PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think that Notre Dame is the luckiest team in college?

WG
09-28-2002, 11:19 AM
Has anyone watched their games of late?

I saw that Michigan game where Holiday not only fumbled, but also didn't cross the plane of the goal line and the refs gave him the TD even though he was a yard short. Oh, BTW, that was the winning TD.

In several other games, they get calls that no other team would get and the officials simply ignore blatant calls against N.D.

It's as if there's a media annointing that N.D. has to be in the top 10 again this year. Unreal.

They play an easy schedule as well w/ currently only 1 top 10 team on it, FSU, and only one other top 20 team on it, Michigan, whom they beat w/ help from the refs.

They have no offense at all either. FSU should kick the crap outta them and knock them back down into reality.

Sorry, just had to vent after watching ND games the past few weeks. This season has redefined "Luck of the Irish!"

Ebenezer
09-28-2002, 03:30 PM
a tad bit bitter or envious?? lol

GO IRISH!!! I can't wait until 11/23...I'll be there for the game against Rutgers.

mybills
09-28-2002, 07:06 PM
Stuff happens sometimes wys, but I don't think losing to one team 8 yrs in a row, with several different coaches is very lucky. I can't remember the name of that team, but they finally beat them this year. It was a clean and fair game too, unlike what you described above.
I love Notre Dame, it's probably part of the reason I don't think Brady is a one yr. wonder! :ontome:

WG
09-30-2002, 11:44 PM
All I know is that N.D. is the "anti-Bills" when it comes to the refs.

I don't particularly hate N.D., but what I do hate is this bias all across America that favors them artificially to the point where it impacts outcomes of games against ranked teams.

Ebenezer
10-01-2002, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by mybills
I love Notre Dame, it's probably part of the reason I don't think Brady is a one yr. wonder! :ontome:

What does Brady have to do with Notre Dame...he went to Michigan. :ebenezer:

clumping platelets
10-01-2002, 05:56 AM
:chuckle:

mybills
10-01-2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

What does Brady have to do with Notre Dame...he went to Michigan. :ebenezer:

A Pats fan told me he's from Notre Dame. Guess I should know better than to listen to them ! :hammeru: sorry!

Ebenezer
10-01-2002, 09:07 AM
mybills :whip: eb