PDA

View Full Version : Guess who has the number 3 defense in the NFL after 7 weeks!

Patrick76777
10-21-2003, 03:23 PM
That’s right baby, Buffalo! That looks nice for the stretch run!

LtBillsFan66
10-21-2003, 03:24 PM
sweet!

nolimit
10-21-2003, 03:25 PM
Its time to turn the dogs loose!

I want to see the nastiest blitz packages I have ever seen against the chiefs!

Hell, I want to blitz every play!

BAM
10-21-2003, 03:27 PM
Very nice. I thought the Skins game would help out statistically very well.

Now if we can get our offense to stay on track we can ...:squish: and the Pats.

LtBillsFan66
10-21-2003, 03:30 PM
Priest,

I would like you to meet my friend TKO.

- billsfanone

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 03:32 PM
You better blitz...if you don't Green will have all day back there....the Broncos are number three in sacks this year....they didn't get Green once.

So you blitz....and we screen you to death and Tony G murders you...or Priest....or a WR on a slant or crossing pattern.

Go ahead, blitz. It makes life easier for us.

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by gochiefs
You better blitz...if you don't Green will have all day back there....the Broncos are number three in sacks this year....they didn't get Green once.

So you blitz....and we screen you to death and Tony G murders you...or Priest....or a WR on a slant or crossing pattern.

It's not about just blitzing it's about the type of players we blitz with Takeo Spikes, Lawyer Milloy, Jeff Posey, London Fletcher, etc. Have fun!:sukrpnch: :up:

Patrick76777
10-21-2003, 03:39 PM
No Blitzing! Stop Holmes, Keep an eye on Gonzo and make Green "try" and beat you with his micky mouse WR's!

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
No Blitzing! Stop Holmes, Keep an eye on Gonzo and make Green "try" and beat you with his micky mouse WR's!

Yeah the Packers overloaded against the run....Green lit them up for 400 yards. It was fun to watch.

nolimit
10-21-2003, 03:41 PM
Yeah that Wr corps of Morton, Kennison Bowfinger really scare the crap out of me! I'm sure Nate, Atoine, and Thomsa are pissin themselves!

Patrick76777
10-21-2003, 03:43 PM
I didn't say overload! just contain him. Much like we did last year. Until that last drive!

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 03:45 PM
I didn't say overload! just contain him. Much like we did last year. Until that last drive!

Fine, we'll win again then....

Patrick76777
10-21-2003, 03:46 PM
Plus I said to watch Gonzo who had 121 of those 400 yards! If we contain Holmes and keep gonzo under check we can win this game.

remember that a good chunk of those remaining 279 yards were gained on one play in the OT!

Patrick76777
10-21-2003, 03:48 PM

Fine, we'll win again then....

That game was decided by about an inch and a half. I'll take my chances that that won't happen again.

Plus if our coaches would have run the ball and played it safe, we win that game on a last second FG! again, I'll take my chances.

gochiefs
51 to be exact...what was your point anyway? It still counted.

That's a big IF by the way....IF we sever Bledsoe's legs at the hip we win this game...I can throw out IF statements all day. Fun, eh?

venis2k1
Our Lbs this year are so much faster than last year, its a joke. Posey will shut down Gonzo.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 03:50 PM

That game was decided by about an inch and a half. I'll take my chances that that won't happen again.

Plus if our coaches would have run the ball and played it safe, we win that game on a last second FG! again, I'll take my chances.

IF IF IF

What IF Morten had made that field goal?

What IF Travis Henry had fumbled one of his handoffs?

What IF Bledsoe had fumbled a snap.

What IF the Chiefs had won? oh...they did. :sukrpnch:

Patrick76777
10-21-2003, 03:56 PM
51 to be exact...what was your point anyway? It still counted.

That's a big IF by the way....IF we sever Bledsoe's legs at the hip we win this game...I can throw out IF statements all day. Fun, eh?

Fine 400 on the Pack, Blind Squirrel, nut the whole thing.

Besides for SD and Houston, he hasn’t broken 220 besides that game. And we all know how good SD and Houston are.

Listen, My point is, your Passing game is not that good! Besides a screen pass to Holmes and Gonzo over the middle, you don’t have much. That’s why I don’t want to blitz. Those are the two types of plays that beat blitzes. So what we’ll do is contain Holmes, limit Gonzo and let Trent Green try to beat us. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t.

Patrick76777
10-21-2003, 03:57 PM

IF IF IF

What IF Morten had made that field goal?

What IF Travis Henry had fumbled one of his handoffs?

What IF Bledsoe had fumbled a snap.

What IF the Chiefs had won? oh...they did. :sukrpnch:

Yes, it's all about if's. You claim that if we go in with the same gameplan, we'll lose, But yet, it worked and had the pass been an inch and a half longer, we win that game by 7!

I'll take my chances.

Gotta go, 5:00.

Btw, I think KC will win!

Patrick76777
10-21-2003, 03:58 PM
And we do have the number 3 D baby! WAS UP!

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 03:59 PM
Sure, our passing game hasn't been that great against good secondaries....that doesn't necesarily mean it's going to be poor again.

You said we don't have much...you missed out on Johnnie Morton's 21 catches this season, and he's averaging over 16 yards a grab...and Kennison has 18 catches...Hall has 14.....it's not just Gonzo and Priest.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 03:59 PM

Btw, I think KC will win!

AMAZING!!!! :huh: :lolcry:

stuckincincy
10-21-2003, 04:00 PM

Don't worry...the Chiefs are the newest NFL darlings. One - ONE offensive holding penalty against the Raiders? Even coach Vermeil noted the lack of a clip call on Hall's return against the Pack.

Nice team for sure, but they're riding the media bubble. Shame about Plummer and Beurlein, isn't it?

PS Tony pushes off.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 04:01 PM
And we do have the number 3 D baby! WAS UP!

And how many points did the juggernaut known as the Jets put up on that defense? 30 points!

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by stuckincincy

Don't worry...the Chief are the newest NFL darlings. One - ONE offensive holding penalty against the Raiders? Even coach Vermeil noted the lack of a clip call on Hall's return against the Pack.

Nice team for sure, but they're riding the media bubble.

PS Tony pushes off.

So what? The Chiefs have a disciplined team, we haven't been heavily penalized for the last three years.

Sure, there was a clip on Hall's return...didn't decide the game, our defensive stands had a huge role too....

I guess we'll keep riding that bubble for a few more weeks. :woot:

PS - Tony gets freakin HELD every single play almost and it never gets called.

Patrick76777
10-21-2003, 04:04 PM

And how many points did the juggernaut known as the Jets put up on that defense? 30 points!

Every team has a bad week bro, you'll find out soon!

Patrick76777
10-21-2003, 04:05 PM

AMAZING!!!! :huh: :lolcry:

Gotta stick up for my boys, plus it'll be close, could go either way.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 04:07 PM

Every team has a bad week bro, you'll find out soon!

We've had a few bad weeks already....we still won.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 04:08 PM

Gotta stick up for my boys, plus it'll be close, could go either way.

I agree....

stuckincincy
10-21-2003, 04:19 PM

So what? The Chiefs have a disciplined team, we haven't been heavily penalized for the last three years.

Sure, there was a clip on Hall's return...didn't decide the game, our defensive stands had a huge role too....

I guess we'll keep riding that bubble for a few more weeks. :woot:

PS - Tony gets freakin HELD every single play almost and it never gets called.

goChiefs, yer missing my point. H*ll, I remember and watched the likes of Buck Buchanon, Willy Lanier, Mike Garrett, Lenny Dawson, Ed Podolak, Otis Taylor, Jan Stenerud and so on.

The point is, and I think coach Vermiel gets it, that the ball has been bouncing, and the calls have been bouncing, favorably all season. That the bills got whacked big time by the jets is NO revalation. If you don't think KC is ripe for a let-down game then yer the ultimate homer.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 04:24 PM
They've had a couple let down games already.....I'm sorry, but I don't think the Chiefs will have a let down before they go into their bye....maybe a week or two after, but not right before it. It can't be a trap game if you're not looking ahead to anyone the next week.

Billzz
10-21-2003, 07:16 PM
Clements with 1 pick TKO with the other because of the heat they are gonna throw on Green.

Winfield can cover the screens plus Milloy helping stop the run, no one remeber Jacksonville?

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 07:38 PM
LMAO comparing the Jaguars to US?

Get real.

Billzz
10-21-2003, 07:45 PM
A screen is a screen. Winfield came up big in that game with his sure tackeling. Not comparing you to the Jag's but rather his play on the screens in that game.

You guys don't run screens? rofl.

gochiefs
10-21-2003, 07:50 PM
Not as much as we used to. We pull them on you when you least expect it. And we execute it well enough so a midget CB isn't going to stop it.

Billzz
10-21-2003, 07:57 PM
Go watch some highlight film of the midget tackling and let me know what you think.

FYI if I can see a screen coming from you guys I am pretty sure the defensive coordinator can sniff it out let alone TKO who is calling the defensive schemes in the huddle and probably going to be in pursuit if not stopping the play.

The Spaz
10-21-2003, 07:59 PM
Not as much as we used to. We pull them on you when you least expect it. And we execute it well enough so a midget CB isn't going to stop it.

Go ask all the RB's and Wr's in the league if he hits like a midget a LB or DT and tell me what they think....:dink: :afro:

The_Philster
10-21-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Go ask all the RB's and Wr's in the league if he hits like a midget a LB or DT and tell me what they think....:dink: :afro:

Don't forget the TEs. I kinda like how he puts them down for the count so well. ;)

Stewie
10-21-2003, 10:09 PM

See, when you run that screen we sit Lawyer or Winfield in the flat. When you run that slant, our DT's and DE's drop back in a zone and pick them off. So yeah, go ahead, we've been there...

Buffatexas
10-22-2003, 02:13 PM
here is a big "what if" for you

what if the chiefs played some decent teams this year to justify their undefeated record?

what if the chiefs didn't steal their uniform color scheme from McDonald's uniforms

WHAT IF THE BILLS SMOKE THAT CHIEF A**, YOU GONNA BE HERE TO TAKE THE HEAT?

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 02:20 PM
The Chiefs have beaten the Ravens, the Broncos and the Packers, all quality wins.

You have one quality win, and it was back in week 1.

The Spaz
10-22-2003, 02:23 PM
The Ravens is a quality win...LMAO!!

HenryRules
10-22-2003, 02:25 PM
Green Bay isn't exactly tearing it up either. Both GB and Balt are gonna miss the playoffs this season.

Hey, 7 and 0 is still 7-0, but I'm amazed that so many people think KC has proven themselves, yet so many people also think a team like Dallas still has to prove itself.

A win is a win, at the end of the season, it doesn't matter which teams you beat, only how many.

cordog
10-22-2003, 02:29 PM
Ravens a quality win? A team that is 3-3 and just got their asses handed to them by the Bengals? The Packers that got beat by the Cards a quality win? Just cuz the chiefs barely beat them doesnt make it a quality win

cordog
10-22-2003, 02:31 PM
The chiefs are a good team, but they've been playing with fire the last 3 or 4 weeks. I think this week is where they finally get beat.

Billzz
10-22-2003, 02:33 PM
Making it to the playoffs with a first round bye and home field advantage is really nice. That's what KC is on track to do which which you cannot deny since everyones record goes back to zero when the playoffs kick in. By that time each team has EVERYONE else's number which is why I am sorta happy to see a slump in the beginning of the year versus the fall going into playoffs.

Prompts to the 7-0 but lets be realistic in the fact that most teams that start strong waver in the fall/winter. This is the NFL and everyone on every team is a proffesional and able to pull the game of their life out of there ass on any given sunday. Ask Tampa Bay.

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by cordog
Ravens a quality win? A team that is 3-3 and just got their asses handed to them by the Bengals? The Packers that got beat by the Cards a quality win? Just cuz the chiefs barely beat them doesnt make it a quality win

The Ravens have one of the best D's in the league and a great rushing attack...and we beat them in their house. It was no easy win.

We were down 17 in the second half vs the Packers at Lambeau...no NFL team has won in that situation, EVER.

And we did beat Denver....we've had some quality wins, certainly more quality than you guys. And like I said, J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS! :nana:

CHIEF4EVER
10-22-2003, 02:36 PM
To be honest, this game scares me a bit. Which Greg Robinson are we going to see this week? The one who shut down the Faiders in their own house for 3 quarters or the one who went to the Prevent "Spinner" defense and almost let them tie it up? Saunders has to get back to our bread and butter on offense - no more cute stuff. Run Holmes behind the best O line in the league and play action off of his production. Buffalo has a good defense and it should be a great game. The 12th man should help us a great deal in this one. Here's to a well played game with no injuries on either side.

Have I mentioned that I HATE the Faiders?

Patrick76777
10-22-2003, 02:36 PM
I bet the Jets finish at least 9-7! Which would be a 9-3 finish! Seriously, Look out for the Jets!

Billzz
10-22-2003, 02:37 PM
Wait till the end of the year before you jump on the Jets game loss bandwagon.

cordog
10-22-2003, 02:38 PM
The Ravens have one of the best D's in the league and a great rushing attack...and we beat them in their house. It was no easy win.

We were down 17 in the second half vs the Packers at Lambeau...no NFL team has won in that situation, EVER.

And we did beat Denver....we've had some quality wins, certainly more quality than you guys. And like I said, J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS! :nana:

Okay well the Bills D is ranked higher than Baltimore's but the chiefs are gonna walk all over our defense right? Think about what you say before you open your mouth

cordog
10-22-2003, 02:41 PM
you know i never really minded the chiefs till their midly retarted fan gochiefs came over here. Gochiefs was probably Gorams until the chiefs started playing well

Billzz
10-22-2003, 02:43 PM
Actually Gochiefs hasn't really offended anyone and has had decent arguments with facts behind it, not to include his personal evaluation of his team. Don't find that retarted do you?

cordog
10-22-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Billzz
Actually Gochiefs hasn't really offended anyone and has had decent arguments with facts behind it, not to include his personal evaluation of his team. Don't find that retarted do you?

what facts has he come up with that dazzled you?

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by cordog

what facts has he come up with that dazzled you?

Go back and look up most of my posts, they've all been reasonably well defended...I've spent 99 percent of my time defending the Chiefs against morons like you, who can't even spell ******ED.

cordog
10-22-2003, 02:47 PM
Maybe saying that the chiefs will walk all over the bills D and that A. Winfield is a midget CB are facts to you but not to me. But you might be in the same category as gochiefs.

cordog
10-22-2003, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gochiefs
Go back and look up most of my posts, they've all been reasonably well defended...I've spent 99 percent of my time defending the Chiefs against morons like you, who can't even spell ******ED. [/QUOTE

I guess winfield being a midget cb is well thought out for being midly ******ED

cordog
10-22-2003, 02:50 PM
I guess starting a thread talking S*** about our site here is well thought out too for being ******ed

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 02:52 PM
You obviously can't differentiate between smack talk and football talk....I'm glad you learned how to spell a new word, though, my work here is done.

cordog
10-22-2003, 02:56 PM
You obviously can't differentiate between smack talk and football talk....I'm glad you learned how to spell a new word, though, my work here is done.

I guess you cant either gorams, cuz thats all i was doing

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 03:18 PM
Hard to tell.

BTW I hate the Rams and always have.

Billzz
10-22-2003, 03:27 PM
Maybe your over-sensitive and have a problem with a little critism that has some comic value to it. My last post on this since I can pretty well see your ignorance proceeds any kind of rational thought.

Buffatexas
10-23-2003, 11:31 AM
This goCHEFS guy is ok...he brings some good points to the table....kind of like mdfinfan and a FEW other non-Bill fans who post here....as long as he is not echobravo in disguise. I just hope he shows up should the Bills beat the Chiefs...

IHateTheDullphins
10-23-2003, 11:34 AM
GoKweefs is a :horse: head. Just go over to ChiefsPlanet and ask them.