PDA

View Full Version : I GUARANTEE a victory OVER the Chiefs!

Pages : [1] 2

Tatonka
10-20-2003, 11:39 PM
I am telling you right now, the bills will go into Arrow Head Stadium on national television, and will in the game straight up. I suspect that the bills will be about 6 point underdogs, maybe a little more or less, but they will take this game straight up.

the odds should pay about 2.5 to 1.

that is 3 games in a row that they have been outgained on offense and gotten lucky and won. they are coming off of very tough game and emotional wins against the ravens and the packers. then a last second lucky ass victory over the lowly raiders and their back up qb. their defense looked good tonight because the raiders WRs are too old and slow to get open. that is the raiders whole problem this year.

the chiefs are frauds.

do not be scared, friends. We will win on sunday night.

if you think i am crazy, i will take any zonebuck bets for any amount.

:chuk:

Tatonka
10-20-2003, 11:42 PM
ps... once the odds come out, i will be placing a 3-400$ bet on the bills to win straight up, assuming that it will pay at least 2-1 or better.

that is how confident i am.

STAMPY
10-20-2003, 11:44 PM
i agree with you... we can beat them if we play like we did last week plus a lil better... the ravens had them and oaklanjd almost almost did too

Tatonka
10-20-2003, 11:46 PM
the bills will pound the ball and beat that soft defense to a pulp. the front office will take notice of what travis did this week. the offensive line will have more confidence. the defense will slow down priest enough, and green will make a costly mistake.

the bills will win this game.

venis2k1
10-20-2003, 11:55 PM
5-3 going into the bye sounds pretty good to me.

STAMPY
10-21-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by venis2k1
5-3 going into the bye sounds pretty good to me.

damn skippy... hippy:punchu:

BillsOverDolphins
10-21-2003, 06:38 AM
I'm also feeling unusually optimistic about this game..If they pound the rock with Henry 25-30 times, and Moulds comes back healthy, then I think we will win...Chiefs last 4 wins have not been dominant:
17-10 over Raiders...special teams did it again
40-34 over Packers...17 point comeback
24-23 over Broncos...Dante Hall to the rescue
17-10 over Ravens...Dante Hall to the rescue again

ublinkwescore
10-21-2003, 07:01 AM
Dante better not try that reverse to TKO's side - Dante will never play again if he does.

Thailog80
10-21-2003, 07:02 AM
Given our recent history in prime time games, our last two road outings, penalties with or without crowd noise and our history in KC. I'll take that bet. I'll put up 500 zoners !

ublinkwescore
10-21-2003, 07:03 AM
The Chiefs are long overdue for a loss - and we deserve to be the team to deal it to them.

I am still debating over whether or not to watch this game - if I watch it and we lose, I'm not watching anymore games this year - I didn't watch the Redskins game and we won - given how we were playing prior to that, I honestly didn't think we'd beat the Redskins.

SABURZFAN
10-21-2003, 07:16 AM
i hope you're right Tatonka.

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 07:18 AM
We will kick the ****ing **** out of the Chiefs. I'm with you Tatonka.

Luisito23
10-21-2003, 07:36 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tatonka
[B]

the chiefs are frauds.

I would'nt say they are frauds cause it takes alot of skills to still be undefeated after this far of the season, but it's 100% true that K.C. has had a whole lotta luck more than any team in the league and plus they had Hall win like three games 4 them, but that's all over now that everybody has figured out not 2 kick it his way, and if it would of been any decent team that played them last night they would of lost 4 sure, but I'm just glad they won so like that is gonna be much easier 2 kick their a**, and plus they only gettin 6 days rest.
5-3 is :monte: eeeexcellent going into the bye.
GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAM
10-21-2003, 08:50 AM
WE WILL WIN ON SUNDAY!!!

RedEyE
10-21-2003, 08:59 AM
Unlike a lot of you, one win over a struggling Skins team does not give me fortified confidence to take on the undefeated KC Cheifs @ Arrowhead. The Bills are still having difficulties executing on plays. Yes, it was enough to get them past the Redskins, but the team can't afford to make those same mistakes against the Cheifs. The Bills need to play the best game of the season Sunday night. A win is possible, but it's not going to come easy. I'd consider lowering those expectations just a bit.

Jsyn
10-21-2003, 09:01 AM
This thread reminds me of all those "bills are 2-0 and are going to the super bowl" threads.

The Natrix
10-21-2003, 09:14 AM
I'm picking the Bills in his one to. Chiefs did not impress me last night. I would be very confident if it was at the Ralph, but I still say Bills win.

Bills passing game should be able to pick apart th KC secondary. Chiefs front 7 is pretty good though but Henry still has to get the rock at least 25 times even if he gets shut down.

I think Holmes will be contained so it will be up to average Trent Green. By the way, do the chiefs even have WRs?

Chiefs are the most overrated team ever.

askabry
10-21-2003, 11:21 AM
however many zone points I have or whatever, you can assume as wagered against you.

Because straight up, we're not in the same league as KC. Not even close ... and while your logic seems to make sense, it would also make sense to say that they are due to just beat the snot out of someone.

And we've got the snot built up in our noses for them.

Ebenezer
10-21-2003, 11:30 AM
Man did everybody see the shocks on the bandwagon crumble with the weight of everybody jumping on?? We'll see how much this team has this weekend...right now though my money would be on KC.

BillsNick
10-21-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by askabry
however many zone points I have or whatever, you can assume as wagered against you.

Because straight up, we're not in the same league as KC. Not even close ... and while your logic seems to make sense, it would also make sense to say that they are due to just beat the snot out of someone.

And we've got the snot built up in our noses for them.

Actually we are in the same league as KC, the NFL.

We are NOT in the same division as them, however.

Anything can happen on sunday nite, but hopefully what happens, is us kickin the $h1t outa those busta a** foo's.

:bandwagon

vabillsfan
10-21-2003, 12:47 PM
Bandwagon, schmandwagon.

Look - here is why we can, should and will win:

1. KC is due for a loss. 7 straight and can't keep going forever. Why not us to beat 'em?
2. Bills will want to keep the momentum building going into the bye. Who cares if the 'Skins stink? We still did what we needed to and put together a complete effort
3. We're due to win one on a national stage and prove we belong
4. Might the Chiefs just be a bit over confident?
5. Might the Chiefs let down, knowing they have a bye week as well?
6. On any given Sunday..........

Have faith!

mackey789
10-21-2003, 12:50 PM
i said this yesterday to everyone i know. We are going to win, i havn't felt this confident all year

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 01:00 PM
1. KC is due for a loss. 7 straight and can't keep going forever. Why not us to beat 'em?

That's what opposing fans have been saying the last four weeks.

2. Bills will want to keep the momentum building going into the bye. Who cares if the 'Skins stink? We still did what we needed to and put together a complete effort

Bad argument. You started 2-0 and I am sure the Bills wanted to keep that momentum going in week 3, but it didn't happen. And that was at home.

3. We're due to win one on a national stage and prove we belong

Ok, good argument, but KC has a lot more to prove on national TV after turning in a dismal performance last night. And again, it's in our backyard.

4. Might the Chiefs just be a bit over confident?

Not in the least. Even IF the players felt that way (which they don't, because they all realize they turned in a bad game last night) Vermeil wouldn't allow them to get overconfident.

5. Might the Chiefs let down, knowing they have a bye week as well?

No way, no how. You think a team is going to coast when it has a national television home game the week before it gets a bye? If anything, they'll want to win so they can enjoy their success during the bye...

6. On any given Sunday..........

Works both ways. :D

justasportsfan
10-21-2003, 01:20 PM
If the both teams' O's play up to their potential, I like our D better over theirs.

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 01:25 PM
my opinion that the bills will win has nothing to do with being "due"....

the chiefs are frauds.. their passing offense is suspect. their passing defense is suspect. they can be run on. they can be passed on.

it basically comes down to this.

the bills will slow down priest enough to win the game.

that is all.

the chiefs are a soft 7-0 team. i would much rather face them than the vikings about now.

we will win..

Statman
10-21-2003, 01:41 PM
Statman says

that the Chiefs average 29.7 points per game to the Bills 19.7 and that the Bills are averaging only 16 ppg on the road and have only scored more than 7 on the road once vs Jacksonville.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
If the both teams' O's play up to their potential, I like our D better over theirs.

KC will be the best offense you've faced all year. And our passing game is not all that suspect, don't talk like we are the Ravens...we average well over 200 yards a game.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Statman
Statman says

that the Chiefs average 29.7 points per game to the Bills 19.7 and that the Bills are averaging only 16 ppg on the road and have only scored more than 7 on the road once vs Jacksonville.

This stat makes me feel very confident. :bf1:

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 02:00 PM
I am not going to argue stats with you.. you can make a stat say anything you want..

i am going to tell that i have seen the last 4 games by the chiefs.. and if not for some lucky "no calls" on dante halls TDs, the chiefs would have at least 2 losses.. and if the raiders had starting receivers that could run faster than most offensive lineman, you would have lost last night.

the chiefs are soft..

the chiefs will lose this week..

you wont be back after the game.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
I am not going to argue stats with you.. you can make a stat say anything you want..

i am going to tell that i have seen the last 4 games by the chiefs.. and if not for some lucky "no calls" on dante halls TDs, the chiefs would have at least 2 losses.. and if the raiders had starting receivers that could run faster than most offensive lineman, you would have lost last night.

the chiefs are soft..

the chiefs will lose this week..

you wont be back after the game.

Oh yes I will, I have a taste for crow. I haven't tasted any this year though..... :D

You talk about Dante Hall, but he didn't completely win those games with his punt return TDs.

Vs Baltimore our defense came up with two more stops after Dante's runback.

Vs Denver, same thing, two more stops in the final eight minutes.

Vs Pittsburgh, hell, there was a whole three and a half quarters left.

Vs Texans....it was just piling on.

Don't worry, I'll be here.

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by gochiefs
You talk about Dante Hall, but he didn't completely win those games with his punt return TDs.
Vs Baltimore our defense came up with two more stops after Dante's runback.

oooo.. your defense stopped baltimores SCARY offense 2 times in a row? impressive.. almost as much impressive as returning a kick for td when your team is appreantly got a free pass to block serveral people in the back..

Vs Denver, same thing, two more stops in the final eight minutes.

Vs Pittsburgh, hell, there was a whole three and a half quarters left.

Vs Texans....it was just piling on.

Denver kicked your tail on the ground.. dante hall, again, lucky td, with at least two BLATENT blocks in the back.. denver got jobbed.

pittsburger .. a solid 2-4 team that got owned by the browns..

houston.. nuff said.

look.. you can twist it however you want to.. your offense is all priest.. and just like miami, it is one dimensional.

your defense is NOTHING to be scared of.

you will lose.. i have not been more confident in a game all year... and my money is where my mouth is.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 02:23 PM
I didn't say stopping Baltimore's O was impressive...but you said that Dante Hall's return won the game, and that's simply not true. There was football to be played afterwards.

Now Denver's offense IS good, and we stopped them two times...they didn't "kick our tail" on the ground either, we held Portis in check on 22 of his 23 carries, he busted one for a long gainer, other than that, he was held in check the rest of the game....not a horrible job despite what the stats suggest.

You said Pitt and Houston are bad teams....I agree...I never said anything counter to that.

Our offense is all Priest? Go look up the stats...we are ranked 15th in the NFL in passing yards. Not great, but...THREE SPOTS BETTER THAN THE BILLS! So I guess Buffalo is one-dimensional too, by your argument? Or actually, I guess that would be zero-dimensional since you haven't exactly been stellar running the ball this year?

Did you miss Trent Green's 400 yard game two weeks ago?

And Bledsoe will be scared...when we are pounding him into the turf as he stands there waiting to be sacked holding the ball.

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 02:30 PM
that 400 yard game trent had was an abberation.. it wont happen again.. and it only happened because greenbay had some injuries..

trents numbers look real impressive.. have you had a wr go over 100 yards? how many times has trent passed for less than 200 yards?

keep kidding yourself.. your going to lose the game.. and your scared.. and if your not worried about losing, then your just foolish.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 02:37 PM
that 400 yard game trent had was an abberation.. it wont happen again.. and it only happened because greenbay had some injuries..

trents numbers look real impressive.. have you had a wr go over 100 yards? how many times has trent passed for less than 200 yards?

keep kidding yourself.. your going to lose the game.. and your scared.. and if your not worried about losing, then your just foolish.

I'm always worried about losing...

We've had a WR go over 100 this year, yes. Morton had 109 vs GB and he had 90+ in another game this year. Tony Gonzalez also had 104 against Green Bay.

You call it an aberration, but you fail to realize...Green passed for over 200 yards in three other games this year. We've had three bad games passing-wise...Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Denver.

But despite that we still won all three, scored four offensive touchdowns in one of those games, and tossed two long-range touchdown passes in another.....so we're not the Ravens, don't think that.

If Green is given time vs the Bills, we will throw it all over the place...given your lack of a pass rush, I like our chances.

Billzz
10-21-2003, 02:38 PM
Tatonka is a MAN POSSESED! I love it. Go give the friggin bills the motivational speach on Wed. and we are guranteed a win.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Billzz
Tatonka is a MAN POSSESED! I love it. Go give the friggin bills the motivational speach on Wed. and we are guranteed a win.

Yes but unlike Tatonka, they've watched the game film.

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 03:17 PM
We've had a WR go over 100 this year, yes. Morton had 109 vs GB and he had 90+ in another game this year. Tony Gonzalez also had 104 against Green Bay.

You call it an aberration, but you fail to realize...Green passed for over 200 yards in three other games this year. We've had three bad games passing-wise...Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Denver.

But despite that we still won all three, scored four offensive touchdowns in one of those games, and tossed two long-range touchdown passes in another.....so we're not the Ravens, don't think that.

you have had ONE wr go over 100yrds one time.. impressive.. go ahead and toss in the 90 yard game if it makes you feel better..

the special teams play is the reason you won 3 games.. if you didnt score on special teams, you would not have won.. period.. and for some reason, the nfl dediced to let you have all the free passes you need on the blocks in the back when the untouchable dante hall is returning a kick..

we have an idiot head coach, but we have a damn good punter.. he is not sending that ball to hall.

Yes but unlike Tatonka, they've watched the game film.

i have watched the game film too.. and it is you who seems to be blinded by this.. i still find it amusing that you want to toss your game last night against the raiders in there as good night by trent green..

here is a little article for you to read, while your watching your game film.. i found it amusing.. it was on the front page of espn nfl.

it is called "KC, an imprefect 7-0" :D

you should thank Buchanon for giving you the game last night..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1642897

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 03:22 PM
I must say that's a very good article!:)

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 03:23 PM
But nevertheless, 7-0. Lil Jealous?

The bottom line, Tonka, is that you can't say "oh well KC would not have won if Dante had not returned those kicks." In both the Denver and Baltimore games, there was a lot of time left, and every time when our offense has needed to get a score, it goes down and gets it....so why don't you quit whining about the "ifs" and start facing the facts...

And if you're going to talk smack about WRs and 100 yard games....how many 100 yard games has that midget Henry had this year, hmmm? How many touchdowns does he have?

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 03:24 PM
espn saw my thread and decided to investigate the frauds.. errr.. chiefs.

buffalo wins - 24 - 10

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 03:25 PM

The bottom line, Tonka, is that you can't say "oh well KC would not have won if Dante had not returned those kicks." In both the Denver and Baltimore games, there was a lot of time left, and every time when our offense has needed to get a score, it goes down and gets it....so why don't you quit whining about the "ifs" and start facing the facts...

And if you're going to talk smack about WRs and 100 yard games....how many 100 yard games has that midget Henry had this year, hmmm? How many touchdowns does he have?

This is his first 100 uard game but he got 167 yards and he was injured before. Also how many midgets can bench 465lbs.:woeisme:

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 03:28 PM

i am not crying about what ifs.. i am simply telling you why your boys will get their collective asses handed to them sunday night at home. the chiefs are 7-0.. congradulations.. you'll be 7-1 after next week and you will not win a game in the playoffs.. if you dont fold before that.

henry is right behind holmes in TDs.. 2nd in the nfl. why do you ask? probably because you didnt know the answer.. too busy "watching film"..

you'll have plenty to review after sunday nights game..

just dont say i didnt tell you so.

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 03:29 PM
sorry.. my spelling is horrible.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 03:30 PM
sorry.. my spelling is horrible.

As is your prediction.

RedEyE
10-21-2003, 03:32 PM
See, I guess I must be getting a different message from Clayton's article. The moral I received was Wait until the Cheifs are firing on all cylinders.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 03:33 PM
Exactly...imagine how scary we will be then.

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 03:34 PM
he is saying..

they are lucky as **** and they suck..

its ok.. the cream will rise to the top on sunday night..

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 03:36 PM
yeah.. kennison and morton are scary as hell.. boerickter (sp) too.. wow.. amazing group..

that is 21 chances between the 3 of them to get 100 yards..

they did it ONCE..

i am shaking in my boots, waiting for them to start playing well.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 03:36 PM
Jeez, one win over a pathetic Redskins team and you guys get REAL confident, don't you.

How 'bout that Jets game?

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 03:39 PM
yeah.. kennison and morton are scary as hell.. boerickter (sp) too.. wow.. amazing group..

they did it ONCE..

And yet we are 7-0....how in the world did we pull it off.

If you would wake up you'd realize we don't need a guy to break off 150 yards every week....because we actually run the ball and spread the ball around in the passing game.

I noticed you also forgot about Tony Gonzalez...best TE in the league....averaging an AMAZING 17.6 yards per catch...for a TIGHT END....

nolimit
10-21-2003, 03:40 PM
This Bills team has new life and a rejuvenated aura to them!

Be Afraid!

RedEyE
10-21-2003, 03:40 PM
Well the Bills aren't firing on all cylinders either. If both teams come out executing well , we could be in for one really good game.

Matchup wins:

QB: Bills
RB: Cheifs
WR: Bills
TE: Cheifs
OL: Cheifs

DL: Cheifs
LB: Bills
CB: Bills
S: Bills

ST: Cheifs

Coaching: Cheifs

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 03:42 PM
And yet we are 7-0....how in the world did we pull it off.

that is an easy answer..

smoke and mirrors, friend..

come sunday, it will be shown.

this is not about the bills beating the deadskins.. that is not where the confidence stems from.. this is about watching football.. and i have watched the chiefs games, and you are beatable.. and more than that.. your not even scary..

24-10 bills, in your house, on national television... you will see.

Skip Towne
10-21-2003, 03:48 PM
The Chiefs are an 8 point favorite. Someone isn't listening to Tonka's rants.

venis2k1
10-21-2003, 03:49 PM
8 Points!!! Time to make some money.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Skip Towne

Good to see you Skip. I am all alone over here...I've been holding down the fort, though. Most of these Appleheads have weak arguments at best.

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 03:53 PM
that is so perfect.. cant wait to see what the bills pay with a straight up victory.. didnt think it would be quite that high... and i think it will come down to at least 7 by weeks end... but the straight up odds should be around 4-1... 250$ bet will bring you home a grand.

venis2k1
10-21-2003, 03:56 PM
The key to beating the cheifs is easy, run the ball. They have a small(fast) but small defense. There Defensive line is among the lightest in the league, and their LBs make London look like a giant. If Mike williams and the rest our our offensive line show up to play, its gonna be a long day for the Cheifs

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 04:00 PM
The key to beating the cheifs is easy, run the ball. They have a small(fast) but small defense. There Defensive line is among the lightest in the league, and their LBs make London look like a giant. If Mike williams and the rest our our offensive line show up to play, its gonna be a long day for the Cheifs

i really wouldnt say they are all that fast.. they are not an elite defense by any means.. buffalo's defense is better.

24-10 buffalo.. in kc, under the lights.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 04:06 PM

Oh dear, you really showed your ass on this one.

Small defensive line?

Holliday- 290
Browning - 293
Sims - 315
Hicks - 280

Plenty of beef, and both our backup DTs are over 300 lbs too

Linebackers?

London is smaller than ALL of our linebackers...London is about 225 soaking wet.

Shawn Barber - 6'2 237
Mike 'Slowski - 6'1 243
Scott Fujita- 6'4 247

Nothing small about those linebackers. Not the biggest, but certainly not as small as Midget Fletcher.

Not to mention SS Greg Wesley runs 6'2 220 or so and Jerome Woods is a good 6'1 200 lbs

Our defense is NOT undersized.

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 04:08 PM

Oh dear, you really showed your ass on this one.

Small defensive line?

Holliday- 290
Browning - 293
Sims - 315
Hicks - 280

Plenty of beef, and both our backup DTs are over 300 lbs too

Linebackers?

London is smaller than ALL of our linebackers...London is about 225 soaking wet.

Shawn Barber - 6'2 237
Mike 'Slowski - 6'1 243
Scott Fujita- 6'4 247

Nothing small about those linebackers. Not the biggest, but certainly not as small as Midget Fletcher.

Not to mention SS Greg Wesley runs 6'2 220 or so and Jerome Woods is a good 6'1 200 lbs

Our defense is NOT undersized.

Add another 20 lbs. to London Fletcher!!!!!!

Jsyn
10-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Where do you come up with these stats? smallish linebackers? I want the bills to win, but come on.

From fox sports:

Chiefs LB:

Mazlowski
6ft 1 243

Shawn Barber
6ft 2 245

Fujita
6ft 5 247

Bills
Fletcher
5ft 10 245

Posey
6ft 4 241

Spikes
6ft2 242

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 04:10 PM
Didn't realize Fletcher was that big....he is still a midget though....5"10 my ASS, BTW....that guy is about 5"8 3/8.

HAMMER
10-21-2003, 04:19 PM
Buffalos Defense is ranked third in the league. Take the defense and the points. After last week I feel confident that you will see one of the better games of the year this Sunday night. GO BILLS!

Bills 31
Chefs 24

RedEyE
10-21-2003, 04:19 PM
My Dad can beat up your Dad. I'm done with this thread. :rolleyes:

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER
Buffalos Defense is ranked third in the league. Take the defense and the points. After last week I feel confident that you will see one of the better games of the year this Sunday night. GO BILLS!

Bills 31
Chefs 24

The Bills put up a Green Bay like performance on us in our own house????

Not likely....this ain't the D from last year....

venis2k1
10-21-2003, 04:34 PM
Holliday- 290
Browning - 293
Sims - 315
Hicks - 280

That is a small D-line, especially at DT, our Dts are about 330 and 335 respectivly.

and take a look at our offensive line.

Jennings- 6-3 325
Reuben- 6-3 300
Teague- 6-5 300
Pucillo- 6-4 311
Big Mike- 6-6 370

stuckincincy
10-21-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Skip Towne

Is it really 8 pts? 8 points is a classic sucker line. I wouldn't drop a penny on that. Remember the 8 pt line CIN vs BUF? Easy way for the books to pick local emotional cash. :shades:

venis2k1
10-21-2003, 04:46 PM
Kansas City is 24th against the run, giving up 127.4 YPG, rushing on them is the way to win.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 05:10 PM
Holliday- 290
Browning - 293
Sims - 315
Hicks - 280

That is a small D-line, especially at DT, our Dts are about 330 and 335 respectivly.

and take a look at our offensive line.

Jennings- 6-3 325
Reuben- 6-3 300
Teague- 6-5 300
Pucillo- 6-4 311
Big Mike- 6-6 370

Pat Williams weighs in at 317 according to NFL.com
Adams is HUGE at 335 lbs...in fact he is little more than a big fat slob at this point in his career...no stamina to last the game.

Your DEs are smaller than ours.

And our offensive line is about the same as yours, apart from the RT position. Most NFL OL's outweigh the defensive lines they go up against.

Willie Roaf is going to destroy Aaron Schobel and his 262 lbs. However, Vonnie at 290 can hold his own against most LTs....

Our defensive line is not small. You want a small D-Line, go look at Denvers. I think their biggest guy is Pryce and he is 295 or so. Gardener isn't playing.

THATHURMANATOR
10-21-2003, 05:21 PM
Dude I can't believe I am going to argue about guys weights but Williams is gotta be 345 at Least and Adams is about 360.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 05:26 PM
Not according to NFL.com....

They may LOOK bigger...but remember, muscle weighs more than fat, and Sam Adams is a few rolls away from Gilbert Brown.

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 05:38 PM
:blah:

The_Philster
10-21-2003, 05:39 PM
No offense, Tatonka...but I'm waiting for Halbert's guarantee

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 05:53 PM
look.. i am throwing myself out there.. and i will take the heat if i am wrong.. but i have not been more confident about a game in a long time... i know what i have seen.. from the bills and from our upcoming opponent..

i will take my beating like a man if i am wrong.. but i wont be.. this game isnt even gonna be as close as the score will suggest at 24-10..

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 05:53 PM
i am even getting PMs from other bills fans telling me i am nuts.. :rofl:

The_Philster
10-21-2003, 06:00 PM
look.. i am throwing myself out there.. and i will take the heat if i am wrong.. but i have not been more confident about a game in a long time... i know what i have seen.. from the bills and from our upcoming opponent..

i will take my beating like a man if i am wrong.. but i wont be.. this game isnt even gonna be as close as the score will suggest at 24-10..

I hope you're right...just that Halbert has such a proven track record. If we pull this off and come through on a few more guarantees, we'll anticipate your guarantees as much as Halbert's

THATHURMANATOR
10-21-2003, 06:04 PM
Not according to NFL.com....

They may LOOK bigger...but remember, muscle weighs more than fat, and Sam Adams is a few rolls away from Gilbert Brown.

I wouldn't go with the weights on NFL.com. A few years back they were listing Ted Washington at 335 pounds when it was rumored that he was more like 380.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 06:10 PM
Well then he's even MORE out of shape. The Chiefs mobile offensive line will push around fat, out of shape, slow defensive lineman.

You'll see it in the fourth quarter when they are huffing and puffing and Priest is running over them again, just like last year. Our offensive lineman are just the right size though...they don't get tired out that easily. They still had great push in the fourth quarters against Denver and Green Bay when we needed a pass rush.

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 06:16 PM
give me a break with the weights already.. christ..

gc.. your gonna lose.. 24-10..

let it soak in a while.. you'll get used to it.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 06:27 PM
7-0 is soaked in reeeeeeeal good.

I'd love to read some of your predictions prior to the 30-3 loss to the JETS. :snicker2:

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 06:35 PM
i have not made a prediction prior to this.. not to the public.

GC.. look.. i dont want this to turn into a battle of words.. your team is a VERY impressive 7-0.. no matter how you got that record.. it is very impressive..

your a good fan.. and you have been more than polite.. and your analysis on the thread you started is dead on.

I think the key to this game is all about the Bills running game. If they run the ball well they will win unless our offense has another Green Bay-like performance. If the Bills can't run the Chiefs will win almost assuredly.

i am telling you, that the undefeated streak will end this weekend, because we will be able to run the ball, and you wont be able to.

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 06:39 PM
i have not made a prediction prior to this.. not to the public.

GC.. look.. i dont want this to turn into a battle of words.. your team is a VERY impressive 7-0.. no matter how you got that record.. it is very impressive..

your a good fan.. and you have been more than polite.. and your analysis on the thread you started is dead on.

i am telling you, that the undefeated streak will end this weekend, because we will be able to run the ball, and you wont be able to.

Preach on brother Tatonka. I hear you an di see a Buffalo Bills victory this weekend as well!!!:)

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 06:48 PM

And you're basing this on your past abysmal failures in these departments in prior road games?

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 06:52 PM
no, i am basing this on the chiefs.. and their inability to throw the ball, or play defense, especially against the run. i am also basing this on buffalo's ability to play defense.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 07:09 PM
no, i am basing this on the chiefs.. and their inability to throw the ball, or play defense, especially against the run. i am also basing this on buffalo's ability to play defense.

Our inability to throw the ball? You act as if we are the Ravens.

Our inability to play defense? We've allowed about the same number of points as you. We have a better pass rush and force more turnovers. Our run D is skewed by one bad game vs Ahman Green and one long run by Clinton Portis.

Buffalo's defense?

Jets 30 Buffalo 3

Both of our defenses have had one bad game, essentially. They're closer than you'd care to admit. But it's the truth. And they are a HUGE reason why we are 7-0.

Billzz
10-21-2003, 07:31 PM
Unfortunatly for you we have 7 games of film to watch with your performance. You as a team have no idea which Buffalo Bills is going to show up which is actually to our advantage. You might get the 3-0 bills or the 1-3 bills, hell they don't even know yet.

Going off of gut feeling and knowing how emotions can swing and seeing your overall fans opinons I hope your team does not have the same. Your looking past to the bye week while we glide into town under the radar. (Not you personally just glancing over your BB.)

I have to side with Tatonka in saying it will be a punishing game but if Drew can command this offense and control the ball(NO STUPID PICKS) like the Miami game we win barring injuries.

Kevin needs to lasso Drew into NOT the deep ball and throwing high percentage passes taking advantage of your obvious game plan to blitz. 3 step drops and get rid of the ball will not only stump your D but also open up alot of running lanes while your D line gets either A. Pancaked or B. Uses there speed to run stunts while our beef pushes em up field passed the delayed run.

I just hope for a good well played game with no stupid mental breakdowns or GW thinking we need trick plays to keep up with a possible high scoring game. Stay within the physical game plan and don't let drew call audibles for Moulds deep which = death.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 07:35 PM
We have a ton of film on the bills as well....so that's not really an advantage. What is scary for YOU is WHO WILL SHOW UP? The 7-0 Chiefs....or the.....7-0 Chiefs! :D

Our obvious blitzing gameplan?

You have no idea what you're talking about. The Chiefs rarely blitz. Robinson picks his spots with the blitz well, one of the few good things he does. Usually we get adequate pressure with just the front four.

We won't blitz much...but when we do Bledstatue better watch out....

I hope you guys dont throw deep either....Favre killed us doing that....lol....

Billzz
10-21-2003, 07:43 PM
Usually being the key with your 4 man pressure. The O line can pass block but has been lacking in the run blocking this year. Your gonna need more then 4 since we usually have a back or 2 even on passing downs going max protect. Our recievers are good enough to get open giving DB a target. Sam Gash is brutual blocking incase you didn't know.

You don't get pressure on Drew your gonna get picked apart. They line up 3 recievers plus the TE it's open season on your secondary. All this is assuming Moulds will be up for the game, which I am sure even hurt he will play unless he's gonna be totally useless. Even without they have finally stepped up to the plate last game with Drew hitting 7 different recievers.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 07:49 PM
YOUR team is the one that can't get any pressure on the QB. Ours has been fine in that department.

YOU should be the ones worrying about getting picked apart like a pack of pickled peckers.

If you leave in blockers that gives you fewer targets...it works both ways....

Also, your receivers scare no one, outside Moulds....this ain't last years defense, we can cover this year.

Billzz
10-21-2003, 07:53 PM
Jury's out on the coverage part.

Everyone seems to forget about Shaw who has stepped up this year, Shaw 29recepts 365yards 12.6ypc 2td's. He's the third reciever FYI.

Morton 21recepts 353yards 16.8ypc 3td's. Nice #1 reciever lol.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 07:56 PM
We don't have a true #1. We spread the ball around to everyone. You've also put it up a lot more than us...

We proved we can air it out if needed at Green Bay...we haven't needed to do it all the time.

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 07:57 PM
We don't have a true #1. We spread the ball around to everyone. You've also put it up a lot more than us...

We proved we can air it out if needed at Green Bay...we haven't needed to do it all the time.

Your right you won't be able to do it against us as well!!:church:

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 08:00 PM
Probably won't need too...there isn't the call to throw for 400 or even 300 each game. We seek balance. We'll let Priest run for 100 or so and Green throw for 200 or so, take the W, and be no worse for it.

Stats mean shiat. Wins and losses mean everything. For all your gaudy stats you are teetering on the brink of playing yourselves out of the playoff race.

Billzz
10-21-2003, 08:01 PM
I guess your missed my post where I said Drew hit 7 different recievers the last game. The teams are a little better matched then your first thought I think. Our problem is running HOT and COLD on numerous occasions this year. Half the team shows up to play while the other is fairly lethargic at best.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 08:12 PM
Half the team shows up to play while the other is fairly lethargic at best.

Right, and usually you don't show up on the road, unless you're playing the Jaguars. That's what I'm counting on.

Turf
10-21-2003, 08:17 PM
With all due respect, you're dreaming Tatonka. This offense can't execute at home, let alone in deafening crwid noise on the road.
I will bet all my zone bucks against all your zone bucks the Bills lose.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 08:20 PM
Finally some realistic Bills fans....

Lil harsh though....I think you guys have a chance to win.

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
With all due respect, you're dreaming Tatonka. This offense can't execute at home, let alone in deafening crwid noise on the road.
I will bet all my zone bucks against all your zone bucks the Bills lose.

I say your wrong we've only lost 1 home game and not only that I take Tatonkas knowledge over yours!:):horn:

Billzz
10-21-2003, 08:22 PM
Which is why they need to run more, which gives them a better chance to win.

It actually plays into the hands of the offense when they have 8 running plays on their first drive.(ok so that's a bit much) but you get my point.

It's a stadium not a friggin dungeon. Lets not get totally crazy about this whole arrowhead stadium deal. Maybe it will make the line actually wait for the snap instead of backfiring, I can dream can't I:)

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 08:29 PM
Nope, because this will be the loudest game of your season. The first primetime night game at Arrowhead in a long *****ing time....and the fans have something to cheer about for once.

Make no mistake, this will be the most hostile environment you will compete in all season...if you come out with a win, you can consider yourself battle tested.

Billzz
10-21-2003, 08:33 PM
Defense goes out first and hopefully gets the ball rolling our way from the first drive. They can't scream the whole game when they don't have anything to yell about:)

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 08:38 PM
Nah, they get loud no matter what the first time the opposition takes the field...they know it's their job...the 12th man has BROUGHT IT every time this season, they are in top form compared to recent seasons.

On a related note, I hope we kickoff, I'm tired of winning the damn coin flip in EVERY GAME...the Chiefs have won EVERY FRIGGIN COIN FLIP, including the OT Coin flip vs GB.

I want to kickoff and get the crowd into the game early....

Turf
10-21-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

I say your wrong we've only lost 1 home game and not only that I take Tatonkas knowledge over yours!:):horn:

Well Spaz, I'm second in the pickem pool here. Picked the Bills Jaquars game to the tee, and said last Monday that the Bills would beat Washington by 20. Sorry I was off by three.
Bills will implode in KC next Sunday night, and we'll all be calling for Williams head again.

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 08:43 PM

Well Spaz, I'm second in the pickem pool here. Picked the Bills Jaquars game to the tee, and said last Monday that the Bills would beat Washington by 20. Sorry I was off by three.
Bills will implode in KC next Sunday night, and we'll all be calling for Williams head again.

Wrong!:nana: :rofl: :)

Turf
10-21-2003, 08:43 PM
I'll bet you 1771 zone bucks Spaz :)

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 08:44 PM
Spaz is either Marv Levy or the biggest Bills homer ever.

Levy is one of my fave HC of all time BTW...great head coach.

"Where else would ya rather be than right here, right now!"

Billzz
10-21-2003, 08:44 PM
I hope your wrong Travis but would also like to know why you feel so negative about this game besides the obvious records.

Do we not match up well? Where is our weakness that is going to kill us besides just not showing up emotionally for the game?

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 08:45 PM
I'll bet you 1771 zone bucks Spaz :)

Straight up win I'll take it!:mex: :chief:

Turf
10-21-2003, 08:49 PM

OK you're on, and you all saw it :chief:

Turf
10-21-2003, 08:53 PM
I hope your wrong Travis but would also like to know why you feel so negative about this game besides the obvious records.

Do we not match up well? Where is our weakness that is going to kill us besides just not showing up emotionally for the game?

I hope I'm wrong too. But the Bills even with Kelly played bad in KC. It's loud, they'll be pumped. The OL will commit motion penalties. Moulds isn't 100 %. We can't stop the run. And Gilbride will always fall back to being GIlbride. And our O-line is poorly coached.
Remember Monday night games in Pittsburgh? KC is a close second.
I'm not saying we can't win, but if there was a money bet of us not going 5-3 in KC, this is it. 4-4 at the bye week.
If the Bills pull off this win, then they will raise some serious eyebrows.

Billzz
10-21-2003, 08:57 PM
Kelly ran the K-Gun though which requires alot of audibles so I can see that. I am not sold on the guranteed victory but I feel they will still be able to pull out the upset even in a very VERY harrassing enviroment.

We are not the same team of past, I like the transformation we are currently turning into. I just hopes it's not cause Moulds was out.

Turf
10-21-2003, 09:03 PM
My sense is that the cohesiveness of this team is not at the point to handle this type of adversity.
Of course I blame the coaching. Sabres and Bills both have weak coaching.

Billzz
10-21-2003, 09:10 PM
Can't argue with that. I would like to think they are made of a little tougher material but ofcourse history speaks bounds considering there tremendous slide into the *****ter after the Miami loss.

I still see them being able to put atleast one more game together before the bye which will hopefully give them time to pull together. The D dosen't worry me, it's the O. I think Drew needs to go hang with his WR's and play a little street ball to get insync during the bye.

helmetguy
10-21-2003, 11:22 PM
and we'll all be calling for Williams head again.

What do you mean "again?" I still AM calling for GW's head!

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 07:55 AM
the bills pickem pool was JJ - 1st, Wys 2nd, and me 3rd.. and i went 2-1 last week..

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 07:56 AM
and travis.. i will bet you zone bucks...

and if you want me to take the bills straight up.. i want the odds..

so to take the bills straight up 1/2.5.. so you have 28k.. i will bet you 10k.. if i win.. i get 25k.. if you win, you get my 10k.

Halbert
10-22-2003, 08:07 AM
We know the world has gone topsy turvy when fans wait to hear from the great sports prognosticator Halbert the Geek. lol.

OK, so I'm 5-2 on Bills predictions this season, with two homeruns on what could be called guaranteed wins (NE & Wash - but I didn't exactly guarantee the Skins win, just very confident). My next guarantee is that eventually I'll slip back into my normal pattern of being completely wrong and watch my stardom flame out like a Rob Johnson ProBowl run. But for now I'll fradulently bask in the adulation. Ahhhhh.

I agree with Tatonka that the Chiefs are overrated and have been getting some Patriot-like breaks in a couple games to stay undefeated. And I agree that KC is ripe for a "correction" in their irrationally exuberant football market.

However, the fans there seem to take every home night game as a personal challenge to be the loudest game ever. Unable to hear the signals, the opposing offense loses most of its advantage of knowing the snap count and has to execute almost perfectly to move the ball. Not only that, they have to do it early and make sure they take the lead to make at least some of the fans sit on their hands, or else they’ll face an ever more frenzied crowd who will do nothing but ratchet up the noise every time the Bills offense takes the field. The margin for error is extremely small.

I’m confident the defense will play very well, as they did in a hostile Miami environment. But quite frankly, I don't think the Bills offense is ready to play that flawlessly. This entire season they haven’t been able to stop making big mistakes even in much quieter surroundings, I don't see how they suddenly become rock tight in such a difficult setting as Arrowhead at night in a nationally televised game.

So with a sad heart the Geek sees a strong defensive effort against an offensive powerhouse, but the Bills who hold the ball quickly regress back toward their South Florida form, allowing KC to squeak out another one 17-13. Take the points but don’t play the straight bet.

Turf
10-22-2003, 08:20 AM
and travis.. i will bet you zone bucks...

and if you want me to take the bills straight up.. i want the odds..

so to take the bills straight up 1/2.5.. so you have 28k.. i will bet you 10k.. if i win.. i get 25k.. if you win, you get my 10k.

I can't give you 2.5 to 1, it wouldn't be fair to Spaz.

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 08:23 AM
spaz didnt ask for the odds.. not my fault that he didnt want them.

that is the bet in vegas..

either you want to give me the spread or you want a straight up bet + odds..

your choice..

Turf
10-22-2003, 08:24 AM

OK, I'll tell you what Tatonka.

I'll give you 2-1 odds for 12,000 zonebucks.

Spaz, you can back out of the bet if you want.

Edited - Which means if you win you 24,000 and I get 12,000.

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Halbert
We know the world has gone topsy turvy when fans wait to hear from the great sports prognosticator Halbert the Geek. lol.

OK, so I'm 5-2 on Bills predictions this season, with two homeruns on what could be called guaranteed wins (NE & Wash - but I didn't exactly guarantee the Skins win, just very confident). My next guarantee is that eventually I'll slip back into my normal pattern of being completely wrong and watch my stardom flame out like a Rob Johnson ProBowl run. But for now I'll fradulently bask in the adulation. Ahhhhh.

I agree with Tatonka that the Chiefs are overrated and have been getting some Patriot-like breaks in a couple games to stay undefeated. And I agree that KC is ripe for a "correction" in their irrationally exuberant football market.

However, the fans there seem to take every home night game as a personal challenge to be the loudest game ever. Unable to hear the signals, the opposing offense loses most of its advantage of knowing the snap count and has to execute almost perfectly to move the ball. Not only that, they have to do it early and make sure they take the lead to make at least some of the fans sit on their hands, or else they’ll face an ever more frenzied crowd who will do nothing but ratchet up the noise every time the Bills offense takes the field. The margin for error is extremely small.

I’m confident the defense will play very well, as they did in a hostile Miami environment. But quite frankly, I don't think the Bills offense is ready to play that flawlessly. This entire season they haven’t been able to stop making big mistakes even in much quieter surroundings, I don't see how they suddenly become rock tight in such a difficult setting as Arrowhead at night in a nationally televised game.

So with a sad heart the Geek sees a strong defensive effort against an offensive powerhouse, but the Bills who hold the ball quickly regress back toward their South Florida form, allowing KC to squeak out another one 17-13. Take the points but don’t play the straight bet.

shame to see your not on the wagon with me, hal..

as far as the offense.. i think that will be T.Henry.. he will break 200 total yards this game. they will rely on him heavily, and he will come through in a big way.. you think there is any correlation to the the fact that WM started practicing, and TH busts out with 170 yards on the ground? i do.. i think henry is going to finish the season strong. last game is the blue print for how we should have played all season long.

the snap count is not gonna be a factor, as we are going to ram the ball down their throat on 1.. pretty sure we can handle ON ONE from the qb.. by the third quarter, the crowd wont be quite as loud.. and travis will be well on his way to a player of the week 2x in a row.

you gotta believe hal.. gotta believe.

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 08:38 AM

i'll bite.. your on.

if bills win i get 24k, if the cheifs win, you get my 12k..

i bet you will never be so happy to give away 24k in zbs, Travis :D

justasportsfan
10-22-2003, 08:49 AM
No one in the Chief's organization scares me.

GW and Gilbride do scare me though :shakeno:

Turf
10-22-2003, 09:14 AM

i bet you will never be so happy to give away 24k in zbs, Travis :D

If I have to give 24000 away to secure a Bills win, I'll gladly do it :gobills:

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 09:31 AM
If I have to give 24000 away to secure a Bills win, I'll gladly do it :gobills:

consider it done.

you will see.. all of you..

all ye of little faith..

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
No one in the Chief's organization scares me.

http://www.chiefsclub.org/images/holmes.jpg

Turf
10-22-2003, 12:59 PM
I feel like I should slit the palm of my hand and shake with you or something............:shake:

OK, you're on.

Drewpac
10-22-2003, 03:16 PM
I think we're gonna get killed in this game for all of the reasons that Halbert mentioned. I have a really bad feeling that Bledsoe is going to have one of his brainfreeze games. I think he'll throw at least 3 picks and one of them will be taken to the house. Gilbride will revert to his 1 run for every 4 passes game plan and we will be out of it by halftime. I'm gonna go with Chiefs 34 Bills 10.

Billzz
10-22-2003, 03:30 PM
Hope your wrong Drewpac but anything is possible. We all know when it goes bad it tends to lean on the disaster side like a category 4 hurricane.

justasportsfan
10-22-2003, 03:38 PM

http://www.chiefsclub.org/images/holmes.jpg

Pfff! John Holmes ? :rolleyes:

Billzz
10-22-2003, 03:40 PM
He's no John Holmes. You ever see the size of Priests hands? Well endowed he's not!

WG
10-22-2003, 04:05 PM

they did it ONCE..

I have no idea where this thread has gone in the meantime, but the Bills are fine at stopping the deep stuff. It's the exact type of passing game that the Chiefs have that has eaten us alive in most losses. Just look what Cincy did with no-name TEs and short passes.

The KC O plays into our D weaknesses almost perfectly. Holmes will easily get his 100+ and the short, high-percentage Chief passing game will have it's way w/ our D.

I appreciate the optimism, but it needs to be tempered w/ a dose of reality.

38-13, over by the mid-3rd!

KC is overrated, but the Bills are not good. Once again, being outgunned on both lines due to disparities in talent there will prove to be our undoing. To suggest that KC is gonna try and beat us w/ their deep game is amiss. Throw in some crowd noise, etc., and it's not gonna be pretty.

Once we go down, the KC LBs are gonna be a nightmare for Drew.

WG
10-22-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Drewpac
I think we're gonna get killed in this game for all of the reasons that Halbert mentioned. I have a really bad feeling that Bledsoe is going to have one of his brainfreeze games. I think he'll throw at least 3 picks and one of them will be taken to the house. Gilbride will revert to his 1 run for every 4 passes game plan and we will be out of it by halftime. I'm gonna go with Chiefs 34 Bills 10.

Exactly pac!

38-13 I have it.

WG
10-22-2003, 04:07 PM
Didn't realize Fletcher was that big....he is still a midget though....5"10 my ASS, BTW....that guy is about 5"8 3/8.

Who cares?

Fletcher is next to useless in coverage and that's where he's gonna have to excel if we are to have a shot on Sunday.

As usual, Posey and Spikes are gonna have to make up for trees Denney and Adams and that'll leave the middle wide open as usual except the difference this week is that it'll be players used to operating in that area ala the Rams PS game that will tear us up once they get over our front 6!

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 04:10 PM
zip it.

:mad:

gochiefsmother
10-22-2003, 04:14 PM
I am telling you right now, the bills will go into Arrow Head Stadium on national television, and will in the game straight up. I suspect that the bills will be about 6 point underdogs, maybe a little more or less, but they will take this game straight up.

that is 3 games in a row that they have been outgained on offense and gotten lucky and won. they are coming off of very tough game and emotional wins against the ravens and the packers. then a last second lucky ass victory over the lowly raiders and their back up qb. their defense looked good tonight because the raiders WRs are too old and slow to get open. that is the raiders whole problem this year.

the chiefs are frauds.

Frauds? Really? You're really that sure you are going to march right into Arrowhead and knock off the "fraud" Chiefs?:gnight:

I see it as a great game that could go either way. Our O has been off the mark for a couple of weeks and it needs to get back on track if we are going to win. I have a lot of respect for the bills organization and to be honest, your O scares the hell out of me.

What you may want to consider is the Chiefs are 7-0 and a damn good football team. If you thik you are in for a cupcake game at Arrowhead......think again.

WG
10-22-2003, 04:25 PM
BTW gcm,

Your Chiefs are overrated! You just aren't going to lose to us this week and may even go 14-2 but it'll be b/c your schedule has to be the easiest in the league.

Of your 16 games, it appears that perhaps 2 of your opponents, Denver and Minnesota have a realistic shot at 10-6 + and the playoffs.

How overrated your Chiefs are will have to wait TBD in the playoffs.

ENDelt260
10-22-2003, 04:31 PM
However, the fans there seem to take every home night game as a personal challenge to be the loudest game ever.

Drop the word 'night'.

gochiefsmother
10-22-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
BTW gcm,

Your Chiefs are overrated! You just aren't going to lose to us this week and may even go 14-2 but it'll be b/c your schedule has to be the easiest in the league.

Of your 16 games, it appears that perhaps 2 of your opponents, Denver and Minnesota have a realistic shot at 10-6 + and the playoffs.

How overrated your Chiefs are will have to wait TBD in the playoffs.

Which teams do you see (regarding power ranking) ahead of the Chiefs? And do you also "guarantee a victory" at Arrowhead?

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 04:51 PM
I don't think we're as good as our record indicates, but I do think the Chiefs are one of the top five teams in the league.

Few teams could have come back from 17 down against the Packers.

And we did beat the Broncos.

I DON'T think we could win a playoff game on the road, that is why home field is so important. Thankfully the Chiefs have a very good shot at it. I dare say it is almost a lock.

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by gochiefsmother
Frauds? Really? You're really that sure you are going to march right into Arrowhead and knock off the "fraud" Chiefs?:gnight:

I see it as a great game that could go either way. Our O has been off the mark for a couple of weeks and it needs to get back on track if we are going to win. I have a lot of respect for the bills organization and to be honest, your O scares the hell out of me.

What you may want to consider is the Chiefs are 7-0 and a damn good football team. If you thik you are in for a cupcake game at Arrowhead......think again.

it wont be easy.. but we will beat you. 24-10

arrowheadchief
10-22-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins
I'm also feeling unusually optimistic about this game..If they pound the rock with Henry 25-30 times, and Moulds comes back healthy, then I think we will win...Chiefs last 4 wins have not been dominant:
Man how can you do that to the Chiefs. What are you going to say when you lose from neither luck, Dante Hall, or anything. What will you say when the Chiefs take control of the game and win?

gochiefsmother
10-22-2003, 07:50 PM

it wont be easy.. but we will beat you. 24-10

You are going to hold the Chiefs to 10 points in their own house. LMAO! I can see you hanging 24 on our D, but holding us to 10 points? :boozer: :lol:

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 08:54 PM

An ugly game but if you watched it you saw our defense dominate for three and a half quarters.

Damn impressive, don't you think? We accomplished something no other NFL team has ever done in that game. Our D also had to step up to MAKE that comeback possible.

DEFENSE to the rescue as well. We had to stop the Broncos twice after that punt return....there was over eight minutes left on the clock.

The defense also had to stop the Ravens twice after the kick return in this game.

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 10:01 PM

An ugly game but if you watched it you saw our defense dominate for three and a half quarters.

Damn impressive, don't you think? We accomplished something no other NFL team has ever done in that game. Our D also had to step up to MAKE that comeback possible.

DEFENSE to the rescue as well. We had to stop the Broncos twice after that punt return....there was over eight minutes left on the clock.

The defense also had to stop the Ravens twice after the kick return in this game.

raiders.. ps.. they suck.. horrible.. old, slow, and out of sinc.. what does that show us? nothing.. and you barely won

packers.. they are whipping you.. go into prevent mode.. lose some players to injury.. good solid win regardless.

broncos.. a game that you never should have won in the first place.. the 2 blocks in the back were so blatent.. you got a gift game, similar to NE against oakland in the playoffs.. portis gets 145 yards on the ground. (i am sure you will take away his big run, because that was a fluke right?)

ravens.. horrible offense.. that you couldnt outscore.. dante and his block in the back buddies to the rescue.

you can talk all you want.

your losing on sunday night.

extremechief
10-22-2003, 10:14 PM

broncos.. a game that you never should have won in the first place.. the 2 blocks in the back were so blatent.. you got a gift game, similar to NE against oakland in the playoffs.. portis gets 145 yards on the ground. (i am sure you will take away his big run, because that was a fluke right?)

ravens.. horrible offense.. that you couldnt outscore.. dante and his block in the back buddies to the rescue.

you can talk all you want.

your losing on sunday night.

if a running back rips off a 65 yarder it's a great play, but if a kick returner gets a TD its luck???

if it was just luck maybe your bills will go ahead and kick to him...

I will say this, I'll give you props for your confidence... misguided or not :)

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 10:15 PM
Chiefs Defense: Rush (24th); Pass (25th); overall (27th)

Bills Defense: Rush (16th); Pass (3rd); overall (3rd)

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by extremechief
if a running back rips off a 65 yarder it's a great play, but if a kick returner gets a TD its luck???

if it was just luck maybe your bills will go ahead and kick to him...

I will say this, I'll give you props for your confidence... misguided or not :)

your kick returns are luck because the blocks in the back were absolutely blatent and obvious.. enough so that the nfl has said.. OOPS.. yeah.. we missed those.. they are lucky because they never should have happened..

portis ripped a long one because your run defense sucks.

gochiefsmother
10-22-2003, 10:25 PM

your kick returns are luck because the blocks in the back were absolutely blatent and obvious.. enough so that the nfl has said.. OOPS.. yeah.. we missed those.. they are lucky because they never should have happened..

Well, if it's all luck, I'm sure your coach will have the nads to kick to Hall. We shall see.

extremechief
10-22-2003, 10:33 PM

I won't argue about a clipping call that was never called... what's the point???

Our run D hasn't played great as of late... we'll see how Henry does... hell, he can run for 200 yards for all I care. Scoreboard is all that matters. Let the rest of the NFL say the Chiefs are lucky. Maybe other teams will start to believe it and underestimate them.

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 10:35 PM
while our coach is an idiot, and the team wins despite him, i would hope that he doesnt punt to the guy. we have a great punter, one of the best in the league, and there really is no reason to punt to him.

while probably 3 of the 4 hall tds are total BS.. i am also not blind to the fact that he is an incredible kick returner. he has incredible speed, and more so than that, he can stop and go on a dime.. probably the only other person that i have seen that has the cuts and moves that even come close to hall, is clinton portis.

so punting to hall is not about balls.. it is about being smart... and the fact that the refs would rather watch hall sprint down the field than watch all the blocks in the back just makes it even more of a reason not to punt to the runt.

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 10:37 PM
I won't argue about a clipping call that was never called... what's the point???

Our run D hasn't played great as of late... we'll see how Henry does... hell, he can run for 200 yards for all I care. Scoreboard is all that matters. Let the rest of the NFL say the Chiefs are lucky. Maybe other teams will start to believe it and underestimate them.

the rest of the nfl will see that your record is made of smoke and mirrors on sunday night.

straight up loss to a 6 point dog in your house on prime time tv.. that oughta do the trick.

Halbert
10-22-2003, 10:40 PM
OK, so I'm 5-2 on Bills predictions this season, with two homeruns on what could be called guaranteed wins (NE & Wash).
I just realized I forgot the Miami call, so I really had 3 homeruns.

I am so damn full of myself right now. lol.

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 10:42 PM
I just realized I forgot the Miami call, so I really had 3 homeruns.

I am so damn full of myself right now. lol.

shame you blew it this week.

extremechief
10-22-2003, 10:46 PM

the rest of the nfl will see that your record is made of smoke and mirrors on sunday night.

straight up loss to a 6 point dog in your house on prime time tv.. that oughta do the trick.

And a win at home against Buffalo will prove what... we beat a team that lost by 27 to the Jets???? :snicker2:

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 10:50 PM
And a win at home against Buffalo will prove what... we beat a team that lost by 27 to the Jets???? :snicker2:

yeah.. that was an ebarrasing game.. sucks to lose to a division foe in their house... easy to make excuses like the major injuries on offense and defense.. but we got whipped.. and we responded by dominating a good offense.. and playing well on offense ourselves, against a decent defense (without moulds)...

the fact that henry ran as well as he did after mcgahee started practicing is no fluke either.. you will see on sunday night..

you wont be back to the boards.. i know that.

gochiefsmother
10-22-2003, 10:53 PM

While I have a great deal of respect for the Bills, I see the teams as about even. Home field is going to play a huge roll in this game. The 12th man is going ot give the Chiefs all the edge they need to win the game and provide you with some crow to eat.

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 10:56 PM
While I have a great deal of respect for the Bills, I see the teams as about even. Home field is going to play a huge roll in this game. The 12th man is going ot give the Chiefs all the edge they need to win the game and provide you with some crow to eat.

the crowd will be out of it quickly.

i know it must be impossible to for you to phathom your 7-0 team being beat down in your own house..

it will be a lot easier on sunday night at about 12am.. when you watch the highlights on sportcenter..

extremechief
10-22-2003, 10:56 PM

you wont be back to the boards.. i know that.

If by that you mean I won't come get my crow it KC loses, you're mistaken. I'll be here.

Seriously though, as I said in another post, good luck, I hope there are no injuries... I think it will be a good game. We just tend to disagree... (what fun would it be if we didn't???)

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 11:01 PM
If by that you mean I won't come get my crow it KC loses, you're mistaken. I'll be here.

Seriously though, as I said in another post, good luck, I hope there are no injuries... I think it will be a good game. We just tend to disagree... (what fun would it be if we didn't???)

i hear you bud. you can bet i will take my whipping if i am wrong.. especially after throwing myself out there like this..

i will be totally honest with you though.. this is one of those times.. and you can ask the guys on this board, i am not one to run around screaming the bills will win this week every week... but this is one of those times where something inside me is just telling me this is the game.. this is the one that we will remember all season..

i fell like the priest on "Carnival".. if you get that reference.

gochiefsmother
10-22-2003, 11:03 PM

the crowd will be out of it quickly.

i know it must be impossible to for you to phathom your 7-0 team being beat down in your own house..

it will be a lot easier on sunday night at about 12am.. when you watch the highlights on sportcenter..

LMAO: You are in for a hard lesson. It should be a great game though.

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 11:05 PM
LMAO: You are in for a hard lesson. It should be a great game though.

yeah.. i think the hard lesson seems to be trying to convince a chiefs fan that they are not unbeatable just cause they are playing at home.

24-10 bills.

extremechief
10-22-2003, 11:11 PM

yeah.. i think the hard lesson seems to be trying to convince a chiefs fan that they are not unbeatable just cause they are playing at home.

24-10 bills.

about as hard as convincing anyone that the Chiefs are more than just lucky...

come on damnit... hop on!!!!! :bandwagon :)

gochiefsmother
10-22-2003, 11:15 PM

24-10 bills.

Holding the Chiefs to 10 points at Arrowhead? :D

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 11:15 PM
about as hard as convincing anyone that the Chiefs are more than just lucky...

come on damnit... hop on!!!!! :bandwagon :)

it is tough to convince people of something that is just not true..

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 11:16 PM
Chiefs Defense: Rush (24th); Pass (25th); overall (27th)

Bills Defense: Rush (16th); Pass (3rd); overall (3rd)

Stats That Are Meaningless: Above

Stats That Have Meaning: Below

Chiefs Points Per Game Allowed: 17.9, 12th

Bills Points Per Game Allowed: 15.7, 2nd

Chiefs Turnover Margin: 11, 2nd

Bills Turnover Margin: -2, 20th

Chiefs Third Down Conversion Rate Allowed: 33 %, 7th

Bills Third Down Conversion Rate Allowed: 36.8, 18th

Chiefs Sacks Recorded: 18, 6th

Bills Sacks Recorded: 13, 15th

Chiefs Points Per Game: 29.7, 3rd

Bills Points Per Game: 19.7, 15th

Chiefs Sacks Allowed: 10, 10th

Bills Sacks Allowed: 20, 29th

Chiefs Wins: 7
Chiefs Losses: 0

Bills Wins: 4
Bills Losses: 3

Chiefs Home Record: 3-0
Bills Road Record: 1-2

Any Questions?

extremechief
10-22-2003, 11:17 PM

it is tough to convince people of something that is just not true..

dude, you need to add smileys... people might think you are being serious...

MDFINFAN
10-22-2003, 11:19 PM
Now this thread is like the Billszone I know, welcome back, thanks Tatonka.

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 11:26 PM
Stats That Are Meaningless: Above

Stats That Have Meaning: Below

Chiefs Points Per Game Allowed: 17.9, 12th

Bills Points Per Game Allowed: 15.7, 2nd

Chiefs Turnover Margin: 11, 2nd

Bills Turnover Margin: -2, 20th

Chiefs Third Down Conversion Rate Allowed: 33 %, 7th

Bills Third Down Conversion Rate Allowed: 36.8, 18th

Chiefs Sacks Recorded: 18, 6th

Bills Sacks Recorded: 13, 15th

Chiefs Points Per Game: 29.7, 3rd

Bills Points Per Game: 19.7, 15th

Chiefs Sacks Allowed: 10, 10th

Bills Sacks Allowed: 20, 29th

Chiefs Wins: 7
Chiefs Losses: 0

Bills Wins: 4
Bills Losses: 3

Chiefs Home Record: 3-0
Bills Road Record: 1-2

Any Questions?

yeah.. why did you waste your time posting all that..

it is not gonna make a difference when your girls get their asses handed to them on national tv.

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 11:26 PM
More Stats:

Drew Bledsoe's Career Record at Arrowhead: 0-3

Drew Bledsoe's Career QB Rating at Arrowhead: 74.9

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Now this thread is like the Billszone I know, welcome back, thanks Tatonka.

:bravo:

i guess no one got my "carnival" reference about the priest.

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 11:28 PM
More Stats:

Drew Bledsoe's Career Record at Arrowhead: 0-3

Drew Bledsoe's Career QB Rating at Arrowhead: 74.9

your defense sucks.. your offense is average..

your getting beat down man.. just let it go and come back next week.. for your healthy serving of my avatar.

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 11:31 PM

yeah.. why did you waste your time posting all that..

it is not gonna make a difference when your girls get their asses handed to them on national tv.

DUDE...you posted meaningless stats...and you're getting on me for posting stats that have MEANING?

You will see why those stats have meaning when Bledsoe is getting sacked and throwing interceptions because you can't protect him, and when Green is sitting back with all day to throw.

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 11:33 PM

your getting beat down man.. just let it go and come back next week.. for your healthy serving of my avatar.

Our defense is allowing, on the average, two points more per game than yours. We also get to the quarterback more and force more turnovers, AND we stop teams on third down better than your supposedly awesome defense.

You really need to wake up.

gochiefsmother
10-23-2003, 12:06 AM

Then how will you explain it if you lose to a "beat down D with an average offense. BTW: I'm ready for some tailgating? :priest: Time for a little of this by the time the game is over.

http://www.arrowheadsteaks.com/

KCWolfman
10-23-2003, 01:15 AM

the chiefs are frauds.

Actually we are 6.5 favorites, but there is no moneyline currently available.

Of all non-division teams on our schedule this season, you guys scare me most. I don't know if we are getting the tiger or the tail. One week you are Superman, the next you are Dudley Do-Right (no insult intended).

I do know that we have never been 7-0 in our franchise history and I desperately want to be 8-0 going into our bye week. Traditionally, we are horrible coming off the bye and we need to keep our home wins big.

Anyway, good luck to you. I hope Henry has one miserable game (at least until the playoffs).

Oh, and that welcome message when you sign on is a real nice addition. Good job on your board and I welcome you to visit ours as well - www.chiefsplanet.com

Tatonka
10-23-2003, 09:46 AM
Then how will you explain it if you lose to a "beat down D with an average offense. BTW: I'm ready for some tailgating? :priest: Time for a little of this by the time the game is over.

well obviously vegas thinks that your a better team.. we are supposed to lose this game.. even half (probably more) the fans here think the bills are gonna lose..

if the bills lose, then i will feel like i do after every bills loss.. disguisted.. but it isnt happening.

your wake up call is only a few more days away.

Skip Towne
10-23-2003, 12:30 PM
Jim Feist's betting line opened with the Chiefs -6 1/2. As of an hour ago it is -8.

Tatonka
10-23-2003, 02:40 PM
still 6.5 at usa today, which lists the line for 5 major books. 6.5 at all of them.

ENDelt260
10-23-2003, 03:44 PM
i fell like the priest on "Carnival".. if you get that reference.

Sheesh, I'm not so sure that's such a good thing for you. What's analgous to the ministry getting burned down and him wandering aimlessly through the countryside for your situation?

Tatonka
10-23-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by ENDelt260
Sheesh, I'm not so sure that's such a good thing for you. What's analgous to the ministry getting burned down and him wandering aimlessly through the countryside for your situation?

i was talking about hearing a voice from god.. apparently you didnt get a reference.. it was a joke.. :rolleyes:

Tatonka
10-23-2003, 04:54 PM
this is courtesy of footballguys.com. it is the passing and rushing matchups.

Buffalo's Passing Attack vs. The Kansas City Defense (Good Matchup)

Drew Bledsoe found his rhythm again vs. Washington (19/26 for 244 yards, 1 TD and 1 Int.), while Josh Reed finally looked like a viable replacement for Peerless Price with 11 targets for 8/109/1 (and he did it without Eric Moulds across from him, even more impressively). Seven other players caught balls, but none of them went over 40 yards receiving. You can't really call Bledsoe "hot", as he has put up only 62/101 for 657 yards, 2 TD's and 2 interceptions in the last 3 games, but it's fair to say he's now headed in the right direction - and Moulds is supposed to be back this weekend.

Kansas City smothered Rich Gannon before knocking him out of the game (10/19 for 58 yards, 0 TD's and 1 Int.), but bent in the face of Marques Tuiasosopo (16/28 for 224 yards, 0 TD's and 1 Int.), barely preserving their 17-10 victory at the final gun. In week 6, Brett Favre carved them up for 25/36 for 272 yards, 2 TD's and 1 interception - but the Chiefs managed to pull out the game in OT. This season, their pass defense is in the bottom third of the league, averaging 232.4 yards per game allowed (8 passing scores). Dexter McCleon was the 9th best IDP DB last week, with 4 solo tackles, 1 assist, 1 interception and 1 pass defensed.

Moulds is listed as questionable with his groin injury. Kansas City lists CB Dexter McCleon as questionable with a thigh injury, and S Jerome Woods as probable despite a sore shoulder.

Arrowhead Stadium expects a high of 53F and a low of 34F with a 10% chance of precipitation on Sunday - if the wind kicks up, balls will have a tendency to go off target in the gusty confines of this stadium.

K.C. has a pretty soft secondary, while the Bills are starting to get their game back in this phase. Advantage, Buffalo.

Tatonka
10-23-2003, 04:55 PM
Kansas City's Passing Attack vs. The Buffalo Defense (Tough Matchup)

Trent Green went back to his pedestrian numbers last week, with 11/22 for 206 yards, 0 TD's and 1 interception vs. the Oakland Raiders - of course, the Raiders have the worst rush defense in the league, so his modest numbers in the passing game came as no surprise. Tony Gonzalez led the way with 5 targets and 3 receptions for 87 yards; Holmes was second on the team with 6 targets for 5 receptions and 59 yards. Neither starting WR was a factor in the game - Kennison had 1/43/0, Morton 2/19/0.

Buffalo is limiting yardage in this phase: week 7 vs. Washington they gave up 10/29 for 119 yards, 1 TD and 0 interceptions, while week 6 Vinny Testaverde threw for 11/17 and only 130 yards, but 3 TD's with 0 interceptions. The Bills rank 3rd in the league with 153.1 passing yards per game allowed, and have surrendered 6 passing scores so far in 2003. Their excellent duo of CB's, Antoine Winfield and Nate Clements - along with SS Lawyer Milloy and FS Izell Reese - have been getting the job done all year long.

KC lists Marc Boerigter (toe) and Johnnie Morton (ankle) as probable to play. Buffalo is healthy in this phase.

Arrowhead Stadium expects a high of 53F and a low of 34F with a 10% chance of precipitation on Sunday - if the wind kicks up, balls will have a tendency to go off target in the gusty confines of this stadium.

Green and company face a stiff challenge when the Bills arrive in town - this is a tough matchup.

Tatonka
10-23-2003, 04:56 PM
Buffalo's Travis Henry vs. The Kansas City Defense (Great Matchup)

Travis Henry blew up week 7 vs. Washington with 31/167/2 rushing (39/196/2 as a team). Do you think the ballyhoo surrounding Willis McGahee's return to practice served to motivate him? Anyway, Henry has been a good-to-great fantasy start in his last 3 games, with 74/305/3 rushing and 10/62/1 receiving during that span (2nd in FP per week among all RB's). His 4.1 ypc average over that 3 week span is 1 yard per carry better than the team's average for the 2003 season - sounds like the OL is starting to do their job run-blocking again.

The run D was decent vs. Oakland on Monday night (25/100/1) this past week, but awful 2 weeks ago vs. Green Bay (35/183/2). This season, the Chiefs rank as the 24th rushing D in the league, allowing 127.4 yards per game and 5 TD's so far this season. The linebacking corps enjoyed an awesome IDP evening on Monday night, with Scott Fujita ranking #1 among all fantasy LB (11 solo tackles, 1 assist, 1 sack) and Shawn Barber at #2 (8 solo tackles, 1 assist, 2 sacks and 1 forced fumble).

Buffalo is still waiting for backup RB Sammy Morris to recover from hernia surgery (questionable) and T Mike Williams has a sore neck (probable). KC lists LB Fred Jones (foot) and DE R-Kal Truluck (ankle) as questionable, while LBs Shawn Barber (knee) and Kawika Mitchell (hamstring) and DT John Browning (shoulder) are all probable to play.

Arrowhead Stadium expects a high of 53F and a low of 34F with a 10% chance of precipitation on Sunday - it should be fine weather for running backs to pound the ball.

Henry is playing at the top of his game right now, and the Chiefs are mediocre to poor in this phase (depending on the week). A big edge goes to the visitors in this game.

Tatonka
10-23-2003, 04:58 PM
Kansas City's Priest Holmes vs. The Buffalo Defense (Good Matchup)

Priest Holmes just keeps rolling along, with 27/123/1 rushing and 4/50/0 receiving vs. Oakland - he's a fantasy points machine again. Over the last 3 weeks, Holmes has 66/301/2 rushing and 14/123 receiving -- #6 among all fantasy backs during that period. The team averages 4.4 yards per carry this year, thanks to their excellent OL. He's a must start, every week (as if you didn't know that).

Buffalo has been tough to score on recently - in week 7 vs. Washington they allowed only 22/56/0; while in week 6 vs. the NY Jets they bent for 33/118 but 0 scores. This year, the Bills are the 16th ranked rush D allowing an average of 111.9 yards per game and 5 rushing scores. Lately, they are playing better than that season average indicates.

Both teams enjoy good health coming into this game. Holmes is listed as probable to play through his sore shoulder, while Derrick Blaylock has a sore hamstring (probable). DT Ron Edwards is the lone Bill on the report from this squad (shoulder, doubtful).

Arrowhead Stadium expects a high of 53F and a low of 34F with a 10% chance of precipitation on Sunday - it should be fine weather for running backs to pound the ball.

Holmes is one of the best backs in the business, while Buffalo is improving but still mediocre. Advantage, KC.

gochiefs
10-23-2003, 05:06 PM
Your rushing offense isn't as good as it looked vs. the Redskins....I love how the so-called "experts" are ready to say that Henry will steamroll us after he has one good game.

If Henry doesn't break a long one, I think we will shut him down and hold him under 80 yards. The only team that ran the ball consistently against us this season was Green Bay.

Tatonka
10-23-2003, 05:08 PM
henry never breaks long ones..

but i am sure you know that, since you watch so much buffalo football

:rolleyes:

WG
10-23-2003, 05:16 PM
Your rushing offense isn't as good as it looked vs. the Redskins....I love how the so-called "experts" are ready to say that Henry will steamroll us after he has one good game.

If Henry doesn't break a long one, I think we will shut him down and hold him under 80 yards. The only team that ran the ball consistently against us this season was Green Bay. Agreed go!

We had trouble running the ball up the middle. Most or our runs were around the ends. Let's face it, the Skins have no DL. They rotate a bunch of stiffs around. 2nd and 3rd stringers alike. Henry will likely have an OK game, but i don't see him having a great one. In fact, if we cannot prevent you from scoring, Gilbride will grin ear-to-ear as he prepares to pass 95% of the time. A 6-point deficit in the first Q ought to do it. :D

Tatonka
10-23-2003, 05:18 PM
Agreed go!

We had trouble running the ball up the middle. Most or our runs were around the ends. Let's face it, the Skins have no DL. They rotate a bunch of stiffs around. 2nd and 3rd stringers alike. Henry will likely have an OK game, but i don't see him having a great one. In fact, if we cannot prevent you from scoring, Gilbride will grin ear-to-ear as he prepares to pass 95% of the time. A 6-point deficit in the first Q ought to do it. :D

why dont you get out your chiefs sweatshirt for the game.

Tatonka
10-23-2003, 05:21 PM
Agreed go!

http://www.bangedup.com/archives/bunnyweufwuegfyg2zas.jpg

gochiefs
10-23-2003, 05:32 PM
henry never breaks long ones..

but i am sure you know that, since you watch so much buffalo football

I don't, but it appears that the longest run Henry has had this season is 27 yards. He doesn't have the speed of a Clinton Portis so I don't see him breaking a long run to get him over 100 yards, which is what Portis did.

Tatonka
10-23-2003, 05:34 PM
he wont need any long ones to get over 100.. promise.

Tatonka
10-23-2003, 05:46 PM
I don't, but it appears that the longest run Henry has had this season is 27 yards. He doesn't have the speed of a Clinton Portis so I don't see him breaking a long run to get him over 100 yards, which is what Portis did.

Agreed go!

ps.. washingtons rush defense is 4 spots better than KCs.. even after henry torched them.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-RUSHING/2003/regular?sort_col_1=7

Tatonka
10-23-2003, 06:02 PM
kansas city gives up 4.8 yards per carry, which is only better than cleveland and chicago.. very nice ... ps.. washington only gives up 4.1

they also give up more yards (kc) per game, 127, than washington, 117.

in case your wondering.. buffalo gives up 3.9 and 111 a game..

tell me what is so good about that "fierce" defense?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-RUSHING/2003/regular?sort_col_1=6&_1:col_1=6&_1:col_2=7

Tatonka
10-23-2003, 06:06 PM
kc.. 27th ranked defense.. you must be proud.. giving up a WHOPPING 360 yards a game.. woohoo.. impressive

buffalo.. 3rd ranked defense.. giving up almost ONE HUNDRED YARDS LESS a game at 265..

yeah.. kcs defense is rules! :rolleyes:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2003/regular

Tatonka
10-23-2003, 06:10 PM
buffalo has given up 1072 yards passing..

kc you ask? oh.. 1627 yards passing..

SIX HUNDRED YARD DIFFERENCE? rofl

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-PASSING/2003/regular?&_1:col_1=7&_1:col_2=6

WG
10-23-2003, 06:10 PM
So then, how does a team giving up nearly a hundred yards less give up an average of 10 more points?

Again, until they determine the winner by tallying up the yardage...

CHIEF4EVER
10-23-2003, 06:12 PM
kansas city gives up 4.8 yards per carry, which is only better than cleveland and chicago.. very nice ... ps.. washington only gives up 4.1

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-RUSHING/2003/regular?sort_col_1=6&_1:col_1=6&_1:col_2=7

You'll find out Sunday. BTW, you DO realize what the plains indians used to hunt don't you? :D

ENDelt260
10-23-2003, 06:13 PM

i was talking about hearing a voice from god.. apparently you didnt get a reference.. it was a joke.. :rolleyes:

Um, I think from my post it was obvious I DID catch the reference. Unless, of course, you stopped watching.

CHIEF4EVER
10-23-2003, 06:16 PM
So then, how does a team giving up nearly a hundred yards less give up an average of 10 more points?

EXACTLY. Is that a Dolphin fan in your sig by the way? :D

Tatonka
10-24-2003, 07:32 AM

you want the simple answer? Luck.

they have been lucky as hell up to this point..

it will blow up in their face...

we all saw how well the "bend but dont break" defense did.. we saw it in four superbowls..

Skip Towne
10-24-2003, 08:35 AM
Yep, the team with the most yards wins. Scoreboard, sucker!

CHIEF4EVER
10-24-2003, 09:25 AM

we all saw how well the "bend but dont break" defense did.. we saw it in four superbowls..

You DO realize don't you that Greg Robinson won 2 SB rings with a bend but don't break defense supported by a good offense?

Tatonka
10-24-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by CHIEF4EVER
You DO realize don't you that Greg Robinson won 2 SB rings with a bend but don't break defense supported by a good offense?

not with the team your fielding now.. that is all that matter...

Skip Towne
10-24-2003, 04:59 PM
The Chiefs have KO'd two QB's so far (Plummer and Gannon)And Favre loked like he'd been hit by a train. You better get some rollerskates for the immobile Drew. Travis Henry on the road: 44 carries for 86 yds. 1.96 ypc. AWESOME. Bwhahahahahahahahahaha!

gochiefs
10-24-2003, 05:17 PM
Bledsoe is good for at least four sacks this Sunday night...mark it down.

helmetguy
10-24-2003, 05:27 PM
KC Defense APA = 17.86
Buffalo Defense APA = 15.71

Who were you talking to Wys? And whre did the stat come from?

KCWolfman
10-24-2003, 08:25 PM

Luck occurs once in a blue moon, or it is no longer luck

Luck doesn't occur over 7 games straight.

Tatonka
10-24-2003, 09:34 PM
thank god it is the weekend and it is just a few days away from the injured bills coming in and owning your asses in front of the national crowd..

then all these damn kc fans will go away.. and maybe some of our typical negative fans will ZIP IT as well.

gochiefs
10-24-2003, 09:49 PM
Tonka I know it is hard for you to accept reality but your team has played like ***** on the road this season. What makes you think this weekend is going to result in a turnaround?

Also I thought you might find this interesting, since you are so hung up on yardage rankings.

Buffalo has faced:

#14 offense (Jacksonville Jaguars)
#17 offense (Washington Redskins)
#21 offense (Miami Dolphins)
#22 offense (New England Patriots)
#24 offense (Cincinnati Bengals)
#27 offense (New York Jets)
#32 offense (Philadelphia Eagles)

The Chiefs have faced:

#5 offense (Green Bay Packers)
#10 offense (Houston Texans)
#12 offense (Denver Broncos)
#15 offense (San Diego Chargers)
#18 offense (Pittsburgh Steelers)
#20 offense (Baltimore Ravens)
#23 offense (Oakland )

So, we've faced 4 teams ranked 15 or higher while the Bills have faced 1 team ranked 15 or higher. You tell me who's defense is better...

Tatonka
10-24-2003, 09:57 PM
you win.. your team is ****ing awesome.. cant be beat.. we stand no chance.. god.. why do they even play the game.. they should just go ahead and head into the bye week now.. because they have lost before the game even started..

go home.. see you on sunday.

gochiefs
10-24-2003, 10:01 PM
Dude...it was just a question. You haven't provided any facts that support your claim that Buffalo is going to win by two touchdowns....I just want to see why you think so.

KCWolfman
10-24-2003, 10:18 PM
you win.. your team is ****ing awesome.. cant be beat.. we stand no chance.. god.. why do they even play the game.. they should just go ahead and head into the bye week now.. because they have lost before the game even started..

go home.. see you on sunday.

Well, it is easy to see who the sensitive ones on this board are.

Actually, I, unlike GC, don't see it to be an easy game. But I think you are just as silly to believe that it will be a rollover for your team as well.

And I really like this board. The creators and moderators have completed a real work of art that others could and should model. If we lose, I will be back to take my lumps on Monday or Tuesday. If we win, then I will probably stay away awhile longer as I don't want to be considered a fly by night troll who just came to rub it in. But I will definitely be back. Your board has a great cross section of fans and a wonderfully constructed background to play on.

Dozerdog
10-24-2003, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the Kind words, KC!

And GoChiefs- I hope our Defense had a huge part in making those team's offenses rank so poorly.

gochiefs
10-24-2003, 10:25 PM
My post was more intended for Tonka than anyone else, since he thinks yardage rankings are the be-all and end-all to indicators of how good a team is.

For the record I think the Bills have a fine defense and it is a couple notches above KC's.

KCWolfman
10-24-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Thanks for the Kind words, KC!

And GoChiefs- I hope our Defense had a huge part in making those team's offenses rank so poorly.

Ah, the "big dog" in the yard.

No thanks, necessary. You have earned every word.

RINGLEADER111
10-24-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER

Bills 31
Chefs 24

Yeah, but your defense hasn't faced anyone on offense. The best offensive team you've played were the Jags (#14), followed by the Redskins (#17), and everyone else is in the bottom third.

RINGLEADER111
10-24-2003, 11:07 PM

At home KC gives up 4.6 yards per carry. If you take away one run by Clinton Portis our rush defense goes down to 3.6 yards per carry. KC gave up that run, but it was on a busted play that will happen maybe one or two times a year. Point is that most of the time KC plays defense against the run at home pretty good.

Our rush defense numbers may also be skewed by the fact that we've faced four of the top ten runners in the NFL in LaDainian Tomlinson, Jamal Lewis, Clinton Portis and Ahman Green. I don't think Travis Henry is in the same league and certainly not when playing on the road where he averages less than 2.0 yards a carry.

Before you tell me that I can't massage stats by taking away the one big run we've given up this year I'll be glad to refer you to hundreds of posts on this board that criticize KC's record based on one Dante Hall return, one Jerome Woods interception, and one Trent Green pass. :chuckle:

RINGLEADER111
10-24-2003, 11:09 PM
GoChiefs...quit lifting my posts from Chiefsplanet... :chuckle:

Skip Towne
10-24-2003, 11:19 PM
thank god it is the weekend and it is just a few days away from the injured bills coming in and owning your asses in front of the national crowd..

then all these damn kc fans will go away.. and maybe some of our typical negative fans will ZIP IT as well. Is reality starting to crowd out your delusions, Tonka? It's OK, one can dream. You guys have a very nice board over here and I've really enjoyed coming over here to torment you. I must say that the Bills fans that have come to our board are the best behaved and classiest of all the previous 7. You guys are OK.

Halbert
10-25-2003, 09:24 AM
Five straight days of partisan fan bickering. That's got to be a new record.

KCWolfman
10-25-2003, 10:19 AM
Halbert - Out of curiosity, why a yellow buffalo for your secondary avatar? Is it because it stands out so well on a gray background? I would have thought that blue or red would have been more appropriate.

Halbert
10-25-2003, 12:10 PM
It's supposed to be gold, representing first place in a BZ FF league from last year.

KCWolfman
10-25-2003, 12:11 PM
It's supposed to be gold, representing first place in a BZ FF league from last year.

Mea culpa.

That makes sense. Congratulations.

Tatonka
10-26-2003, 12:53 AM
22 hours from right now.. i am gonna have a big damn grin on my face.

:biggrin:

24-10 buffalo

gochiefs
10-26-2003, 01:26 AM
Yeah, and about 22 hours from now, I'M going to have a big damn grin on my face. Know why? The Chiefs will just have finished up beating the wings off your Buffaloes, and I'll be ready to log back onto here and serve you up a gigantic heaping of steaming, barbecued Crow.

24-10 my ASS.

27-17, Chiefs.

Tatonka
10-26-2003, 09:32 AM
see.. now yours wasnt nearly as good..

i say..

24-10 buffalo

and you repeated the same thing..

Yeah, and about 22 hours from now, I'M going to have a big damn grin on my face. Know why? The Chiefs will just have finished up beating the wings off your Buffaloes, and I'll be ready to log back onto here and serve you up a gigantic heaping of steaming, barbecued Crow.

24-10 my ASS.

27-17, Chiefs.

that is like saying.. your momma's ass is so fat, it needs its own zip code.. and you responding with NO, YOUR momma's ass is so fat...

you get the picture.

:D

KCWolfman
10-26-2003, 09:42 AM
see.. now yours wasnt nearly as good..

i say..

and you repeated the same thing..

that is like saying.. your momma's ass is so fat, it needs its own zip code.. and you responding with NO, YOUR momma's ass is so fat...

you get the picture.

:D

So what you are saying is he should have said something like:

That won't be a grin, it will be a grimace of pain as you realize you are going to have to re-read every single smack post you made and realize how foolish they truly were.

Kinda like that?

Tatonka
10-26-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by KCWolfman
So what you are saying is he should have said something like:

That won't be a grin, it will be a grimace of pain as you realize you are going to have to re-read every single smack post you made and realize how foolish they truly were.

Kinda like that?

exactly!

Skip Towne
10-26-2003, 09:13 PM
How do you like your crow, Tatonka, bar-be-qued?

extremechief
10-26-2003, 09:55 PM
ahem...

Expansion Blues
10-26-2003, 10:07 PM
This thread is hilarious. How much did you bet?

extremechief
10-26-2003, 10:17 PM
dooo beee dooo be dooooo.....

ultimatefinfan
10-26-2003, 10:22 PM
theres 5 mins left in the game, can i still place a bet?

:lol:

Halbert
10-26-2003, 10:22 PM
Four points a minute and the Bills could still pull it out.

Welcome to CrazyWorld.

gochiefsmother
10-26-2003, 10:39 PM

24-10 buffalo

Hows that grin looking Tatonka?

gochiefs
10-26-2003, 11:11 PM
Tonka is clearly delusional...I hope this game was a good jolt back to reality for him.

Dannyboy
10-26-2003, 11:15 PM
I hope no one took you up on the bet. Geez.

Tatonka
10-26-2003, 11:21 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&postid=390091#post390091

see this thread for all remaining comments.

Turf
10-27-2003, 11:57 AM

C'mon Spaz, pay up, stop trying welch on the bet. You agreed in front of everyone, and never asked to get out of it.

dolfan
10-27-2003, 01:48 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:iluvu: chiefs :iluvu: man , what a beating thats the worst i've seen the bills i love it ,ahahahahahahahahahahahaha 38 - 5 what a whipping .

Turf
10-27-2003, 03:51 PM

Still waiting for you to honor your bet Spaz!!!!!

lordofgun
10-27-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by dolfan
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:iluvu: chiefs :iluvu: man , what a beating thats the worst i've seen the bills i love it ,ahahahahahahahahahahahaha 38 - 5 what a whipping .

You sound like a bigger ****** than Gregg Williams. And that's hard to do.

The Spaz
10-27-2003, 03:58 PM
quote:

Thanks and I did which is why I'm not honoring it!

Tatonka
10-27-2003, 04:20 PM
spaz.. you should pay what you owe... as there is no post prior to the game that says that you wanted to back out..

but i will pay it for you.

The Spaz
10-27-2003, 04:26 PM
spaz.. you should pay what you owe... as there is no post prior to the game that says that you wanted to back out..

but i will pay it for you.

Well I must have misunderstood I took that as he's telling me bets are off.

Billzz
10-27-2003, 04:28 PM
Hey tatonka I had a bet with spaz too for about uhhhhhhhhh mmmmmmmm 1k zone bucks I think:)

The Spaz
10-27-2003, 04:30 PM
Hey tatonka I had a bet with spaz too for about uhhhhhhhhh mmmmmmmm 1k zone bucks I think:)

:lol:

Tatonka
10-27-2003, 04:33 PM
what do you owe?