PDA

View Full Version : Is Eric Moulds going to start this weekend???

mackey789
10-22-2003, 11:17 AM
He is still listed as questionable. Do you think he will make his first start since the Bungles game, or will he sit our yet another one? We need him this weekend.

venis2k1
10-22-2003, 11:18 AM
Yes, he will. Its my understanding that he was boarderline for the skins game.

venis2k1
10-22-2003, 11:20 AM
"Oct 22-- Bills’ head coach Gregg Williams told the Buffalo News on Tuesday that wide receiver Eric Moulds should be able to play this Sunday against the Chiefs. Moulds, has a slight groin tear and was close to playing this past week against the Redskins, but was not quite full strength. "

mackey789
10-22-2003, 11:24 AM
Where did you get that from

stuckincincy
10-22-2003, 11:24 AM
:idunno: I made a prediction before the Skins game (which went per usual on BZ unacknowledged :D) that WAS would be in a quandry regarding def. pass coverage what with Moulds in or out.

I think it's gonna be a late, late game day decsion. At least, that's how I'd play it.

venis2k1
10-22-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by mackey789
Where did you get that from

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3510/news

Moulds is on my fantasy team.

stuckincincy
10-22-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by venis2k1
"Oct 22-- Bills’ head coach Gregg Williams told the Buffalo News on Tuesday that wide receiver Eric Moulds should be able to play this Sunday against the Chiefs. Moulds, has a slight groin tear and was close to playing this past week against the Redskins, but was not quite full strength. "

Geeze, while I was posting this comes up. Myself, I'd hold my cards close. GW = blind bat.

venis2k1
10-22-2003, 11:32 AM
Moulds not only will play, but i would expect him to practice full this week.

stuckincincy
10-22-2003, 11:37 AM
Sombody chime in here. Wasn't it Vermiel when he was with STL, that banned all coverage of the in-season practices? I know somebody did it.

Hate to :wail: on this, but keep'em guessing and make 'em plan for several scenarios.

HenryRules
10-22-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by stuckincincy

Geeze, while I was posting this comes up. Myself, I'd hold my cards close. GW = blind bat.

Moulds came out right after the game and said that he'd play for sure this week.

The NFL also has strict rules about how you grade a player's health and I believe it has to be done by Wednesday.

GW provides enough excuses to think he's crap ... don't start blaming him for things that he can't avoid.

The Spaz
10-22-2003, 12:08 PM
Moulds To Take Part In Wednesday's Practice

Bills wide receiver Eric Moulds, who has missed the past two games due to a groin injury, will take part in the team's workout on Wednesday when the Bills return to the field to prepare for a nationally-televised Sunday night game against the undefeated Kansas City Chiefs (7-0) at Arrowhead Stadium.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=210454

stuckincincy
10-22-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules

Moulds came out right after the game and said that he'd play for sure this week.

The NFL also has strict rules about how you grade a player's health and I believe it has to be done by Wednesday.

GW provides enough excuses to think he's crap ... don't start blaming him for things that he can't avoid.

Well, yeah, HR...that's just it...keep'em "questionable" and let the opponent guess. I'd muzzle Molds, also or any other player. Not his call....it's a rare business that tolerates an employee chirping to the press.

HenryRules
10-22-2003, 12:34 PM
You can't just declare someone "questionable" ... there actually has to be a medical reason for someone to have their status on the injured list ... placing someone on the injury list when they're not injured or not on the list when they are injured is against the rules, and the team will be fined.

stuckincincy
10-22-2003, 12:45 PM
You can't just declare someone "questionable" ... there actually has to be a medical reason for someone to have their status on the injured list ... placing someone on the injury list when they're not injured or not on the list when they are injured is against the rules, and the team will be fined.

Yes. I understand that. But Moulds was declared questionable for valid reasons. Unless the NFL is going to send an independent medico to each and every team, on a day-by-basis, to verify injury status, a team can, and will, stand by their status statements. It's just plain and simple strategic sense. Poker IS played in the NFL, so to speak. Everybody bluffs now and again. The only players that you can't suit up on game day, to the best of my knowledge, are those that you have declared to be OUT.

stuckincincy
10-22-2003, 12:48 PM

Yes. I understand that. But Moulds was declared questionable for valid reasons. Unless the NFL is going to send an independent medico to each and every team, on a day-by-basis, to verify injury status, a team can stand by their status statements if they so desire. They can change from doubtful to questionable to probable as they choose...and they usually do so. However, Poker IS played in the NFL, so to speak. Everybody bluffs now and again. The only players that you can't suit up on game day, to the best of my knowledge, are those that you have declared to be OUT.

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm hoping he's severely hampered by that groin injury...it'd be nice.

I'm kind of hoping the Chiefs put Warfield on Moulds and McCleon on Reed, because of the size matchup. Warfield matches up better against Moulds, even though McCleon has better coverage skills. I wouldn't mind Warfield giving up a few yards if McCleon can shut down Reed, which he probably can.

stuckincincy
10-22-2003, 12:50 PM
Sorry, my edit of my post is depicted above...double clicks.

HenryRules
10-22-2003, 12:51 PM

Yes. I understand that. But Moulds was declared questionable for valid reasons. Unless the NFL is going to send an independent medico to each and every team, on a day-by-basis, to verify injury status, a team can, and will, stand by their status statements. It's just plain and simple strategic sense. Poker IS played in the NFL, so to speak. Everybody bluffs now and again. The only players that you can't suit up on game day, to the best of my knowledge, are those that you have declared to be OUT.

You seem to forget that Shanahan was almost fined for lying about an in-game injury two or three weeks ago (this is an in-game injury, not one before the game).

I'm not sure who got caught lying, but someone got caught lying to the league last year or the year before and was fined.

The NFL will not send medics to each team, instead you probably have to send the NFL your doctor's information. Falsifying those records would be difficult and illegal i believe.

Don't forget, the NFL's popularity is largely due to gambling - in order for gambling to be as popular, the injury list will have to retain it's credibility. In order for that to happen, you can bet that the NFL will monitor the players on the injury list - what is there, maybe 150 or so a week on there? It's not too hard for them to check up.

stuckincincy
10-22-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by gochiefs
I'm hoping he's severely hampered by that groin injury...it'd be nice.

I'm kind of hoping the Chiefs put Warfield on Moulds and McCleon on Reed, because of the size matchup. Warfield matches up better against Moulds, even though McCleon has better coverage skills. I wouldn't mind Warfield giving up a few yards if McCleon can shut down Reed, which he probably can.

I seem to be a majority of one regarding Moulds. Groin injuries take time. I don't look for him to suit up.

stuckincincy
10-22-2003, 12:56 PM
Oh, and don't wish for a player to be "severely hamperered".
Your season sinks with 1 good hip check on #31...

stuckincincy
10-22-2003, 01:11 PM

You seem to forget that Shanahan was almost fined for lying about an in-game injury two or three weeks ago (this is an in-game injury, not one before the game).

I'm not sure who got caught lying, but someone got caught lying to the league last year or the year before and was fined.

The NFL will not send medics to each team, instead you probably have to send the NFL your doctor's information. Falsifying those records would be difficult and illegal i believe.

Don't forget, the NFL's popularity is largely due to gambling - in order for gambling to be as popular, the injury list will have to retain it's credibility. In order for that to happen, you can bet that the NFL will monitor the players on the injury list - what is there, maybe 150 or so a week on there? It's not too hard for them to check up.

That was the shanahan and Plummer situation. So ok have it your way regarding Moulds. He goes out for pre-game stretches. And during the exercises, he writhes in pain due to re-injury. Is he tool of the gamblers? Did the Bills lie lie lie? Or, he does the exercises with flying colors. Did the Bills lie lie lie? Is the book pleased? I never said that the bills or any other team's staff are misrepresenting things. My point REMAINS that I see no sense to tipping off your opponent. The betting business has their OWN way of determining what's what. The only thing left here is to shake hands and go back to our respective corners, HR.

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 01:21 PM
Oh, and don't wish for a player to be "severely hamperered".
Your season sinks with 1 good hip check on #31...

Priest has taken some hits on that hip, as well as numerous other shots. His hip is not that weak.

stuckincincy
10-22-2003, 01:34 PM
That's not the point. The point is about NOT hoping people are debilitated. :earpoke:

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 01:56 PM
That's not the point. The point is about NOT hoping people are debilitated. :earpoke:

Nope, I want Moulds on the sideline. You're nuts. You can't sit here and tell me you'd rather face Derrick Blaylock (KC's backup) than Priest Holmes.

stuckincincy
10-22-2003, 02:08 PM
Sure I can. Homes is a tremendous player. It would be much less contest if he didn't play. Wadda you want...to see the cheeps square off against the Sisters of Mercy for each and every game?

Some fan of the NFL you are, pal.

gochiefs
10-22-2003, 02:10 PM
Uh, I just want my team to win. The Bills have a better chance of losing if Moulds is on the sideline, it's that simple. I really don't care how the Chiefs get the W, as long as they get it, that's all that matters.

stuckincincy
10-22-2003, 02:26 PM
gocheifs:

BIG difference between your wants and what the Chiefs organization is about. I've watched'em since 1960. They are a CLASS organization. You grossly misrepresent them. If U were to somehow weasel into their clubhouse and spout this win-at-all-cost-without-honor speil to them, 53 players, the staff, even the towel boy, would collectively and positively show you the error of your ways.

Since you claim KC fanship, I respectfully suggest you act accordingly. Over AND out.