• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Reese fined for contact with official

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) Buffalo Bills safety Izell Reese was fined $25,000 by the NFL for knocking over an official in a game against the New York Jets on Oct. 12.

Reese plans to appeal the fine, saying Thursday he was trying move the official out of the way to make a play.

"I was coming up for run support and putting my hands on his lower back, trying to guide him out of the way, because he never moved," Reese said. "It was a play I really couldn't avoid. ... I barely touched him and he fell over."

He wasn't penalized on the play.

The NFL said Reese made "impermissible physical contact with a game official."

WHAT??? That's BS.
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

So when the official is running interference for the offence of one team, the defensive player has to let the offensive player just keep going?
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• BradAlanMiller
      • Sep 2003

this is totally g to the izzay. although it probably won't hurt izell my nizells wallet much

still though..

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Well, if the official is part of the field then next time he should run him over and hurt him to make the play rather than just get him out of the way.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          Well, if the official is part of the field then next time he should run him over and hurt him to make the play rather than just get him out of the way.
          My feelings exactly, Eb - Izell should have smashed him good and gotten his money's worth.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            My feelings exactly, Eb - Izell should have smashed him good and gotten his money's worth.
            The fine would have been even more insane, then! $50,000? At least! Hell, the NFL would probably have suspended him.

at the No Fun League

But...It would have been more fun to watch Reese smash the :angry:ing Zebra to the ground anyways. If the players could tackle a fan on the field, why not tackle a referee when they are in the way?

Comment

• HotRod
              Addicted to squares...
              • Oct 2002

The refs ought to be fined for being in the way (unless an obvious attempt to move out of the way was made).

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Stupid!
                Stupid!
                Stupid!

These fat old men need to stay out of the way of the players.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HotRod
                  The refs ought to be fined for being in the way (unless an obvious attempt to move out of the way was made).
                  Couldn't agree more. Too often, the refs just stand there looking stupid. Maybe it's panic. You see people freeze up in the movies all the time. I was watching Superman a while back and the helicopter was hurtling towards the ground....and some lady was just standing in one spot, cowering....rather than getting the :angry: out of the way.
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                  X