Looks like Danny may be back in Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kardshark19
    I will splash the pot whenever the hell I want!
    • Aug 2002

Looks like Danny may be back in Washington

I knew when Rob was released, Spurrier wanted his little alter boy. But Sneider said anyone but him, so they brought in Hasslebeck. Looks like Spurrier is trying to sway Sneider to let him bring him in, and it appears to be working.

'Hello, Danny? This is Steve ...'

For Rob Johnson, it was time. And soon it might be time for ... you know who.
    Washington Redskins coach Steve Spurrier yesterday explained his decision to release backup quarterback Johnson, then said if replacement Tim Hasselbeck isn't up to speed next week the team could bring in Danny Wuerffel.
    Regarding Johnson, Spurrier wasn't available to comment Wednesday after cutting his only backup to Patrick Ramsey.
    "We just thought we upgraded our team at the quarterback position," Spurrier said yesterday.
    Asked how someone who hasn't thrown an NFL pass could be an upgrade, he replied, "We thought he could play a little better than Rob, simple as that."
    If you don't like your job, you don't strike; you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

"In the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the f**kin' rake."
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Re: Looks like Danny may be back in Washington

Asked how someone who hasn't thrown an NFL pass could be an upgrade, he replied, "We thought he could play a little better than Rob, simple as that."

This has got to be the most amusing thing I've read all week!!!!
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

Working...
    X