Glad to see the bills came out to play...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billzz
    • Sep 2003

Glad to see the bills came out to play...

Ok, so they came out with a renewed passion and excitement. Flying around the football, making plays and not missing tackles. Yes I know the offense was impressive but the D was the highlight in my book.

Concerns:

-----K Thomas scares me whenever they throw they ball to his side. He has great athletic ability but his concentration is something to be desired. Watched him a few times get turned around losing his reciever.

-----Winfield played solid except for the one long pass. Wow that reciever was fast, great ankle tackle when he knew he was beat.

-----Travis break away speed. First off BIG PROMPTS to a hell of a game. He was running hard and kept the handle, even though a few plays you where almost expecting it to come flying out when he was giving the extra effort.

Where is the open field burst? Yes I know it was a DB that caught him who's bread and butter is speed but he had a pretty big head start on him. I guess I just don't picture him as a between the tackles kind of runner because of his size, more of a finesee juking type runner that makes people miss since he seems to go down after the first contact.(I know this will get me hammered so fire away)

-----PLAY CALLING!!!! Who exactly is calling QB sneaks? It's GW's decision to change these even if he's not calling them. Why would you ever risk injury to your starting QB? I could of reached thru the screen and choked them both. Drew does have a history of dropping the rock.(Yea I know when hit from behind blah blah blah)

I am just amazed though at a very well called game overall with a mix of GAME KILLING ones. One positive though was Drew being reserved and not throwing the deep ball. I will credit that to the coaching staff making him stay within the game plan. Regardless of his skills somone needs to keep him in check from throwing past 20 yards unless it's wide open. Low percentage plays that equate to drive killers where almost non existent.

In regards to the moose's comments about TK's players only meeting:

I do not agree with his comments about them being a negative, not with this team. We have many leaders on both sides of the ball who are mature enough not to point fingers but to rather comment on the overall FLATNESS they have experienced. Looks like they need one of these every week to get fired up, they may need 2 for the KC game.

GO BILLS!!!! and Congratulations to Talley, well deserved!!!!!
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Talley!
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

The only legitimate ***** i have about this game is penalties. Sloppy.

Comment

• Billzz
        • Sep 2003

Most of the penalties came from the same guy.

Comment

• venis2k1
          Youboty can hope
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billzz
          Most of the penalties came from the same guy.
          We had penalties all across the O-line, I think Pucillo(who had a GREAT game BTW) was the only one not to have one. I would also like to point out that we really didnt have any mental error penalties(I.E. False start) most of them were for holding.

Comment

• Cntrygal
            Visually stunning but camera-shy.
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billzz
            In regards to the moose's comments about TK's players only meeting:

I do not agree with his comments about them being a negative, not with this team. We have many leaders on both sides of the ball who are mature enough not to point fingers but to rather comment on the overall FLATNESS they have experienced. Looks like they need one of these every week to get fired up, they may need 2 for the KC game.

GO BILLS!!!! and Congratulations to Talley, well deserved!!!!!
            2 for the KC game is definately a good idea.
            Originally posted by notacon
            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

Working...
            X