• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Inevitable officiating thread

I thought the game was fairly well-called. The officials were somewhat liberal with the holding calls, but they were calling it consistently for both teams.

They screwed up big in the Dolphins-Pats game, fortunately it didn't affect the outcome or I'd be flipping out right now.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

I was happy with the calls overall, but why did it seem every time Buffalo got within the 30 the yellow fabric would douse the field? Man it seemed like we were trying to give that game away in the first half.

Like you said though, both directions.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

sometimes I'd wish they'd hold the flags and let them play, but as long as it's consistent I won't complain too much.

I'm surprised there weren't more personal fouls- both teams did a lot of pushing after plays.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

I watched the coin flip in the pats game- I think the Pat's players were confused on what thew hesads and tails looked like.

Why doesn't the NFL just use a medallion with HEADS stamed in on one side, and TAILS stamped in on the other? Nothing more embarassing on TV than to have a messued up coin flip with a camera there

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

The other big gaff in the Pats/Dolphins game was the catch by Derrius Thompson in overtime. Thompson had stepped out of bounds before making the catch, then landed with his foot out of bounds when he made the catch.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ryguy8161
            BRING IT
            • Jul 2002

The only bad call I thought was made was what should have been a pass interference call on the sideline against I believe one of the Washington safties. Other than that...

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ryguy8161
              The only bad call I thought was made was what should have been a pass interference call on the sideline against I believe one of the Washington safties. Other than that...
              I saw that too- but I have TiVo so I went back and looked at it again- the Bills receiver tripped on his own and the safety never really touched him.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
              X