PDA

View Full Version : Drew still looked suspect

northernbillfan
10-20-2003, 03:42 AM
He seems to be settling down from the past couple of games, adn focusing a little better, but he doesn't quite have the confidence he needs to complete the job.

I think it helps not having Moulds inteh line up, because it allows Drew to look at more of the field. Campbell looked great today as did Reed and Shaw. Other receivers, besides Moulds can catch the ball adn I think Drew realized that today.

This win is a huge step in teh right direction.

The_Philster
10-20-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
Other receivers, besides Moulds can catch the ball adn I think Drew realized that today.

Hopefully that carries over next week.

nolimit
10-20-2003, 06:42 AM
That play fake was the shiznit!

justasportsfan
10-20-2003, 08:56 AM
It was nice to see Drew thread passes to Reed all day. Other than the INT he threw to places where only our wr could catch it. Reed needed to step up, this way Drew doen't just eyeball Moulds everytime he passes. This game should give him condience in Reed.

We have good depth. I like Coleman and Shaw, but w/o Moulds , we have no deep threat.

TedMock
10-20-2003, 09:01 AM
Drew completed 73% of his passes. I think he looked just fine yesterday. I hope he keeps it up. Also, the OL, WR's, TE's and RB's all collectively played well for the first time. Let's hope it continues.

Ingtar33
10-20-2003, 11:19 AM
I said this before the season started, if you think Drew is a good pocket QB, wait till you see him running the play fake... he is a FABULOUS play action passer, and it was good to the play fake back in our O.

HenryRules
10-20-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
Drew completed 73% of his passes. I think he looked just fine yesterday. I hope he keeps it up. Also, the OL, WR's, TE's and RB's all collectively played well for the first time. Let's hope it continues.

The OL played allright at times, but Reuben and Jonas took way too many penalties. It seemed as though every series one of them got a holding penalty.

The right-side did their job for once ... maybe the uproar from the media/fans was what it took for Pucillo to have a good game.

TedMock
10-20-2003, 02:44 PM
Ruben's penalties are killing me. Pucillo actually played really well but the Skins weakest position is DT so keep your fingers crossed but don't hold your breath. I really hope he pans out.

justasportsfan
10-20-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by TedMock
Ruben's penalties are killing me. Pucillo actually played really well but the Skins weakest position is DT so keep your fingers crossed but don't hold your breath. I really hope he pans out.

I didn't notice Pucillo. I did however see Price in there and the defender couldn't get past him.

TedMock
10-20-2003, 02:52 PM
Yeah, Price was in there on a few occasions and also did well. I think the OL in general had a good game. HenryRules is correct about the penalties though. That's one area that's still not fixed.

venis2k1
10-20-2003, 02:55 PM
I thought our O-line looked better without Mike Williams on it :(

Ð
10-20-2003, 02:57 PM
Pucillo did well on a couple of pulling plays, but if he had to stay home & block, they seemed to have their way with him still.