You Tell'em, Larry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

You Tell'em, Larry!

Bills are waving a white flag unless they ax head coach

10/19/2003

By LARRY FELSER

Every week of the Bills' schedule has brought us a surprise. Even when they beat Cincinnati in overtime, Gregg Williams fought a duel with the percentages when his team drove to the Bengals' 3-yard line in sudden death and, rather than kick a field goal, allowed two more running plays, both by Travis Henry, not a stranger to fumbling.
    This week's surprise involves Williams himself. What in the name of Amos Alonzo Stagg is he still doing coaching the Buffalo Bills?

This is the most disappointing season in Bills history. Six weeks into the Buffalo schedule it's been a one-game season. Bills 31, Patriots 0. Whoopee! After that, and Week Two's whupping of the Jaguars, they headed south in advance of the red-winged blackbirds.

The brass knew what they might expect when they refused to give Williams an extension on his contract beyond this season. Tom Donahoe insisted he not be referred to as a lame duck. How about a "canvasback on injured reserve?"

Reason No. 1 why Williams shouldn't be here this afternoon: Ralph Wilson himself identified the play of the Bills for the last three weeks as "sleepwalking." The Boss is a kind man. It looked to me as if there were cadavers under those red helmets.....MORE...
  • Brian Griese Rulz
    • Aug 2003

So according to Larry, GW was not offered a contract extension by the Bills. In fact they refused to give him a extension.

That settles all the rumors that GW turned down a extension.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Kevin 'Allergic to the running game' Gilbride...

Great article - he obviously shares a lot of the same views many of us do.

Stonehenge, the Pyramids, why GW is still HC of the Bills... One thing I know, if we get another ass whooping today, already conceding the one next week at KC (has an NFL game ever been forfeited??), GW's gonna have to hire a bodyguard...

Comment

• Doc
        • Dec 2002

Felser has it wrong. TD offered GW a "modest" extension, i.e. the same pay for a year, and GW turned it down.

Comment

• Brian Griese Rulz
          • Aug 2003

Besides people on here saying he turned a extension down, I have never read in a article like this one saying so.

Comment

• Doc
            • Dec 2002

I heard it from Chris Mortensen earlier in the pre-season.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Doc
              Felser has it wrong.

it doesn't surprise me.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Herdwatcher
                One out of many
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                Bills are waving a white flag unless they ax head coach

10/19/2003

By LARRY FELSER

This week's surprise involves Williams himself. What in the name of Amos Alonzo Stagg is he still doing coaching the Buffalo Bills?

[/URL] [/B]
                A.A. Stagg high. That's my high school here in Stockton. Stagg came to Stockton from Chicago I believe to coach at the College of the Pacific, now, UOP. The man did a hell of a lot for the game 70 or so years ago as we know it now.

From Larry, no doubt, if the players want to defend the coach, do it on the field not in front of a reporter.
                Pounding the world like a battering-ram!

Comment

Working...
                X