PDA

View Full Version : Henry's breakout game?

Moulds80
10-19-2003, 08:01 PM
Lately the running game has been anything but good. Travis Henry isn't the running back everyone thought he would be. Could it be the Offensive Line or could it be something else? Sammy Morris is still sidelined with injury and Willis McGahee is slowly making his debut. But tonight, against the Redskins...Travis Henry runs for over 160 yards and 2 touchdowns. Do you believe this is a fluke or is this Henry's breakout game?

My thoughts:

The offensive line looked incredible tonight. They were opening holes that you could drive a truck through, and Henry looked determine to prove to the fans that he is still the guy for Buffalo. With Willis breathing down his neck, do you think he will continue? I do. I think if the Offensive Line can open up somewhat of a hole, Henry will gain alot of yards. The guy is a power runner and can break alot of tackles. I believe this isn't the last game Henry does well...

shelby
10-19-2003, 08:10 PM
We should all :kissa:....Henry had an outstanding game today. i think he knows the pressure is on, and he has something to prove to those who doubt him. He doesn't want to lose his job to McGahee, and i think the competition will benefit Travis and the Bills. i believe this was his breakout game. He may never be one of the elite RBs in the league, but he is good enough to get the job done.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-20-2003, 07:42 AM
I would like to ask where Travis has been all year. And don't give me no bad OL crap, he played with some fire in his belly yesterday and he hasn't all year.

LtBillsFan66
10-20-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
I would like to ask where Travis has been all year. And don't give me no bad OL crap, he played with some fire in his belly yesterday and he hasn't all year.

We finally stuck with a running gameplan.

Billzz
10-20-2003, 10:33 AM
Same thing with LT from San Diego. Seems like 2 teams realized there actual strong points on the same week.

ryjam282
10-20-2003, 10:43 AM
I agree, it was a breakout game both for Henry and Gilbride. He swallowed his pride and ran the ball and it worked out beautifully. Hope they both can keep it up.

Ryan

BillsNick
10-20-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by shelby
We should all :kissa:....Henry had an outstanding game today. i think he knows the pressure is on, and he has something to prove to those who doubt him. He doesn't want to lose his job to McGahee, and i think the competition will benefit Travis and the Bills. i believe this was his breakout game. He may never be one of the elite RBs in the league, but he is good enough to get the job done.

Don't you think he was an elite back last year?

5th in the league

Moulds80
10-20-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly

Gilbride would give up on the running game basically after the first drive if Henry or Burns didnt get a first down. He is a terrible offensive coordinator as is Williams a head coach. :drunks: :angry:

Brian Griese Rulz
10-20-2003, 11:53 AM
Henry played good yesterday. The O-Line opened up some good holes to run thru. If it was the McGahee back there and the O-line played the sameway they did, I think McGahee would have been over 200 yards.

Henry was thru the line a couple times with only a guy or 2 to beat. McGahee would have turned on the afterburns and took it to the house.

Henry is a good back. Only problems I had with him were his fumbling problems and no long runs. The fumbling seems to have gone away (Knock on wood), hopefully he can break a long TD run against the KC.