PDA

View Full Version : Wow, did you read this?

ryjam282
10-18-2003, 01:28 PM
Did anyone read the Between the Lines piece on the Homepage about Donahoe? A very good read, I tend to agree with a lot of what was written. We could have used some other DL or OL in the draft and just imagine what this team would have looked like if we had gotten Hugh Douglas. I know he is kinda old but he is still pretty good. Although, I do love that we have TKO and wouldn't give that up for anything, I was just wondering what you guys thought.

Ryan

CHECK IT OUT, HERE! (http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?state=news&action=YourSite_content&month=10&nid=7203)

venis2k1
10-18-2003, 02:28 PM
Hugh has 1 sack in 6 games so far this year, IF anything i would have rather had Colvin instead of Posey, but Posey looks solid at a much cheaper price.

BillC
10-18-2003, 02:35 PM
Some of the assesments of the coaches, -Williams , Gilbride, and Ruel are pretty accurate- but nothing we have not heard before.

But on others, specifically Jerry Grey and LeBeau he's completely off base.

Let me get this straight- Grey pilots the defense solo for 2 years and they are amongst the league's worst. They bring in LeBeau (along with talent which the author says is a waste) and even in our skid the Bills are the 6th rated Defense in the league.

He heckles Lebeau for "showing us nothing in Cincy". Putting the complete lack of commitment from Mike Brown on to Lebeau's shoulders. He fails to mention that LeBeau's defenses led Cincy to the Super Bowl in the late 80's and Pittsburgh to the Super Bowl in the 1990's. Since he came on board the defense has moved 20 spots up in the league rankings- that means nothing?

BillC
10-18-2003, 02:44 PM
As far as his assesments that Tom Donahoe wasted team rescources signing players with injury histories is ridiculous. Tell me, who or what did we "lose" by bringing in guys like Marcus Jones and McKenzie? It's not like we lost any cap space, preventing us from bringing in somebody.

It wasn't 'Jones or Douglas" - If he makes it great- we have a 10 sack a year DE - if not- what did we lose? A couple of preseason snaps from Lavale Sape? :rolleyes:

It's too easy to play 20-20 hindsight and nitpick the 50th and 60th players on the roster.

Talk about the draft- who would you have selected? It's easy to say "we shoulda- woulda-coulda"

Give me names- who was available at our slot? Would they be any better than who we got now? I would have given serious consideration to Faine, but he was grabbed by the Browns.

venis2k1
10-18-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by BillC
Give me names- who was available at our slot? Would they be any better than who we got now? I would have given serious consideration to Faine, but he was grabbed by the Browns.

I would have taken chris simms instead of angelo crowell at the end of the 3rd round.

ArcticWildMan
10-18-2003, 03:13 PM
It's all hindsight now, but I wish we had taken Roy Williams instead of Mike Williams. I was hoping on draft day two years ago that we would grab him but we were just too high on the board to draft a safety.