PDA

View Full Version : Bills Should Be "Easy" Win for KC

Halbert
10-22-2003, 07:38 AM
I didn't say it, he did ...

"Life should get a little easier this week with the Bills coming to town which means the Chiefs should be 8-0 heading into their bye week."

http://springfield.news-leader.com/columnists/schulte/1022-HaveChiefs-198611.html

cschulte@news-leader.com

stuckincincy
10-22-2003, 08:32 AM
Yeah I read that article. The writer also said the Cheeps could have just as easily gone 3 and 4 vs. 7 -0.

Where's your prediction...U still bask in the glow of your Skins pick...:D

Tatonka
10-22-2003, 08:56 AM
save that email address till after the game.

Jan Reimers
10-22-2003, 09:16 AM
It really irks me that this guy dismisses the Bills out of hand, as if we were a non-entity. I hope we kill the Chiefs now, and inflict a few injuries along the way.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-22-2003, 09:17 AM
If it wasn't for Dante Hall that would be a 4-3 team, I will be the first to email that dude when the Bills win by 14.

stuckincincy
10-22-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
It really irks me that this guy dismisses the Bills out of hand, as if we were a non-entity. I hope we kill the Chiefs now, and inflict a few injuries along the way.

A hip check on a certain RB, perhaps? :shades:

Earthquake Enyart
10-22-2003, 09:22 AM
If this guy was a genius, he wouldn't be living in Springfield. :homer:

Dozerdog
10-22-2003, 09:51 AM
Hey! I live in Springfireld!!! (Mass , that is)

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 12:55 PM
To be honest, I don't blame him. You haven't had an impressive win since week 1, and I believe that game was almost solely decided by the Lawyer Milloy factor.

I really don't fear any team that went on the road and got their asses handed to them by the Jets.

TedMock
10-22-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by gochiefs
To be honest, I don't blame him. You haven't had an impressive win since week 1, and I believe that game was almost solely decided by the Lawyer Milloy factor.

I really don't fear any team that went on the road and got their asses handed to them by the Jets.

They were impressive in week two as well. Also, don't think this week was an impressive win? 24-7. They didn't play awesome but Henry had 167 and 2 TD's. Our #2 WR had 8 for 109 and a TD with Champ Bailey covering him all game. Champ's supposed to be one of the best cover corners in the league. Bledsoe didn't have huge #'s but 244 is good. What he did do was complete 73% of his passes. Our defense was absolutely dominant no two ways about it. I think KC has got to be considered the #1 team right now at 7-0 but they're certainly not unstoppable. They haven't exactly been crushing anybody. I think it's going to be a good game.

Earthquake Enyart
10-22-2003, 01:10 PM

Ouch. That left a mark. :anvil:

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by TedMock

They were impressive in week two as well. Also, don't think this week was an impressive win? 24-7. They didn't play awesome but Henry had 167 and 2 TD's. Our #2 WR had 8 for 109 and a TD with Champ Bailey covering him all game. Champ's supposed to be one of the best cover corners in the league. Bledsoe didn't have huge #'s but 244 is good. What he did do was complete 73% of his passes. Our defense was absolutely dominant no two ways about it. I think KC has got to be considered the #1 team right now at 7-0 but they're certainly not unstoppable. They haven't exactly been crushing anybody. I think it's going to be a good game.

You still haven't beaten a good team after the week 1 debacle...the Redskins weren't a good team, and for all those yards you quoted, the Bills still only scored 24 points, which is real average.

I'm more concerned about your defense coming into this game.

Earthquake Enyart
10-22-2003, 01:23 PM
Seriously, you guys don't have anyone to cover Moulds, and look to be vulnerable to a power running game up the gut. Henry is the type of back who will give you trouble. I don't know why the Raiders didn't pound you more with Wheatley.

ublinkwescore
10-22-2003, 01:57 PM
Because the Raiders (along with their fans) are morons.

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Seriously, you guys don't have anyone to cover Moulds, and look to be vulnerable to a power running game up the gut. Henry is the type of back who will give you trouble. I don't know why the Raiders didn't pound you more with Wheatley.

We can cover Moulds...it's not like he's Randy Moss. Our secondary is much improved this season.

A power running game up the gut has given us trouble, but only when we face great offensive lines and running backs...you just don't have the hosses to get it done, IMO.

CHIEF4EVER
10-22-2003, 02:14 PM
Hi Bills fans, nice place you got here. I think the game Sunday Night is going to be a good one. The last 2 we have played have been decided in the final minutes. I don't forsee that changing in this game. You guys are playing to catch up with those nasty fishies and we are trying to stay 2 (maybe 3 if they lose to the Ravens) ahead of the Donks. BTW, have I mentioned that I HATE the friggin Faiders?

BillsNick
10-22-2003, 02:28 PM

We can cover Moulds...it's not like he's Randy Moss. Our secondary is much improved this season.

A power running game up the gut has given us trouble, but only when we face great offensive lines and running backs...you just don't have the hosses to get it done, IMO.

:lol:

Oh, you can cover Moulds? oh.....in that case......I didn't know there was anyone who could cover Moulds, but since your 25th ranked pass defense is "much improved" this season, they must be the ones to do it. Thanks.:down:

BillsNick
10-22-2003, 02:31 PM
Welcome Chief4ever, enjoy your stay!

northernbillfan
10-22-2003, 02:31 PM
We are to the K C CHiefs what teh Houston TExans were to Miami in week one.

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by BillsNick

:lol:

Oh, you can cover Moulds? oh.....in that case......I didn't know there was anyone who could cover Moulds, but since your 25th ranked pass defense is "much improved" this season, they must be the ones to do it. Thanks.:down:

Go ahead and keep quoting MEANINGLESS stats.

You've ignored the ones that matter: average points allowed, turnovers, sacks, third down defense.

All of that is party due to an improved secondary.

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by northernbillfan

Wrong on so many levels.

First of all, regardless of the competition, KC takes no opponent lightly. We overlook NO TEAM...that is because Vermeil simply won't allow it to happen.

Number two, it's nice that you think the Bills suck as bad as the Texans, but you should have a little more faith in your team.

Number three, we beat the Texans. Bad. So if Bills=Texans (who we destroyed), I guess you're in for a real ass-whupping this weekend, eh?

Nice job.

TedMock
10-22-2003, 02:38 PM

You still haven't beaten a good team after the week 1 debacle...the Redskins weren't a good team, and for all those yards you quoted, the Bills still only scored 24 points, which is real average.

Our defense is obviously our strength right now but since when did 24 points become average? The Rams set the all time record a few years ago with an average of just over 30ppg. That's 1 TD more. Now, we haven't averaged 24ppg but I'd say most teams would have an outstanding record if they did that every week. Is 29.7 way better? That's KC's average this season and they're tied for 2nd in the NFL. Minnesota leads the league with 29.8. \

BillsNick
10-22-2003, 02:49 PM

Go ahead and keep quoting MEANINGLESS stats.

You've ignored the ones that matter: average points allowed, turnovers, sacks, third down defense.

All of that is party due to an improved secondary.

So what facts do you have that suggest that anyone in a KC uniform can cover Moulds?

Let's do a quick rundown on what anything you said has to do with the ability to cover Moulds.

avg. points allowed------nope, nothing to do with Moulds

turnovers------------------once again, nothing.

sacks-----------------------oh my god, zero, AGAIN!

third down D--------------holy crappy poster, batman!

You're 0 for 4, in fact, if we take alook at most of the posts that somehow found their way from your brain, all the way to th keyboard, you're most likely 0 for a bunch. This must be why everyone over at the ChiefsPlanet Don't think too highly of you.
Get a clue.:puke::down:

Halbert
10-22-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
Where's your prediction...U still bask in the glow of your Skins pick...:D
Nah, I celebrate for a few hours then I begin focusing on the next opponent. Where do you think the players learned that from?

Besides, I like my NE and Miami picks better. Especially Miami - I almost got ran outta here for picking the Fish. lol.

http://205.134.177.140/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30630&perpage=40&pagenumber=3

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 08:43 PM

You missed the point...all those stats mean we have an improved defense...our improved defense is making a lot more plays in the passing game.

Also, interceptions are turnovers. When you get an interception it means the opposing quarterback usually throws into coverage....of a wide receiver, usually....like Moulds?

Third down defense is simple....we're covering wide receievers (and everyone else) better than last year, so we're stopping teams on third down.

I hope you understand now.

Jeff1220
10-22-2003, 09:07 PM
Funny sig Chief4Ever.

I think that it'll be close game and could go either way. If Reed plays like this past week, he, Moulds and Shaw will give the Chiefs fits. Hopefully the Chefs players are underestimating the Bills as much as that homer journalist from Springfield.

kardshark19
10-22-2003, 10:51 PM

Your team only managed to score 17 points against the sorry Raiders. Aside from Cleveland, all the Raider's other opponents managed to score an average of 26.2 points. So not only is that below your real average, you barely beat a team that many good teams blew out. Great accomplishment. And who was there QB again for half of that game???

Number three, we beat the Texans. Bad. So if Bills=Texans (who we destroyed), I guess you're in for a real ass-whupping this weekend, eh?

Here, NBF isn't saying we are the Texans. It is an analogy, and we, the underdog, will beat the Chiefs like the Texans, who were the underdog, beat the Dolphins. So stopping being such a selective listener, and read more carefully. DAMN! :tongue:

MDFINFAN
10-22-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by northernbillfan

Ouch!
Couldn't you have used a better example, besides you guys are better than the Texans..no comparison.

gochiefsmother
10-22-2003, 11:55 PM
My honest take on the game.

There will be nothing easy about it and I honestly think it could go either way. I feel out two teams are evenly matched and the one huge advantage comes down the where the game is being played. The Chiefs are hard to knock off in their own house. I see it coming down to the last minute of the game. I really think it will be that close and could even go into overtime. I am just ready for a kick ass football game and may there be no serious injuries to either team.

KCWolfman
10-23-2003, 01:36 AM

So what facts do you have that suggest that anyone in a KC uniform can cover Moulds?

Let's do a quick rundown on what anything you said has to do with the ability to cover Moulds.

You're 0 for 4, in fact, if we take alook at most of the posts that somehow found their way from your brain, all the way to th keyboard, you're most likely 0 for a bunch. This must be why everyone over at the ChiefsPlanet Don't think too highly of you.
Get a clue.:puke::down:

It's not a matter of long coverage of Moulds (BTW is he playing?). It is more of a matter of bumping him on the line enough to disrupt his pattern while our pass rush (which is the portion that is vastly improved) gets to Bledsoe. Let's face it, you don't have our Offensive line.

KCWolfman
10-23-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by BillsBoy

Your team only managed to score 17 points against the sorry Raiders. Aside from Cleveland, all the Raider's other opponents managed to score an average of 26.2 points. So not only is that below your real average, you barely beat a team that many good teams blew out. Great accomplishment. And who was there QB again for half of that game???

Oh c'mon. How much did you score against those tough Testicularvedee team again?

Division games are always tough, regardless of your opponents record - you should have learned that at the Meadowlands this year.

kardshark19
10-23-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by KCWolfman

Oh c'mon. How much did you score against those tough Testicularvedee team again?

Division games are always tough, regardless of your opponents record - you should have learned that at the Meadowlands this year.

My response was based on his previous statement. Don't try to take things out of context. Now I know rivals are always tough to play, as showed tonight when WV beat VT. But to say 24 points is a real average score is silly. So in defense, 24 > 17. Now if I come out and say that the Bills Offense is better than KC's, than you can pull out a crappy statement like that. Cheers! :cheers:

KCWolfman
10-23-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by BillsBoy

My response was based on his previous statement. Don't try to take things out of context. Now I know rivals are always tough to play, as showed tonight when WV beat VT. But to say 24 points is a real average score is silly. So in defense, 24 > 17. Now if I come out and say that the Bills Offense is better than KC's, than you can pull out a crappy statement like that. Cheers! :cheers:

And the same back to you. Other than a couple of "vibrant" and "overzealous" posters wishing injuries on our players, I would say you have the second best BB I have the pleasure of reading. ;)

I normally don't scour other boards, but decided to check yours out. I will definitely be poking my head in the rest of this season.

kardshark19
10-23-2003, 04:16 AM
Hope to see you around Wolfie, along with your fellow KC fans that have poked their head over! The more the merrier, I always say.

:bandwagon:

I am looking forward to this game on Sunday, and am sure it will be a great game. I know I will be watching, and hoping. :popcorn:

hurls
10-23-2003, 04:21 AM
If we don't run well, we lose badly. The crowd will kill Drew's poor audibles

justasportsfan
10-23-2003, 08:11 AM
If the bills that played the Pats, Jags, and Redskins show up, the bills "WILL" win. If the bills that played the bengals, Jets, eagles and miami show up- we will llose.

So far the bills haven't shown there is an in between personality. It's either we are awsome or we plain suck. Jeckl and Hyde. If for the first time the bills are in between those two personalities, that won't be enough to beat Pocahontas.