Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Dillon demands TRADE ...........again.

Bengals: Dillon wants out

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
    Thursday, October 23, 2003

News
    Running back Corey Dillon broke his 12-day media silence on Wednesday, and he created some waves when doing so, the Cincinnati Enquirer reported. Dillon initially stirred the pot when the media overheard hiim telling a club official, "I want out. Trade me to Dallas." When the media swarmed for questioning, Dillon replied, "Beat it. I don't like you guys." However, the star back allowed two media members to accompany him to his locker. He told them, "Do I feel a little bit stepped on? Yeah, I do. Have I been feeling this way for a long time? Yes, I have. It has nothing to do with the new regime here, the coaches. This boils back to '97, and it's been like this for a long time with me." Dillon also said, "I would prefer to be somewhere where I'm appreciated...Wherever that might be, I don't know, but that's the first thing on my off-season list." Head coach Marvin Lewis later explained, "He feels he's not been treated very fairly by the m! edia. He feels like he doesn't get a fair shake no matter what he does, and he doesn't feel like he can defend himself. It ain't us, it's you guys." Dillon also responded to Lewis' comments, saying, "I want to be traded because the media keep talking about me? Come on, man, get real. You guys ain't my only problem, believe me. Coach is being coach. I don't know your conversation. I had a conversation, and I said what I said."

more -------> http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...ball&type=lgns
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Fine. Trade him to Arizona. He only wants to go to Dallas...Cincy is making a turn around...ditch him to the outpost...Arizona.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

What a crying sack of ****.

He had his chance to get out 2 years ago, then he signed an extension. I can see the 49ers going after him tho.

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

Saw 'em on tv last night. He's always been an odd guy, but not a clubhouse lawyer. I think TKO put the bug up 'em when the B'gals were in town.

I don't defend or attack the guy. He's a heck of an rb but I'm guessing he won't play anymore this season for 2 reasons. 1 - he's hurt - bad groin. And 2- coach Lewis is being diplomatic, but Dillon issued a near-Carl Pickens slap.
        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• gunzlingr
          • Jul 2002

Malcontent Dillon: I'm unappreciated

Corey Dillon has never been a good one at hiding his feelings. You know when he's happy, ticked off or frustrated.
          On Wednesday, the leading ground-gainer in Cincinnati Bengals history let it be known that he has had it with being under-appreciated, be it by the team, the fans or the media, and that he wants to play somewhere in 2004 that will given him the kind of appreciation he feels he deserves.

"I would prefer to be in a place where I'm appreciated. Now, however you want to take that, you guys are creative," said Dillon, leaving open the door to interpretation. "It could be anywhere, who knows? I'm just going to get to a place where I'm happy and I feel appreciated. You know what I'm saying? And where somebody can recognize my talents and I can achieve my goals. Now where that may be, I don't know, but that's the first thing on my offseason list."

more

You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
            • Oct 2002

As long as he isnt in the AFC east, doesnt matter to me where he goes..

Comment

Working...
            X