PDA

View Full Version : If Drew's not the guy

illusionone
10-23-2003, 10:08 PM
:huh:

OK- I was poking around and I read alot of posts and people do not think that Bledsoe is guy for the Buffalo Bills. So I thought it would be interesting an interestin debate to see who his criticsthink would be better (someone who is available) like Rob Johnson who just got released today :-)

Your thoughts....

Stewie
10-23-2003, 11:07 PM
If we cut Drew we don't get hurt with future bonuses because they accelerated to NE's cap when they traded him.

I think we could go for Brunell. I think he's got a couple years left, and if he's willing to come to Buffalo and the numbers work then why not? He'd make our OL look a lot better because of his ability to move around in the pocket and make plays.

I would have thought Brunell was a lock in Dallas, but I'm not sure they'll want to replace Quincy Carter. If QC can keep up his level of play, I think Brunell might go to the next best fit.

gochiefs
10-23-2003, 11:11 PM
You guys are NUTS! Bledsoe is easily a top five quarterback in his prime. Get him some protection and an offensive coordinatoor/play caller who does not have his head up his ass!

The Natrix
10-23-2003, 11:15 PM
I don't want to get rid of Drew but I do want to see a QB selected in the 1st or 2nd round in the 2004 draft

LtBillsFan66
10-23-2003, 11:19 PM
Once again, a non-Bills fan is needed to kick some sense into some of you.

The Natrix
10-23-2003, 11:27 PM
when you have Tent Green, every QB seems like a pro-bowler

gochiefs
10-23-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
when you have Tent Green, every QB seems like a pro-bowler

Hey now, I like Trent Green. He's pretty good, you can't argue with the numbers he put up last season, 26 TDs, only 13 INT, 61 percent completion percetange and 3700 yards. Doing it all with no 1,000 yard receiever.

Having said that if the Chiefs could have had Bledsoe three years ago I'd have taken him in a heartbeat. With the time our offensive line would have given him Bledsoe could seriously wreck some defenses. And Tony Gonzalez would be like Ben Coates on cocaine for Bledsoe.

The Natrix
10-23-2003, 11:38 PM
product of the system

chiefs will be exposed Sunday night, buddy

gochiefs
10-23-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
product of the system

chiefs will be exposed Sunday night, buddy

Product of the *****ing SYSTEM?

I guess you missed the numbers he put up in Washington his first year as a starter. 23 TD and 11 INT. They called him "The Sniper."

Dude doesn't have a great arm but he is very accurate and makes good decisions with the ball. He's also more mobile than a guy like Bledsoe. He's a solid QB. He certainly won't lose us any playoff games like Elvis Gr***** or Bono did.

venis2k1
10-23-2003, 11:45 PM
We could prolly get Harrington at a cheap price. I like bledsoe though.

gochiefs
10-23-2003, 11:47 PM
I guess fans in Buffalo are even more fickle about their QBs than KC fans are. We never *****ed about Montana, course we didn't have message boards in 92 and 93.

Did you guys ***** about Kelly?

Ingtar33
10-23-2003, 11:52 PM
all the time...

Half the time he was here they were calling for Reich to start. Or Todd Collins...

Critiquing the QB in buffalo is a sport.

gochiefs
10-24-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
all the time...

Half the time he was here they were calling for Reich to start. Or Todd Collins...

Jeez....I'm not even a Bills fan and Kelly is like my 3rd favorite QB of all time. I think he's probably the greatest field general since Unitas....Montana is my favorite QB of all time but the way Kelly led the troops and called his own plays in that K-Gun....whooooo.

kardshark19
10-24-2003, 12:06 AM
Now that Kelly is retired, I doubt there is a Bills fan out there that doesn't don him one of the greatest QBs out there, and my favorite of all time. Too young to ever see Unitas play, and Montana was queer. The greatest QB of my time, but queer.

gochiefs
10-24-2003, 12:07 AM
You think Super Joe played for the other team?

DraftBoy
10-24-2003, 12:12 AM
Bledsoe is not the man to lead us to the promised land, due to the fact that if he gets hurried he will make bad decisions, he is a good QB, but we need to draft one or make a play for one like a Shaun King or somebody.

lordofgun
10-24-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
Bledsoe is not the man to lead us to the promised land, due to the fact that if he gets hurried he will make bad decisions, he is a good QB, but we need to draft one or make a play for one like a Shaun King or somebody.

You think Shaun King is going to lead us to the promised land? :eek:

kardshark19
10-24-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by gochiefs
You think Super Joe played for the other team?

Nah, his wife was hot (of course, that doesn't guarantee he wasn't). But if he did switch hit, that's cool. He better not push those damn Fruit of the Looms on us again tho!

But I like tough QBs like Kelly, Elway, Favre. Montana was kind of wimpy, and well, queer. Lucky for him he had a great supporting cast in SF.

gochiefs
10-24-2003, 12:19 AM
Pfft. Screw you. Montana took a giant hit from Leonard Marshall that would have ended most quarterback's careers, and he came back like three months later during the season.

He played a playoff game at the age of 37 with an elbow swollen up to the size of a canned ham...and he dominated that game.

kardshark19
10-24-2003, 12:44 AM
You're right...he just converted to queerdom after going to the Chiefs. That was the majority of the time I saw him play. I saw his last two years in SF, and then the average at best career he had in KC. I admit he is probably the greatest QB of all time. Here are his stats at KC:

1991 Injured
1992 Chiefs G/S 1/0 Yds 126 Comp% 71.4 TDs/Ints 2/0 Rtng. 118.4 (shortened from injury)
1993 Chiefs G/S 11/11 Yds 2144 Comp% 60.7 TDs/Ints 13/7 Rtng. 50 87.4 (shortened from injury)
1994 Chiefs G/S 14/14 Yds 3283 Comp% 60.6 TDs/Ints 16/9 Rtng. 57 83.6 (not sure if he got injured, but probably)

gochiefs
10-24-2003, 12:48 AM
Montana only played two years in KC, 93 and 94.

In 93 the Chiefs were very close to going to the Super Bowl. I believe if Kimble Anders had caught a TD pass instead of letting it skip off his hands and be intercepted the Chiefs would have beaten Buffalo, providing Montana avoided the concussion that followed later in the game.

SoCalBillsFan
10-24-2003, 02:24 AM
Trent green is legit, I like him a lot.

I'm still willing to stick with bledsoe. He has his ups and downs, like any QB, but I think he can get the job done.

kardshark19
10-24-2003, 02:36 AM
Montana only played two years in KC, 93 and 94.

In 93 the Chiefs were very close to going to the Super Bowl. I believe if Kimble Anders had caught a TD pass instead of letting it skip off his hands and be intercepted the Chiefs would have beaten Buffalo, providing Montana avoided the concussion that followed later in the game.

1991 was just showing how things started to change. I thought he signed with the Chiefs in 1992. But I checked the Chiefs site, and guess my source was wrong. My mistake. It's strange how he just became so brittle after his stint with SF.

Trent Green is a great QB, and always seems to pick up as the season goes on. Last season, he stunk in the first few weeks. Towards the end, he was one of the hottest QBs in the league.

I like Bledsoe better tho.

BuffaloRanger
10-24-2003, 03:45 AM
Many Bills fans are never happy with their QBs. I remember being at Bills games when Kelly would throw an interception and the crowd would boo and scream "You suck, *******!" Next series he'd throw a great TD pass, same fans would be like "Kelly rules! He's a field general!!"

I think it has to do with the whole Buffalo inferiority complex thing.

Jan Reimers
10-24-2003, 06:26 AM
You guys are NUTS! Bledsoe is easily a top five quarterback in his prime. Get him some protection and an offensive coordinatoor/play caller who does not have his head up his ass!

Great call, gochiefs. You've got this one right.

The Spaz
10-24-2003, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Winfield_26

:lol:

Two4trippn
10-24-2003, 10:35 AM

Product of the *****ing SYSTEM?

I guess you missed the numbers he put up in Washington his first year as a starter. 23 TD and 11 INT. They called him "The Sniper."

Dude doesn't have a great arm but he is very accurate and makes good decisions with the ball. He's also more mobile than a guy like Bledsoe. He's a solid QB. He certainly won't lose us any playoff games like Elvis Gr***** or Bono did.

First things first, you've got to get into the playoffs before you can win. As Bills fans, we understand having QBs that couldnt win in post season recently, however there's still 9 games left.

gochiefs
10-24-2003, 11:14 AM
When the Chiefs are playing in the postseason this year (they will likely have homefield advantage, look at their schedule) I guarantee you it will not be Green who costs them a game. Likely it will be Eddie Kennison dropping a crucial pass or a dumb playcall by defensive coordinatoor Greg Robinson, or an equally dumb triple fake reverse on a 3rd and 1 by OC Al Saunders.

Drewpac
10-24-2003, 11:45 AM
I don't think Bledsoe will ever lead us to the SB but there really aren't many QB's out there that are better. I think Brunell would be an upgrade but remember what happened the last time we signed a Jax backup QB.:)
If Bledsoe could consistently play like he did this past weekend he would be fine. But, IMO he has too many horrendous games that he almost single-handedly loses for the Bills.

illusionone
10-24-2003, 04:16 PM
IMO he has too many horrendous games that he almost single-handedly loses for the Bills. [/B][/QUOTE]

What about Reed not catching the ball, or the line not giving Bledsoe 1 sec to throw the ball, or Henry not gaining more than 1 yard per carry. Yes Bledsoe holds on to the ball a bit too long some times, but he has an 82.3 % QB Rating and has thrown a low 5 pics to date and 2 of the pics were in junk time. I'm not saying he is the best QB in the league but to say he has single- handedly lost games for us...not so sure about that. I think he has single-handedly won more games for this team than he has lost. A high majority of the wins and loses have been the Team as a whole not just one player.

ILLUSIONONE

gochiefs
10-24-2003, 04:28 PM
Bledsoe's already led a team to the promised land...seriously, he is not the problem, you guys are friggin NUTS.

helmetguy
10-24-2003, 04:32 PM
Personally, I think Bledsoe's biggest flaw is that he tends to press; particularly when his supporting cast comes up MIA (as has happened more in his career than anyone would like to admit). Is that such a bad thing? I'd prefer a Bledsoe, Favre, McNair (now, not early on), and (yes) Green over ANY of those "phenom" media darlings that are out there right now. Guys like Vick, McNabb, Culpepper, Blake, Stewart...all very mobile, entertaining, athletic, but...ERRATIC!!!Low on consistency from PLAY TO PLAY, let alone week to week! The latter group all came from college programs where they WERE the sum total of the offense, with OCCAISIONAL help from the other skill positions. Anyone see that freshman from GT last night? Too much of a one man show...and Chan Gailey LOVES him! Go figure!

Skatt8011
10-24-2003, 04:46 PM
JEFF BLAKE!!!!!!

No jk Drew is the man who will be here when we win our first SB and when he retires!

KCWolfman
10-24-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
all the time...

At least you had average to great QBs to critique. Try it with Todd Blackledge, Steve Bono, and Dave Krieg for a while.

Billzz
10-24-2003, 07:39 PM
Drew is still learning like all QB's. Sometimes they stop listening aka. Marino or they lose the physical capabilities to keep playing.

Drew has all the right things except pressure time. It's not that he is trying to lose the game as much as trying to force it in and win the game.

Solution to problem is get a Oline that will give him time and let him pick em apart. Why do you think the team looked really good the first 2 games? Drew had time. Don't tell me it's because we had a dominant running game rofl.