PDA

View Full Version : Wo's on the chopping block?

Dozerdog
10-22-2003, 10:25 AM
Who's going to be cut loose when McGahee is activated off the bye week?

LtBillsFan66
10-22-2003, 10:29 AM
Hmmm. I can't even find an updated 53 man roster anywhere. NFL.com and bb.com still have players who were cut already...

Earthquake Enyart
10-22-2003, 10:31 AM
Burns.

LtBillsFan66
10-22-2003, 10:32 AM
I was thinking a RB too. Burns or Simenton.

The Spaz
10-22-2003, 10:33 AM
I think your right earthquake after the bye week Morris should be good to go and McGahee would fill the 3rb spot or actually Simonton may be gone now that I think about it.

Billzz
10-22-2003, 10:36 AM
Simenton. Thanks for the memories:(

stuckincincy
10-22-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Who's going to be cut loose when McGahee is activated off the bye week?

I can't recall...aren't they able to go a week past the bye week to make that decision?

I'd LIKE to see Pucillo take the whack just because...

If they activate 'em, and if Morris can really play (I admit I'm a bit leery about that), Simonton seems to be the bubble guy.

Jan Reimers
10-22-2003, 10:42 AM
It's simple. Simonton is the obvious choice.

stuckincincy
10-22-2003, 10:43 AM
Next question: What practice squad moves might occur if Simonton goes down? Somebody's gotta be bumped I think.

Plus, wonder if any other teams have some sort of interest in simonton? My understanding that with a PS move, the waiver wire comes into play. :idunno:

LtBillsFan66
10-22-2003, 10:51 AM
Can Simonton go to the PS? He got some carries this year...

R. Rich
10-22-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
I'd LIKE to see Pucillo take the whack just because...

You beat me to it. I'd love to see Pussywillow, err, I mean Pucillo, at least get benched until he's ready. He obviously isn't ready now as the weakness of the offense really is from guard to guard.

RedEyE
10-22-2003, 11:00 AM
The Bills do not have to activate McGahee right away. Once he is cleared from the PUP list, I believe that the Bills have about 3 weeks to activate him. With Sammy Morris now back and the Bye coming up next week, I can see the Bills taking at least 2 of the 3 weeks to make that decision.

The Spaz
10-22-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by RedEyE
The Bills do not have to activate McGahee right away. Once he is cleared from the PUP list, I believe that the Bills have about 3 weeks to activate him. With Sammy Morris now back and the Bye coming up next week, I can see the Bills taking at least 2 of the 3 weeks to make that decision.

You are correct but after the bye week it will be 21 days an dthey hav eto make a decision.:)

G. Host
10-22-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by R. Rich
You beat me to it. I'd love to see Pussywillow, err, I mean Pucillo, at least get benched until he's ready. He obviously isn't ready now as the weakness of the offense really is from guard to guard.

Well what is obvious to you must not be to coaching staff if Sullivan is still on bench and has not been activated. He did some good blocking again against Washington like he did in Jacksonville.

I am expecting Sullivan or McKenzie could be cut when McGahee is activiated.

stuckincincy
10-22-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by G. Host

Well what is obvious to you must not be to coaching staff if Sullivan is still on bench and has not been activated. He did some good blocking again against Washington like he did in Jacksonville.

I am expecting Sullivan or McKenzie could be cut when McGahee is activiated.

Hmm...McKenzie. Forgot about him. :idunno: Could be...

Not quite clear what you're saying about Sullivan.

G. Host
10-22-2003, 11:47 AM
Sullivan has been inactive all season. Not one game he has played. If his play has slipped so badly that the only way they are going to activate him is with a castophic injury, they might as well cut him.

HenryRules
10-22-2003, 11:51 AM
I thought Pucillo actually played pretty well last week (aside from the TD highlighted on tv). The running game seemed to work pretty well on the right side and he didn't seem to get dominated in pass protection like normal.

I'm suprised that after last week, people are still complaining about Pucillo, but no one has mentioned how poorly RB and JJ played (what'd they get, about 70 yards in penalties between the two of them?)

HenryRules
10-22-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by G. Host
Sullivan has been inactive all season. Not one game he has played. If his play has slipped so badly that the only way they are going to activate him is with a castophic injury, they might as well cut him.

Sullivan is the type of player that will only be active if he is starting.

He's not as good as our backup tackle and can't play C. That means that carrying him we'd have to carry 2 other backup OL (a tackle and a C). Right now, I think Sobieski is the guy that dresses because he can play G and C.

Sullivan's inactiveness is due to his lack of versatitlity.

ryven
10-22-2003, 01:24 PM
I thought sullivan played tackel as well.

HenryRules
10-22-2003, 02:13 PM
Sullivan does play tackle ... but not as well as Price. Since we are going to dress Sobieski regardless (he's our only backup center), we need to dress our best tackle.

If Sullivan could play C, then it'd probably be Sullivan and Price that dressed.

ryven
10-22-2003, 02:17 PM
Does any one know how Sobieski did in TC would he be good enough to start?

The_Philster
10-22-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Can Simonton go to the PS? He got some carries this year...

Yeah...as long as he doesn't exceed 6 games on the active roster, he can move back to the practice squad. My feeling is that they'll cut one of the two practice squad QBs when this all goes down.