if I say like "That's cool" and you say it's from one of a thousand movies it's from, trust me, if it's a quote, you'll know.

BONUS: My sig is a movie quote, so if you know it, you could be the first winner!

Sabre Ally
10-16-2003, 06:59 PM
I can't make decisions, I'm a president!!!

From Spaceballs

Sabre Ally
10-16-2003, 07:07 PM
I know what your sig is from, and you've quoted that movie at least once before, too, but I don't want to hog all the zonebucks. I'll leave those for someone else. BTW, you have excellent taste in movies. :canada:

JD
10-16-2003, 07:14 PM
New doot aboot it!

Hmmm, well it was referenced in South Park the Movie, but im not sure if that counts.

Fennernen
10-16-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by JD SabreFan
New doot aboot it!

Hmmm, well it was referenced in South Park the Movie, but im not sure if that counts.

Naw, I wasn't refering to that.... New doot aboot it is just an accent, not a quote... so no bones on that one.....

Sabre Ally, you are bang on! 50 Bucks for you!!!

And come on JD, I thought you would get my sig for sure!

Fennernen
10-16-2003, 08:04 PM
HINT!!!

There are hidden quotes by me in the following threads:

: Interesting Post on the Sabres Forum

: LMAO New Sabres.com poll

: .:*3 Stars Predictions (BUF@EDM)*:.

: Sabres @Oilers Lucky Picks

BONUS HINT: One of these four quotes is from the same movie that my sig is from... Good Luck

qcsabresfan84
10-16-2003, 09:03 PM
There's a lot of pressure, a lot of negative energy. You gotta block it out. You gotta harness the good energy, and block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad. Feel the flow Skatezilla. It's like a carosel, you pay the quarter, get on the horse, it goes up and down, and around, circular, with the music, all good things...

I knew that one as soon as i saw it. Happy Gilmore

pyrrhonist
10-16-2003, 09:07 PM
Am I allowed to guess the quote in "LMAO, New Sabres.com poll"??

Fennernen
10-16-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by pyrrhonist
Am I allowed to guess the quote in "LMAO, New Sabres.com poll"??

Of course you can! That's the point... the hint was there to help out... you still win if you get those ones!

Fennernen
10-16-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by qcsabresfan84
I knew that one as soon as i saw it. Happy Gilmore

Good job qcsabresfan84, 50 zonebucks headed your way!

pyrrhonist
10-16-2003, 09:18 PM
"Yo she-*****.......let's go"!----------Army of Darkness (Ash Williams/Bruce Campbell)

Fennernen
10-16-2003, 09:20 PM
"Yo she-*****.......let's go"!----------Army of Darkness (Ash Williams/Bruce Campbell)

WAY TO GO PYRO!!!!

Impressive... You get an extra 25 for knowing Ash's last name!

75 Zonebucks comin' your way

pyrrhonist
10-16-2003, 09:25 PM
I thought about posting his full first name (Ashley), but didn't want to degrade the poor bastard!! :insane:

qcsabresfan84
10-16-2003, 09:27 PM
You better be careful Fenn, at this rate you're going to run out of money

pyrrhonist
10-16-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by qcsabresfan84
You better be careful Fenn, at this rate you're going to run out of money

:const: LOL!!

Speaking of........

"COME SEE THE VIOLENCE INHERENT IN THE SYSTEM, HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED!"

That, sir, would be from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. :punk:

Fennernen
10-16-2003, 10:06 PM
VERY GOOD PYRO!!! The whole part before that was part of the quote as well... but I'll accept this. 50 bucks sent out to you!

And don't worry... read the rules in the first post... I will not give more movie quotes then I have denominations of 50 zonebucks!

Any donations to me so I can keep this quote thing going would be greatly appreciated (I'm just talking to the people with billions of zonebucks)...

Myers57
10-17-2003, 10:24 AM
:const: LOL!!

Speaking of........

"COME SEE THE VIOLENCE INHERENT IN THE SYSTEM, HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED!"

That, sir, would be from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. :punk:

Damn, you beat me!

Fennernen
10-17-2003, 11:36 AM
Many thanks go out to Earthquake Enyart for her generous donation to the Movie Quote Fund... The Movie Quote Game will continue!!! To Eathquake I say this:

Bow down to her, bow down to the queen of garbage, the queen of filth, slime, muck....

The_Philster
10-17-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Fennernen
Many thanks go out to Earthquake Enyart for her generous donation to the Movie Quote Fund... The Movie Quote Game will continue!!! To Eathquake I say this:

Bow down to her, bow down to the queen of garbage, the queen of filth, slime, muck....

:lol: EE a "her" :snicker:

Fennernen
10-17-2003, 08:15 PM
HIM!!! whatever.... I'm just basing it on the avatar....

pyrrhonist
10-17-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Fennernen

Fennernen,

Is that from the Princess Bride, by chance? :music:

Fennernen
10-17-2003, 09:27 PM
Wow... you're good! I wasn't sure if anyone would get that! 50 buckarooni's goin' to you!

pyrrhonist
10-18-2003, 12:48 AM
What can I say---I'm a geek!! :cheers:

Sabre Ally
10-18-2003, 09:23 AM
Ok, since no one has gotten it yet.....your sig is from Wayne's World.

Fennernen
10-18-2003, 05:42 PM
Finally... I can't believe it took this long... I mean, I know you knew it from the beginning, but still, doesn't anyone out there know the classics... I guess I can't complain, Army of Darkness, Spaceballs, Happy Gilmore, Holy Grail, and the Princess Bride were all guessed pretty quick. But still, Wayne's World!!! Anyway, 50 bucks for Ally, and now I have to come up with a new sig.

Fennernen
10-18-2003, 11:15 PM
I can't believe nobody is gettin' the rest of my quotes... and my sig!!! You would think that with so many different people out there that there would be at least one person that could get a quote from any movie. Oh well.... I'm gonna let the outstading quotes go a little longer and then I will reveal them here... But don't worry, there will plenty more to come! I have to realize that this is a pretty big task I've given myself. I have to keep all you guys guessing... I was always told this bit of advice... With great power comes great responsibilty.... Hmmmm, funny that I would just say that....

Sabre Ally
10-19-2003, 12:19 AM
I don't want to be a zonebuck whore and get them all. I'm trying to leave some for other people. :snicker:

Fennernen
10-19-2003, 12:42 AM
It's only 50... plus, there more that get guessed, the more I can put out there... so if you know 'em.... go fer it... I'll start making them more obscure and tougher to get!

pyrrhonist
10-19-2003, 01:43 PM
Hell with waiting for everyone else to guess! :bling:

The sig:

"Everybody be cool, you, be cool."

That would be from one of my favorite movies ever, PULP FICTION.

Fennernen
10-19-2003, 02:00 PM
WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!!

I'm sorry my friend, I think you have your Tarantino movies mixed up... if it is from Pulp Fiction, that's not what I was referring to.... It is from a different movie also by Quentin...

Fennernen
10-19-2003, 02:01 PM
And who the hell said you have to wait??

I got tons of these quotes so don't worry about giving eveyone a chance to read it, it's just more incentive to be checking in here all the time!

pyrrhonist
10-19-2003, 02:03 PM
Eh!? It is actually in Pulp Fiction as well (the diner hold-up scene with Tim Roth/Samuel L./Travolta), but I understand if you weren't actually thinking of Pulp. :up:

pyrrhonist
10-19-2003, 03:09 PM
Might as well get points, though.....

Since you state you aren't thinking of Pulp, it would have to be the crazy From Dusk 'Til Dawn. :coocoo:

Fennernen
10-19-2003, 04:41 PM
Damn Straight it's from From Dusk 'Till Dawn! Good Job, you get your 50 bucks now!

pyrrhonist
10-20-2003, 10:05 AM
It's time for you to get a new sig, Fennernen. This game is too cool. :shades:

Fennernen
10-20-2003, 03:31 PM
Ok, here ya go... But I'm warning you, this one is not easy! This will be the true test of your movie knowledge. Keep in mind, however, that this is by no means the toughest of the tough movie quotes I can come up with.