X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Seau apologizes for comment

Asked Wednesday how he would stop Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson, Dolphins linebacker Junior Seau said: ``You befriend him. Just kind of give him a couple of watermelons, load him up with fried chicken and say keep eating.''

But Seau later apologized, saying the comment should not be taken as racially insensitive.

''We eat that all the time,'' he said. ``We have fried chicken on Friday every [week]. I'm sorry you guys took it that way. That was an oversight on my part. I love the guy. I talk to him every week. I'm sorry it came out that way.''

Seau, of Samoan heritage, is by all accounts friends with Tomlinson, who is black. This week, Seau -- who came to Miami in April in a trade -- wore a Tomlinson jersey to the Dolphins' practice facility Wednesday -- a day after Tomlinson wore a Seau jersey in San Diego.

more

I say he should resign like Limbaugh! Sounds mighty racial to me.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • honey
    • Aug 2002

Originally posted by gunzlingr
    I say he should resign like Limbaugh! Sounds mighty racial to me.
    I personally think it's been blown way out of porportion, just like Limbaugh's remarks. Neither one of them should have to/have had to resign.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIK5F4zRN0Y

Comment

Working...
    X