PDA

View Full Version : Be glad you didn't see that debacle last night

Earthquake Enyart
10-21-2003, 06:24 AM
I watched the first 2 periods. The Canucks looked like they were on the power play the entire night. If they still count hits, there is no way any Sabre got one. They were a gutless bunch of stiffs. They had on one of the Canuck assistant coaches on the 2nd intermission, and it was all he could do to keep from laughing.

What an embarassment. :mad:

SABURZFAN
10-21-2003, 07:26 AM
i heard that they looked horrible.:lastyr:

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 07:34 AM
I watched the whole game granted I was taking in a little alcohol to help soothe my soul. This team is the softest of the Buffalo Sabres teams ever! Yeah our goalies haven't been great but it doesn't help when the defense doesn't clear the net and forwards and d-men can skate right up to within 10 feet or farther in and blast a shot without being in fear of getting decked! This is a sorry piece of ***** team!

Earthquake Enyart
10-21-2003, 08:07 AM
They have been soft for years. The total makeup of this team is wrong. Say what you want about Barnaby, but he was the last truly tough player we had.

SkateZilla
10-21-2003, 12:00 PM
i dunno what happened,
they had a Pretty average preseason,

and now this?

at least they waxed dallas.

Sabre Ally
10-21-2003, 01:51 PM
I switched the radio at work from MNF to the hockey game for aboot 30 seconds......the football score was 10-0 and the hockey score was 6-0 :eek: so I switched back to football. Finally, a decent MNF game instead of a blowout.

pyrrhonist
10-21-2003, 02:22 PM
I watched the first 1 1/2 periods via Centre Ice (I have to have it to see Sabres games here in California), and it was a debacle. Thank the stars that the Chiefs beating the Raiders was a better contest.

:gobills:

JD
10-21-2003, 02:57 PM
Im lovin the inconsistency...

Watch, we'll win next game and everyone will be like, ya ya, were amazing....

alyson
10-21-2003, 10:39 PM
Yeah, give it a bit of time. They have some new players, Miro was out for much of the pre-season. I am seeing good things in our future! I need to have something to look forward to, since all I do is study and work.
Brought to you by Alyson, the eternal optimist.

alyson
10-21-2003, 10:45 PM
Or if they keep sucking, we could always go back to our "Cutest player" posts! He he!

Fennernen
10-21-2003, 11:03 PM
Nice! Tim Connolly kinda looks like a lady, so Tim all the way!

pyrrhonist
10-22-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Fennernen
Nice! Tim Connolly kinda looks like a lady, so Tim all the way!

:rofl:

SABURZFAN
10-22-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by JD SabreFan
Im lovin the inconsistency...

Watch, we'll win next game and everyone will be like, ya ya, were amazing....

that's BS.it's obvious that this team needs more than just a win in the next game to pump the people up in here.at this point,this team looks as if they have to squat in order to pi$$.

Earthquake Enyart
10-22-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by alyson
Yeah, give it a bit of time. They have some new players, Miro was out for much of the pre-season. I am seeing good things in our future! I need to have something to look forward to, since all I do is study and work.
Brought to you by Alyson, the eternal optimist.

Yeah. Any minute now Brown, Dumont, Timmy, McKee, Miro, and Pyatt will flip a switch and become the players we all know they can be. :puke:

You can lose with anybody. At least get some guys in here that look like they are trying.

pyrrhonist
10-22-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
At least get some guys in here that look like they are trying.

So far, only Drury fits this description. That's sad, too, since he is a new player to the team. To be outplayed by a newbie (to the team) is utterly sad for the other guys who've already been here.

JD
10-22-2003, 01:57 PM
I always see Mair and Mckee giving it 110% every game...dunno what your talking about...Briere also trys hard every game!

pyrrhonist
10-22-2003, 07:23 PM
While Briere does play his heart out, Drury is just simply playing harder. If you watch Drury out there, he's busting his ass every single time. Not to mention, he stands up for his teammates regularly when they get punked (See Philthy game). Mair did put on the big time slash to protect Mika in the Calgary game, though.

JD
10-22-2003, 08:02 PM
Because maybe Drury is stronger and more fit, Briere is coming off of an injury, of course hes going to not be "as good" as Drury!

pyrrhonist
10-23-2003, 09:17 AM
Health has nothing to do with heart.

Again, JD, don't misunderstand, I'm not saying Danny isn't "as good" as Drury, merely that Drury has played with extreme intensity since he got to our team. No more, no less! :phones: