PDA

View Full Version : Pat Williams

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 02:54 PM
On the Eric Moulds show Pat Williams was a guest and they asked him about Priest Holmes. Pat Williams then said our defense will put a hold on him an dhe won't get more than 50 yards on them.

That's what I'm talking about go kick there asses Buffalo!!:):rocket:

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 02:55 PM
Tell Pat I want some of that chronic he's puffin' on.

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by gochiefs
Tell Pat I want some of that chronic he's puffin' on.

He doesn't need any of that stuff. He's on a natural high. In case yuo didn't know it we did shut down every running back this year so far. Yeah Ricky Williams had over 100 yards on us but they had to use 40 or so carries. Priest is done!!!!:shout: :madshake: :woeisme:

Jackal
10-21-2003, 02:59 PM
pat williams is all talk
he hardly shows much on the field

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Jackal
pat williams is all talk

Jackal but out you don't know ***** about football. In case you didn't notice Pat Williams led the NFL for DT's in tackles last year and he should have made the Pro Bowl. This about what Pat Williams said so lets keep on topic an don't talk about Rob Johnson!!!!!!!:woeisme:

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 03:02 PM
A quick check of the stats shows you are surrendering 111.9 yards per game on the ground...very mediocre.

Priest will be the best back you've faced, and our line will be the best you've faced this season. If you stop us, more power to ya....but no one has this season. Priest has had over 100 total yards of offensve in every game, and his season low rushing yards is 81.

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 03:03 PM
A quick check of the stats shows you are surrendering 111.9 yards per game on the ground...very mediocre.

Priest will be the best back you've faced, and our line will be the best you've faced this season. If you stop us, more power to ya....but no one has this season. Priest has had over 100 total yards of offensve in every game, and his season low rushing yards is 81.

I hate to say it but I think Ricky Williams is better!:scratch: :doh:

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

I hate to say it but I think Ricky Williams is better!:scratch: :doh:

I hate to say it but Ricky is averaging a whole 3.4 yards per carry.

nolimit
10-21-2003, 03:27 PM

I hate to say it but Ricky is averaging a whole 3.4 yards per carry.

Ricky is the better back by far!

Jackal
10-21-2003, 03:27 PM

Jackal but out you don't know ***** about football. In case you didn't notice Pat Williams led the NFL for DT's in tackles last year and he should have made the Pro Bowl. This about what Pat Williams said so lets keep on topic an don't talk about Rob Johnson!!!!!!!:woeisme:

easy or youll blow an artery
last year is last year
this year hes blown it on the field

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by nolimit

Ricky is the better back by far!

Right...that's why his team is 4-2 and he is averaging less than three and a half yards a carry....that's right...keep smoking that weed....how many TDs does Dreadlocks Williams have? Four? Priest has NINE....

Ricky's a good back...hell he had a better year than Priest last year...but he is not having as good a season this year. Period.

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 03:31 PM

Right...that's why his team is 4-2 and he is averaging less than three and a half yards a carry....that's right...keep smoking that weed....how many TDs does Dreadlocks Williams have? Four? Priest has NINE....

Ricky's a good back...hell he had a better year than Priest last year...but he is not having as good a season this year. Period.

How many Td's does Travis Henry have and he sucks right!!!!!:up:

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 03:32 PM
ricky is not better than priest.. no way no how... sorry fellow bills fans.. priest is the best in the business right now.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 03:35 PM

How many Td's does Travis Henry have and he sucks right!!!!!:up:

I sure didn't say Henry sucks....but of course...like Ricky Williams...there is his friend Travis Henry, ALSO averaging 3.4 yards per carry. :spit:

Tatonka
10-21-2003, 03:37 PM
keep looking at those stats.. if it makes you feel better until game time..

lou577
10-21-2003, 03:41 PM
u damn right tatonka, priest is the all around best back, no doubt. no other rb in the league has his running and passing catching ability. id might give jamal lewis or stephen davis the better pure runner award (LT needs to be metioned but is a such a bad team he is out of national picture). priest is the best, no doubt. lol but anyways go bills, shut him down!!!

venis2k1
10-21-2003, 03:46 PM
Preist is a slightly above average back running behind a great Offensive line, JMO though.

socalfan
10-21-2003, 03:51 PM
Holmes has the advantage of coaching, quarteback and probably receivers.....the doll-phins live and die by Williams. Williams is the better back.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
Preist is a slightly above average back running behind a great Offensive line, JMO though.

How did Priest ever run for 1500 before we had Willie Roaf and Brian Waters playing on the offensive line? He was so average!

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by socalfan
Holmes has the advantage of coaching, quarteback and probably receivers.....the doll-phins live and die by Williams. Williams is the better back.

Ricky is averaging 3.4 yards per carry and has four touchdowns....his numbers are way down from last season...he's not better this year, sorry.

justasportsfan
10-21-2003, 03:59 PM
pat williams is all talk

haha! This is coming from a Robosack fan who is a fan because "he is cool" but can't play football. At least pat is a starter. What has Rob don this year? Oh yeah , he got sacked :laughter:

Jackal
10-21-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

haha! This is coming from a Robosack fan who is a fan because "he is cool" but can't play football. At least pat is a starter. What has Rob don this year? Oh yeah , he got sacked :laughter:

youd expect more from a "pro bowl" fat slob who goes
on tv and says he going to stop the top backs
hasnt happened yet

Demon
10-21-2003, 04:03 PM
On the Eric Moulds show Pat Williams was a guest and they asked him about Priest Holmes. Pat Williams then said our defense will put a hold on him an dhe won't get more than 50 yards on them.

Yeah.......... in the first quarter.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Demon

Yeah.......... in the first quarter.

Finally a realistic Bills fan! Paaaaaaaaaandemonium! :lol!:

The_Philster
10-21-2003, 04:53 PM
Jackal in a thread NOT dedicated to the surfer boy? :scratch:

Jackal
10-21-2003, 05:08 PM
philster whos that in your signature
she looks like a good f--k

The_Philster
10-21-2003, 05:14 PM
philster whos that in your signature
she looks like a good f--k

Someone too classy to tell you about...that's for sure

THATHURMANATOR
10-21-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
ricky is not better than priest.. no way no how... sorry fellow bills fans.. priest is the best in the business right now.

I agree T!!

Billzz
10-21-2003, 07:11 PM
You all fail to see the light I am sad to say. Ricky is on a one sided offense there for everyone gears to stop him and he STILL HAS 3.4 yards a carry. Give the guy some credit and realize he IS the only threat on that team.

Atleast Priest has a talented QB to get the ball down the field to keep 8 men out of the box otherwise his numbers rushing aren't so great. He also has plays designed to get him out of the backfield recieving which makes him the better OVERALL back IMO.

Pure running no one holds a candel to RW except Jamal Lewis period.

socalfan
10-21-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
I agree T!!

I still disagree. If you look at the players surrounding each, then Williams has to do way more on his own.

It is the same situation as when Bruce Smith was with Buffalo, he had no line help, he was always double teamed and he still got sacks. Where Regie White had 3 other defensive line men to help out and he wasn't anywhere near as often double teamed.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 07:53 PM
WOW

THREE POINT FOUR YARDS PER CARRY

He is really tearing it up. All that on his own. I mean, those are Lamar Smith type numbers. And four whole touchdowns.....damn.

Billzz
10-21-2003, 07:55 PM
Again it's a 1 sided offense. Fiddler Crab is not a passing threat and CANNOT stretch the field under any circumstances so your stat point is mute.

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 07:55 PM
WOW

THREE POINT FOUR YARDS PER CARRY

He is really tearing it up. All that on his own. I mean, those are Lamar Smith type numbers. And four whole touchdowns.....damn.

Your right but your facing Travis Henry who is 2nd to Priest holmes in rushing td's and he's been hurt the lat 2 weeks!:)

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 07:58 PM
Jesus, how many times i have to say it?

Travis is also averaging an IMPRESSIVE three point four yards per carry.

And who gives a crap who ricky has around him? That just means the whole offense sucks. Whooptie freaking doo.

Ricky averaged FOUR POINT EIGHT YARDS PER CARRY LAST YEAR WITH THE SAME SUPPORTING CAST. WAKE THE HELL UP, HE SUCKS THIS YEAR!

Billzz
10-21-2003, 08:03 PM
So what is he going to average against your defense? Go ahead and pick a number for the game.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 08:08 PM
I'm expecting Henry to get around 60 yards rushing on 18 or so carries and another 30-40 on five or six catches. He hasn't had a very good year and we've shown we can shut down backs that aren't top-tier.

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 08:09 PM
I'm expecting Henry to get around 60 yards rushing on 18 or so carries and another 30-40 on five or six catches. He hasn't had a very good year and we've shown we can shut down backs that aren't top-tier.

:lol:

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 08:10 PM
Yeah I know, he had one good game so you're expecting him to bust out for 250 total yards again....not happening, our D is better than you think.

Billzz
10-21-2003, 08:11 PM
So 3.3 ypc is your call. Not a high number but maybe close assuming your LB's come up to stop the run. Overall I can easily see him getting 4.3-4.5 ypc with good blocking skeems like the skins game.

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 08:11 PM
It's not that but what he can do and what he did last year!:hamrhed: :rofl:

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 08:13 PM
Wake up, we actually have linebackers than can outrun QBs this year....

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 08:14 PM
Wake up, we actually have linebackers than can outrun QBs this year.... Our LB's are better than yours so what's your point!:whip: :blah:

Billzz
10-21-2003, 08:17 PM
Who's got a running QB? This is a RB slight difference.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 08:18 PM
Our LB's are better than yours so what's your point!:whip: :blah:

Your linebackers and ours are about the same. We have just as much speed as you do, so drop it.

My POINT is that Travis Henry won't be competing against the likes of Lew Bush and Marvcus Patton this year....

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Billzz
Who's got a running QB? This is a RB slight difference.

It has nothing to do with your QB, I was merely pointing out that our linebackers last year were incredibly slow...they were the weakest part of our defense...this year they are much improved and running all over the place.

Billzz
10-21-2003, 08:31 PM
If they where starters in the NFL I doubt they where Incredibly slow. Seau isn't the fastest LB by any means but he plays with instinct and heart. Maybe you gained a bonus by them flying around the ball but I doubt much more in the speed department.

I must admit that the LB's are pretty even across the board with a nudge towards KC because of the Sack department, even more amazing is that stat since you don't blitz much:)

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 08:43 PM
No, trust me, we have gained TONS of speed. Lew Bush and Patton were so slow....they couldn't cover anyone out of the backfield or defend the short passing routes. Or chase down a QB.

THIS year they are as fast as some of the DBs. Fujita ran down a punt returner from behind last season. Boy can flat out fly. Maslowski was playing out of position last season at ROLB but he is back at MLB this year where an overly fast guy is not necesarrily needed.

It's really nice to know your defense isn't a complete pushover and can actually stop teams and win a game or two once in a while....course you guys know how that goes, your D was almost equally bad most of last year.... :D

Billzz
10-21-2003, 09:00 PM
What's even more funny was everyone talking before the game last year about it's going to be 40something to 40 something. How each team had no D but there offense could just outright blow it up. 17-16 still makes me laugh.

Turf
10-21-2003, 09:00 PM
Pat set himself and the team up for failure. He should have kept his mouth shut. If he backs it up, he's a hero. If he gets hurt and leaves the game, it will follow suit. IF the Bills get beat, he's a blow hard.
Message to Pat. STFU. Let your play do the talking.

Billzz
10-21-2003, 09:05 PM
Yea I can't argue with shutting up the fat guy. It shows a lack of actual talent with them needing to make comments like that to get up for the game, but whatever works.

You know GW is cringing as the team slips further out of his control and into the leaders on the team. He claimed he got the team up a little too much for the skins game and that's why the penalties occured on the line. He's a blow hole too.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Billzz
What's even more funny was everyone talking before the game last year about it's going to be 40something to 40 something. How each team had no D but there offense could just outright blow it up. 17-16 still makes me laugh.

Yep, it was billed as a shootout, who woulda thunk it?

Our defense still played like shiat...no BS onside kicks for you this time.

lordofgun
10-21-2003, 09:23 PM
Our D sucked last year and we shut down Priest. We're gonna cream you.

And T, I thought you said Clinton Portis is the best. :D

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 09:26 PM
It shows a lack of actual talent -Billzz

Our defense has no talent and yet were 3rd in the league makes a lot of sense don't you think?:)

Billzz
10-21-2003, 09:31 PM
Maybe someone needs to tell Pat then. He seems pretty clueless making off hand remarks calling out the #1 AFC RB.

The comment was towards him not the D as a whole anyway, bad wording.

Chiefsfan59
10-21-2003, 11:06 PM
Pat Williams? Coming from him that don't mean nothing. Priest and the gang will just have to run all over your defense. And even if he doesn't have a good running day. He'll catch the ball out of the backfield and have 150 yds total and 2 tds

socalfan
10-21-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Chiefsfan59
Pat Williams? Coming from him that don't mean nothing. Priest and the gang will just have to run all over your defense. And even if he doesn't have a good running day. He'll catch the ball out of the backfield and have 150 yds total and 2 tds

I don't think this is going to be a high scoring game, maybe 10-7 Bills.

BillsOverDolphins
10-21-2003, 11:24 PM
Fellas, Priest Holmes is the best running back in football...not wittle wicky....Priest is a potential 1000rushing-1000receiving yard back. He's durable and plays through pain. I still think we can stop him, but it will be a *****

lordofgun
10-21-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins
Fellas, Priest Holmes is the best running back in football...not wittle wicky....Priest is a potential 1000rushing-1000receiving yard back. He's durable and plays through pain. I still think we can stop him, but it will be a *****

Too bad he only has one or two good years left. You'd better enjoy them.

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

Too bad he only has one or two good years left. You'd better enjoy them.

Priest probably has about four years left, he's said that much himself. There's nothing wrong with that, he is 30 after all.

ublinkwescore
10-22-2003, 02:06 PM
I think you guys are giving Jamal Lewis a little too much credit.

He accomplished his little single game rushing record with a fairly decent Oline in front of him, and he did it against the Cleveland Browns who don't believe in tackling (they also got 3 new starting LBers this year in an early game).

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 02:08 PM
Jamal has had several other good games this year, including against us...

LT is one of the best backs in the league, but he didn't gash us (34 yards on 13 totes). Why? His offensive line is very average.

Billzz
10-22-2003, 02:24 PM
Jamal is Jerome Bettis but younger. You consider the "Bus" a elite back?

zone
10-22-2003, 02:53 PM
Holmes is an amazing back, but he has runs with no regard for physical injury to himself. My prediction he will be T.K.O'd before the end of the game.

Travis Henry is anything but a average back, he is the most underrated back in the league. Our offensive line is a joke 9 penalties last week and Henry still rushed for 167 yards. He is one of the toughest players in the league, and might I remind you of #21 who you are lucky is not playing this week, because the 1,2, tandem of Henry, McGahee, is going to tear this league up. Even with or crap line. The Buffalo Bills by far have more talent at the HB position, then most teams could even dream of.

I hate R.W. , but did you ever think that his ARPC is lower because teams know that all the fish are going to do is hand off to him.