PDA

View Full Version : I think this may really limit your offense on Sunday

gochiefs
10-23-2003, 04:30 PM
IMO this really swings things in the Chiefs receiever. Is Shaw any kind of deep threat?

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6745114

SportsLine.com wire reports

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Bills receiver Eric Moulds complained of soreness in his injured groin Thursday, and he wasn't sure whether he will be able to play against the Chiefs this weekend.

Advertisement

Moulds, the Bills' leading receiver, has been limited in practice and is listed as questionable for Sunday night's game.

Moulds has missed the last two games with a slight tear in his groin, which he hurt in a win over Cincinnati on Oct. 5.

"I want to play, but at the same time I've got to be smart because it's still a long season," Moulds said.

Voltron
10-23-2003, 04:40 PM
Well if our OC (who is a complete moron) decides that we are going to try and run the ball again I think Drew can pick your secondary apart because you will have to crowd the box and respect Travis. If we come out and just start to Chuck the ball then it is all over before the half.

BAM
10-23-2003, 04:44 PM
this stinketh. oh well we did it last week without him against a better D. Why not this week :)

gochiefs
10-23-2003, 05:02 PM
Uh, we have a much better defense than Washington, who is allowing 24.4 points per game. We allow 17.9 points per game.

You'll also be facing a much fiercer pass rush this week. Washington has 10 sacks this season, compared to KC's 18.

BAM
10-23-2003, 05:13 PM
I was looking at total overall defense. Washington is ranked before ya. But I guess you're right, points are what matters.

We'll be OK without him anyways :)

IF he doesn't play that is.

:gobills:

venis2k1
10-23-2003, 05:18 PM
I dont think anyone is gonna argue this team is nearly as good without Eric.

BAM
10-23-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
I dont think anyone is gonna argue this team isnt nearly as good without Eric.

Definately not! Eric is our main weapon. Sad to see him sitting on the sidelines the last couple games :(

Tatonka
10-23-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by gochiefs
Uh, we have a much better defense than Washington, who is allowing 24.4 points per game. We allow 17.9 points per game.

You'll also be facing a much fiercer pass rush this week. Washington has 10 sacks this season, compared to KC's 18.

washington allows less yards than you.. and is better at run defense too.. your defense is not better than washingtons.. i dont know why you kid yourself

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-PASSING/2003/regular?sort_col_1=8&_1:col_1=8

and 10 sacks to 18 sacks so far on the season..

that is 1.4 sacks a game to 2.6

i am sure that whole 1.2 sacks a game is really gonna just kill us.

ENDelt260
10-23-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
washington allows less yards than you.. and is better at run defense too.. your defense is not better than washingtons.. i dont know why you kid yourself

Wins and losses are determined by POINTS allowed, not YARDS allowed.

gochiefs
10-23-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by ENDelt260

Wins and losses are determined by POINTS allowed, not YARDS allowed.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Tonka you really don't get it. Would you be more satisfied if the Bills defense was allowing 24.4 points per game and 275 yards or 17.9 points per game and 375 yards?

kardshark19
10-23-2003, 07:06 PM
Washington has a much better secondary than the Chiefs, and a better linebacking corps. I couldn't believe that Reed played so well against Champ, who is one of the best, if not the best, cover corners in the league. And if one of you say that he is overrated, then I will never see any more credibility in your posts.

The one thing the Chiefs do have that we didn't see against the Skins is a pass rush. Now if our OLine, TEs and backs block the front 4 and all the blitzing LBs the Chiefs send, we can just as easily win this game as last weeks. If we get our running game going, and give Bledsoe some time, he will pick their secondary apart. Let's just hope Gilbride doesn't rescend to his old ways.

Chiefsfan59
10-23-2003, 08:07 PM
The one thing the Chiefs do have that we didn't see against the Skins is a pass rush. Now if our OLine, TEs and backs block the front 4 and all the blitzing LBs the Chiefs send, we can just as easily win this game as last weeks. If we get our running game going, and give Bledsoe some time, he will pick their secondary apart. Let's just hope Gilbride doesn't rescend to his old ways.

Your an idiot Billsboy, the Chiefs are 7-0 and playing at home!!! And you think you will just waltz right in and win? HA. You have a chance to win,I'm not doubting that, but you won't waltz in and win against the 7-0 Chiefs

BAM
10-23-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Chiefsfan59

Your an idiot Billsboy...

Now that wasn't very nice Chiefsfan.. tisk tisk.

(Attack the post not the poster) :nana:

justasportsfan
10-23-2003, 08:29 PM
This could work in our favor. This will limit Gilbrides pass happy offense and force him to run Henry just like we did against the Redskins.

BAM
10-23-2003, 08:29 PM
IMO this really swings things in the Chiefs receiever.

:scratch:

Disgustipatex
10-23-2003, 08:32 PM
Limit their offense? I think the word is "Destroy". Yeah, this will pretty much destroy their offense.

gochiefs
10-23-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by BradAlanMiller

:scratch:

LMAO I meant swing things in the Chiefs FAVOR....had receiever on the brain....

BAM
10-23-2003, 08:39 PM
Hahaha it's all good I know what ya meant.. Just being a smartas$ :)

TigerJ
10-23-2003, 08:59 PM
So, of what team are you a fan, Chiefsfan59? Your username and post are really quite confusing.

I haven't looked at stats so I won't argue them. I know the Chiefs made an effort to upgrade their defence in the offseason. I expect that they have succeeded. The only question is to what extent? Regarding the pass rush, I would argue that it depends a lot on matchups. Buffalo has a pair of big tackles. Jonas Jennings tops the scales at 325 and Mike Williams at 360. The Jets had 7 sacks vs. Buffalo in what is easily Buffalo's worst effort of the season. Shawn Ellis had good success working agains Mike Williams. He is a big guy like Eric Hicks, the Chiefs' left end. I don't know who is better, and I don't know if Mike's performance was an aberration or whether his struggles vs Ellis are a predictor of what Williams will do vs similar players. I only note the comparison and suggest that MW might want to be sure he's in full possession of his manhood Sunday night. Bryan Thomas, who subbed for John Abraham in the Jets game is a similar player to Abraham, smaller players who depend on quickness and speed. Vonnie Holiday doesn't make his living juking tackles or taking the scenic route around them, a la Bryan Thomas or Bruce Smith. He's a bull rusher, pure and simple. I suspect Jennings, who played guard in college and right tackle in his rookie year might generally have more success vs a stronger less agile bull rusher than a smaller quicker guy. That's only my conjecture though.

Regarding Moulds' absence, I agree it would be better to have him, and it definitely affects Buffalo's vertical passing game. The good news is that Bledsoe demonstrated that when his back is against the wall, he can look for the short receiver and get rid of the ball more quickly than he ordinarily likes to. Moreover, Gilbride showed that maybe he can call a game that relies heavily on the run. I would argue that those two developments are a more significant positive than the absence of Moulds is a negative. KC is a great team that we have to respect, but nobody is unbeatable. Even Dick Vermeil claims to have coached better teams than the 2004 Chiefs. I'm excited and optimistic that Buffalo is going to play a strong game.

BillsNick
10-23-2003, 09:08 PM
:blah:

gochiefs
10-23-2003, 09:14 PM
As an aside, I watched the higlights of the Bills-Skins game on Inside the NFL. All I have to say is don't expect us to fumble the ball at your one-yard line, nor should you expect Trent Green to fumble twice on one play. This team simply does not make mistakes like that.

Chiefsfan59
10-23-2003, 09:46 PM
tiger the reason you were confused is that the first paragraph was a quote from a guy here talking about the Chiefs. then I had to steer him in the right direction.

ryguy8161
10-23-2003, 10:15 PM
As an aside, I watched the higlights of the Bills-Skins game on Inside the NFL. All I have to say is don't expect us to fumble the ball at your one-yard line, nor should you expect Trent Green to fumble twice on one play. This team simply does not make mistakes like that.

Every team makes mistakes like that. It's just when and to what extent.

gochiefs
10-23-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by ryguy8161

Every team makes mistakes like that. It's just when and to what extent.

Sorry, the Chiefs haven't fumbled the ball that close to an opponent's goal line in a long time....I think we've only had one bad Weigmann-to-Green snap in the three years they've been playing together now.

I'm just saying, don't expect any gifts like the Skins gave you. No one on the Chiefs has a fumbling problem. We lost two all of last year, and we have lost only one this year.