PDA

View Full Version : Who will be best year on defense?

Butch
07-22-2002, 08:44 AM
Who is going to have the best year on our defense, Keith Newman, Pat Williams, London Fletcher, Antoine Winfield, or Nate Clements?

My vote goes for Keith Newman. Last year he became a better all round LB because he had to drop back in coverage more. This year, he has London Fletcher in the middle and will now be able to do what he does best, rush the passer. With Sam Cowart in the middle, he had 8.5 sacks in 2000. I wouldn't be surprised if Newman gets double digit sacks this year.

LtBillsFan66
07-22-2002, 08:49 AM
I'll go with Newman too. He'll get a chance to blitz more. He is a great pass rusher.

TedMock
07-22-2002, 08:54 AM
my vote's with Newman. We already know from 2 years ago and his days in North Carolina that he's a solid pass rusher and last year he was forced to learn other aspects of linebacker. That only makes him better all around and he's entering his "peak" years as a pro so I'm excited about him this year.

bduff54
07-22-2002, 08:55 AM
i say williams introduces himself to the NFL this year and becomes the premier DT!

Valerie
07-22-2002, 09:09 AM
WooHoo!!!!! The bloody head is back! :) Well, Bduff, even though it's not an attractive avatar, it seems to fit you. Glad to see it again....I think. :)

lordofgun
07-22-2002, 09:27 AM
I'm going to say Clements. The guy has all the tools to be the best CB in the league. He explodes this year!

angneli
07-22-2002, 09:29 AM
Winfield. He is the best run support corner in the league. He will be a huge part of our run defense.

don137
07-22-2002, 09:45 AM
I gave a slight nod of Newman over Clements because it seems that sacks is the most visible defensive stat and Newman will lead the team in sacks especially with Buffalo offense aiiring the ball so much that the opposition will be passing as a result so Newman should see 10+ sacks this year. Williams does the dirty work that is not appreciated by the average fan but knowledgable fans love the little things that he does.

Butch
07-22-2002, 12:14 PM
The thread should read "Who will have the best year on defense?"

Sorry for the bad typo for the title.

Rude American
07-22-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I'm going to say Clements. The guy has all the tools to be the best CB in the league. He explodes this year! I agree.

colin
07-22-2002, 01:41 PM
I think Williams may be our best/most important player this season. In terms of the numbers that people like to see (sacks, ints) it will be between Newman, Schoble, and Clements for the big numbers. If Newman can get 10 sacks, 100 tackles, and 2 INTS, he will be a Pro Bowler and probably a starter. Even if Williams is a better player.

The Shadow
07-22-2002, 01:43 PM
Nate is going to end up leading the AFC, and maybe the NFL, in INTs. Newman's rushing is going to cause opposing QB's to throw many a wounded duck and Clements is going to catch a lot of them.

askabry
07-22-2002, 02:41 PM
Clements might also gain votes for his return abilities, both with the INTs and punts.

The Shadow
07-22-2002, 02:52 PM
I hope Clements isn't allowed to return anything this year. He's worth too much to our secondary to risk getting injured returning punts or kickoffs. Remember Sehorn a couple of years ago?

DraftBoy
07-22-2002, 02:58 PM
I say Winfield. Hes a great shut down corner. He hits like a guy 2x his size. Has great instincts on the ball andI think will be a pro bowler this year.