PDA

View Full Version : It's Official, Travis Henry is a Bonehead

Typ0
09-29-2002, 12:34 PM
Bench his ass Greg! At least for a game.

Romes
09-29-2002, 12:47 PM
i think i agree typ0. i realize its early in the game but this is getting ridiculous

Typ0
09-29-2002, 12:59 PM
Watson too. We would have a good football team if we'd stop making so many mistakes.

clumping platelets
09-29-2002, 01:58 PM
clump :spanku: Travis Henry

BillsMan80
09-29-2002, 02:08 PM
BM80
:banned:
Travis Henry

casdhf
09-29-2002, 02:53 PM
I dont know why he's always moving the ball so much between one arm and the other. He's tearing them up when he actually holds it....keep the freakin' ball

lordofgun
09-29-2002, 03:31 PM
Other than the fumble, Henry had a great day.

SoCalBillsFan
09-29-2002, 03:32 PM
agreed log, he ran well, GW catch, good day outside the fumble.

that being said, he CANT keep fumbling the ball

Typ0
09-29-2002, 03:33 PM
Yeah but the fumble turned the game around and made it very painfull for us to win.

Kelly The Dog
09-29-2002, 04:43 PM
I'm a huge travis Henry fan but even late in the game, on one of his better runs, when he went into the line and bounced immediately to the left side of the field for a 10+ yard run and first down, he STILL swapped the ball between his hands in the middle of the field. I really don't know what to do but he clearly has to play. He's by far our best back. Bryson looked like Bryson always looks. He may break a long gain at any time, or he is worthless 90% of the time.

Buffalofan
09-29-2002, 04:57 PM
Note to coaching staff .... Taech this kid how to hold on to the ball !!

Valerie
09-29-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Typ0 Watson too. We would have a good football team if we'd stop making so many mistakes.
I didn't see the game but I haven't liked Watson for a few years. I can't figure out why the hell they kept him on the team. He should've been released two years ago!

Typ0
09-29-2002, 05:04 PM
What good is a punt catcher anyway?

Drewpac
09-29-2002, 05:17 PM
Henry is 10 times the runner that Bryson is. It was so painful watching them run Bryson in the second half. The guy has absolutely no running instincts or vision. The problem is, Henry looks like he's going to fumble it every time they hand it to him. I think this is going to be a problem throughout the season. It's too bad that Bryson isn't good enough to keep Henry on the bench.

WCoastFin
09-29-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
clump :spanku: Travis Henry

Travis Henry :spanku: Little girls :hitself:

Rebecky
09-29-2002, 09:08 PM
Judging by nfl.com's play by play --

When TH was benched, Bryson simply couldn't get the mileage. And Bryson, just like Henry, had one fumble.

TH appears to be by far the better rusher and better receiver -- without him coming back into the game, Buffalo would have lost.

Fumbilitis can be cured -- coaches can teach a RB the tricks of how to hold onto the ball -- just look at Portis in Denver.

Novacane
09-29-2002, 09:47 PM
Get him some stickem like lester hayes used to wear!

Bert102176
09-29-2002, 11:43 PM
I say Travis Henry and our 2nd pick in the 2004 draft to the Bungals for Cory Dillon if they would take it

northernbillfan
09-30-2002, 03:37 AM
No thanks to the above trade...

Henry was a little more conscious of holding on to the ball after the fumble, and yes, I did see him passing it from hand to hand later in the game.

His porblem is after a hit by more than one player. He doesn't cover the ball well enough going down, and it caused it to pop out. after the big mess up today, when he went down in a pile, TH did a great job of holding onto the ball, and protecting it.

But that is just MHO!

German
09-30-2002, 04:26 AM
Maybe the coaches should be allowed to slap him around a bit after a fumble. Just kidding.

Seriously, he's by far our best back but 4 fumbles in 4 games?
You just can't do that in this league.
It cost us (indirectly) the game last week and it almost cost us again this week.

He still put up some good numbers yesterday though.

I really liked how GW handled the situation. He benched TH for a while indicating that he doesn't like what he sees.
Later he puts him back in indicating that he's still our back.

Good job GW. Very sensitive. The last thing Henry needs is everybody yelling at him. That would ruin his cinfidence.
And you saw how Henry played after he got benched.

WG
09-30-2002, 05:42 AM
"without him coming back into the game, Buffalo would have lost."

If Henry hadn't fumbled, we would have been up 20 or 24 to NOTHING and this game would have been over comfortably at the half!

Henry, while he had a good day, is the ONLY reason why the Bears were in this game in the second half at all!

Think about it. They tie the game at 7 after their O does NOTHING for almost a half. After that, we still managed to score on the next two possessions to give us a 17-7 lead. On the drive that Henry fumbled, we were also well on our way to a score.

Henry cost us the Denver game and almost cost us this one too.

Bryson wasn't stellar. But he was better than Henry the past couple of weeks. Henry played a solid game today. Let's just hope it continues next week again when we need it and that he doesn't cough the ball up for 7 again.

I say let Henry do the bulk of the rushing but give Bryson some carries. Bryson is better on the corners.

Earthquake Enyart
09-30-2002, 06:34 AM
Oh, Oh. Drew is out of the wys woodshed, and TH is in.

I thought it was kind of funny that GW had every intention of benching TH until Bryson fumbled. Then he said, screw it, if they are both going to fumble, might as well play the better back.