PDA

View Full Version : Voice of a fan

mybills
10-17-2003, 06:47 PM
Is it any wonder why I hate NE? It's fans like this that I totally agree with, about sports writers like this in my area. I couldn't have put it better myself! This article is old as you will see, but after all, it also explains my lack of enthusiasm for Drew Bledsoe!;)

<b>It's interesting to see how the Providence Journal sports writers idolize and portray Drew Bledsoe as a superman who singlehandedly works miracles when the Patriots eek out a victory, but when the team loses, it seems to lose as a team.

Four weeks ago when the Patriots slipped by Miami, 26-23, we read, "Drew Bledsoe's late TD pass saves the day and season"; "Bledsoe's toughness should no longer be doubted"; "Great performance is proof that Bledsoe's a leading man"; "Bledsoe throws winning TD pass with finger fractures in two places." That was all the news on sports pages 1 and 2.

The next week, when the Pats won again, this time with a last second victory over Buffalo, 25-22 (clearly with the help of officials who blew a final call) it was more of the same, broken finger and all. Then when they finally won one convincingly over Pittsburg, 23-9, forget about it. Bledsoe, Bledsoe, Bledsoe, etc., etc., etc.

Then they went into St Louis and lost badly to one of the worse teams in the league, and what did we read the next day? "The Rams whip the Pats." The text of the article said, "Bledsoe ran out of miracles." The truth is, Bledsoe ran out of luck, as did the Patriots as a team.

The writers will now have to write about something other than the the media's golden boy. It wouldn't be the first time. In fact, last year the Pats won a few games in spite of of Bledsoe's lousy play but you won't read that in the Providence Journal sports pages.

Tom,
from Providence</b>

btw, Projo's sports writers still write like this. :rolleyes:

mybills
10-17-2003, 09:26 PM
Wow, no comments? I'm not sure what team this guy is a fan of by his comments, but I remember that Buffalo game and he hit the nail on the head!
:up:

BillsFever
10-17-2003, 09:37 PM
Sounds like what's going on now. The 1 in 4 games Drew does good he is a god. The other 3 games he stinks the joint up it was the teams fault.

mybills
10-17-2003, 10:16 PM
I have the guys last name (didn't want to post it on the internet) I'll look him up in the phone book & call him. Obviously he's not a Drew fan, but I'm dying to know who he roots for...:snicker: