PDA

View Full Version : How perfect does Drew need to be on Sunday?

RedEyE
10-23-2003, 07:48 PM
Drew needs to be on his A game vs the Cheifs Sunday. Statistically, KC seems fairly vulnerable to the pass giving up nearly 1700 passing yards (around 250 yards a game), and 8 receiving TDs so far this season. However, the Cheifs are extremely proficeint in causing turnovers. 13 INTs thus far this season ranking them second in the league to Minnesotta, and first in the league in total takeaways with 20.

shelby
10-23-2003, 07:52 PM
i have a great idea:

Run the :angry:ing ball!

BAM
10-23-2003, 07:54 PM
Another performance like last week's should suffice. I'm really liking our chances for this game if Drew stays on top of his game and the D steps it up again...

It doesn't seem like anyone else is giving us a chance in hell to win. That's what I like to see :)

RedEyE
10-23-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by shelby
i have a great idea:

i know, i know........It's something we would all like to see. In order for them to be abolutely sound in this game though, Drew has to be extremly accurate, especially without Moulds. As much as we would like to see the Bills Run the ball all night, they have to pass sometime.

RedEyE
10-23-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by BradAlanMiller
Another performance like last week's should suffice. I'm really liking our chances for this game if Drew stays on top of his game and the D steps it up again...

It doesn't seem like anyone else is giving us a chance in hell to win. That's what I like to see :)

The Bills chances lower as soon as Moulds doesn't play. No long threat.

shelby
10-23-2003, 07:59 PM
True.
Josh should be feeling confident after last week. Hopefully Drew will feel confident as well. i hate seeing him out there with that deer in the headlights look on his face.
i think Travis can get the job done if our OC will give him the chance.

gochiefs
10-23-2003, 08:08 PM
Lot of yards, not a lot of passing TDs....

Our rankings have lowered because we've faced a couple of top notch passing attacks in two of the last three weeks (Rod Smith and crew, and Favre).

IMO, you guys, even with Bledsoe, don't compare to some of the attacks we've faced. Your offensive line is pretty average too from what I hear. I think our pass rush will be able to get to Bledsoe.

If Moulds doesn't play you guys have to be pretty worried. And historically, Bledsoe doesn't play well at Arrowhead.

RedEyE
10-23-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by gochiefs
Lot of yards, not a lot of passing TDs....

Our rankings have lowered because we've faced a couple of top notch passing attacks in two of the last three weeks (Rod Smith and crew, and Favre).

IMO, you guys, even with Bledsoe, don't compare to some of the attacks we've faced. Your offensive line is pretty average too from what I hear. I think our pass rush will be able to get to Bledsoe.

If Moulds doesn't play you guys have to be pretty worried. And historically, Bledsoe doesn't play well at Arrowhead.

I'm not a huge fan of Bledsoe anyway, so it really doesn't matter where he plays.

Moulds won't play. I'm pretty certain of it, and yes that is a huge worry. I didn't pick the Bills to win this game healthy anyway, so I'd prefer it if they would just bench him and have him ready after the BYE.

Your team is hardly invincible. They have shown a lot of weakness in past weeks and will surely go through a slump sometime this season. I'd hate it for you if Preist Holmes sustained an injury, the Cheifs season would be over. Your best WR is your TE and Green is no glorious cup of tea.

gochiefs
10-23-2003, 08:23 PM
I didn't say we were invincible, but I don't consider the Bills that much of a threat, especially without Moulds.

socalfan
10-23-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
i know, i know........It's something we would all like to see. In order for them to be abolutely sound in this game though, Drew has to be extremly accurate, especially without Moulds. As much as we would like to see the Bills Run the ball all night, they have to pass sometime.

If Drew comes out like he did against the Jets, all is lost. Because KC will simply try to shut down the run to win the game. Drew still needs to hit targets.

Skatt8011
10-23-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by shelby
i have a great idea:

But if Henry fails.... then what, if Henry does nothing on his 1st 5 carries Gilbride and Gregg will panic and go all out passing!!!

gochiefs
10-23-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Skatt8011

But if Henry fails.... then what, if Henry does nothing on his 1st 5 carries Gilbride and Gregg will panic and go all out passing!!!

Really? That bodes well for us then, because in every game this season we've stopped the run cold early in the game. Jamal Lewis only had 24 yards rushing in the first half against us....Portis only had 31.

illusionone
10-23-2003, 09:49 PM
I think Bledsoe and the Buffalo Bills are going to rise to the occation, he is going to be the one to step up this week. Mark the words of ILLUSIONONE the bills will beat the Chiefs this weekend. Bills 4-4 Chiefs 7-1 get used to it because that is what the standing are going to like Monday Morning :-)

-ILLUSIONONE

illusionone
10-23-2003, 09:50 PM
i'm sorry Bills 5-3 Chiefs 7-1 (that took some of my thunder away :-(

RedEyE
10-23-2003, 09:50 PM
If we win, how does that make us 4-4 when we are currently 4-3, ol' high and mighty illusionone?

:snicker2:

RedEyE
10-23-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by illusionone
i'm sorry Bills 5-3 Chiefs 7-1 (that took some of my thunder away :-(

I see you located your error therfore I rescind my earlier comment.

Halbert
10-23-2003, 09:53 PM
Bledsoe is so overrated. He's 0-6 in night games under a 3/4 moon.

illusionone
10-23-2003, 09:59 PM
I'm glad the Bills are the under dog, I honestly think that Bledsoe needs the pressure this week and he is going to play great. There are times and will be times that Drew will have bad games, but what QB doesn't, it sounds like people want the perfect QB and that isn't going to happen. Look at the Patriots, they thought they had the 2nd coming in Brady and he ended up being a 1 hit wonder.

gochiefs
10-23-2003, 11:14 PM
Uh, Brady is pretty damn awesome if you ask me. He is still very young, and if you hadn't noticed the Pats are in first place in your division. Considering he has little talent at running back, he's doing a fine job, IMO. I think he's my favorite young QB right now, and I would want the Chiefs to take him in a heartbeat. I love his deep ball, he throws a great one.

Ickybaluky
10-24-2003, 06:55 AM
It is a little deceiving to say the Chiefs are rotten defending the pass, as those numbers get skewed because they had some games where an opponent threw for a lot of yards when his team fell way behind in the game. For instance, Tommy Maddox threw for 336 yards against the Chiefs, but had 3 interceptions while his team lost 42-20.

Yards aren't necessarily a good indication of pass defense because a team can throw for 150 yards in garbage time late in the game. A better indication of pass defense is yds/att. A good defensive team wants to let up less than 7 yds/pass attempt, and the Chiefs are at 6.55.

The way to beat the Chiefs is to run the football on them. That is what Denver did to them, and the only reason the Broncos lost is because of Dante Hall.

KC is surrendering 4.8 yds/att to opponent rushers. If Buffalo wants to beat them then Henry will carry the ball a ton.

Buffalo, incidently, leads the NFL in yds/pass att allowed.

Jan Reimers
10-24-2003, 11:51 AM
Drew, like most drop back, throw-from-the-pocket NFL QBs, needs a running game and a little pass protection. He's very good when he gets some help and isn't asked to throw 50 times a game.

Drewpac
10-24-2003, 12:01 PM
Bledsoe needs to be about 47-47 for 721 yards and 8 TD's for us to win. He also needs to have about 250 yards rushing with 3 TD's. And he needs to kick four 50-yard field goals. That should be perfect enough.

gochiefs
10-24-2003, 12:03 PM
George Blanda eat your heart out.