PDA

View Full Version : I don't follow the Chiefs,

mybills
10-24-2003, 08:07 PM
How many blow out games have they had this year?

KCWolfman
10-24-2003, 08:23 PM
What is a blow out?

We have yet to assert dominance at the beginning of any game. It seems as though the second half we come alive. I believe that is due to Dlines wearing out on Holmes.

We doubled up SD by the end of the game (27-14)
We fell behind by 17 against Pit, but doubled up their score as well (41-20)
We killed Houston, but didn't roll until the second half (42-14)
We squeeked by BAL at BAL (17-10)
We pulled off another historically close game against den (24-23)
Beat GB in OT (40-34)
And kept OAK out of the endzone at the end of regulation to win (17-10)

KC has never historically blown out teams. This will be a close dogfight to the end.

mybills
10-24-2003, 08:52 PM
I was curious what ESPN meant when they said, "KC has been winning every game, but only God knows why"...maybe the first part of your answer explains it best. I watched the Raiders game and KC looked like NE...winning on pure luck!

LMB
10-24-2003, 08:58 PM
They seem like the Bears of a few years back. They caught every break in evry game then were man handled in the playoffs.

gochiefs
10-24-2003, 09:05 PM
Denver had a hell of a lot more breaks in our game with them. They fumbled the ball five times and recovered four. We only got one. We also dropped an interception.

The only real "breaks" we've gotten have been two returns for TDs that won games and a muffed punt by the Raiders.

Also the Bears won a bunch of games on last-second hail mary's...we haven't needed a single last second play to seal any victory...in three of our four close games the defense has sealed each win before the offense starts taking some knees. Green Bay was in OT.

Bad comparison.

mybills
10-24-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by gochiefs

The only real "breaks" we've gotten have been two returns for TDs that won games and a muffed punt by the Raiders.

So in reality, you should only be 4-3 like us? :snicker:

gochiefs
10-24-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by mybills

No, because those breaks didn't win the game. In all three instances there was football to be played afterwards. In the Denver game there was over eight minutes.

Apparently you guys just suck. :biggrin:

mybills
10-24-2003, 09:23 PM
Funny, of all the scores posted above, there's no 0's or 3's on the right. Ya know, a true blow out game! But you must be right, the Bills must suck, just like they did at their opening game! :scratch:

KCWolfman
10-24-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by LMB
They seem like the Bears of a few years back. They caught every break in evry game then were man handled in the playoffs.

Or the Patriots two years ago with some squeakers and a loss to the Benguls.

How did they end up?

KCWolfman
10-24-2003, 09:28 PM

Good teams win close games. Ask the Rams of 2000 and their shaves with the Saints

mybills
10-24-2003, 10:23 PM
I don't have to ask them, the Bills have done it enough times. ;)

KCWolfman
10-24-2003, 10:29 PM
I don't have to ask them, the Bills have done it enough times. ;)
Excellent point. During your four year "tenure", your team certainly wasn't the absolute best the entire 48 months. However, your team coalesced and made the best of the breaks that occurred. And EVERY game has breaks that can be utilized. The Chiefs have done just that, they have utilized every available moment.

We have heard for three seasons we are one-dimensional with only Holmes. We have listened while we have produced one of the best TEs in the game today, while we have a NFL record setting punt returner, while we have a QB who has thrown more and more accurately every season, and while our "bend but don't break" defense has improved dramatically with the addition of Sims, Holliday, and Barber.

Believe me, the chip on our shoulder is as big as yours. And while I hold no grudges against a non-divisional opponent (even if you did smoke our butts in the AFC Championship game) and I certainly don't want any injuries on either side - our team has just as much to prove as yours does.

mybills
10-24-2003, 10:38 PM
I think it's a good match up. We shall see! I too, :pray: for no injuries at all. Looking forward to the posts here in post game, no matter which way it goes! ;)

:gobills:

WG
10-24-2003, 10:45 PM
The way to look at this is this way;

The Chiefs haven't scored fewer than 17 in any game this year and consistently put up some points and often against solid Ds. THey've hit 40 three times.

We, the Bills, haven't put up 17 in regulation in most of our games this year and in our last 5 games only did it against the Skins who are five times as bad as KC is. Over our last five games we've averaged about 11 PPG and vs. teams much worse than KC other than Miami where we didn't score a single offensive point.

So the question becomes what makes us all believe that we're all of a sudden, on the road, at night where Drew hasn't fared well, vs. a team that will definitely finish above .500 another situation where Drew hasn't won a game in Buffalo yet, w/ the crowd noise which figures to be significant, are we all of a sudden gonna hit a homer and put up much more than we have been or anything close to what we put up last week, at home, vs. a far worse team, while, the Chiefs draw a blank?

B/c if we only hit 17, it'll take a minor miracle if we win it. The odds of us scoring much more than that are not good.

Not to mention, KC is a shoe-in playoff team and will finish above .500. We have not beaten a team that is a .500 team in the Bledsoe era other than the Pats in very extenuating circumstances in week 1. Frankly, I'm not sure we'd come close to beating them again right now and I'll predict right now that it's gonna be another disaster just like game one last year in week 17.

gochiefs
10-24-2003, 10:52 PM
Is this reality or are you overly pessimistic. The way you are talking I really like our chances!

mybills
10-24-2003, 10:56 PM
Is this reality or are you overly pessimistic. The way you are talking I really like our chances!

Tell me about it! :rolleyes:

Wys, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NFL!!!!!!

so knock it off, will ya? :slap:

WG
10-24-2003, 11:14 PM

Tell me about it! :rolleyes:

Wys, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NFL!!!!!!

so knock it off, will ya? :slap:
Sure, anything can happen, but again, the chances are remote given all the things gone wrong this season thus far. Again, since we haven't beaten a team that has finished the year above .500 other than Miami under Lucas and NE in that extremely unusual game this season, what makes you think that all of a sudden it's gonna happen?

I was highly optimistic at the beginning of the season gc.

I trusted Donahoe and Williams that Pucillo was ready for the bigtime and trusted their decisions to sit Sullivan. Boy was I foolish.

I trusted them too that what they said about our front 7 and was buned again.

Our lines suck. IMO it all flows from there. At the beginning of the season I figured 11-5 or 12-4 providing numerous things that have not occurred. Gilbride is still making poor decisions. Williams has serious issues. Our STs really hasn't performed up the standard it did in preseason. Bledsoe's started this season just the way he finished the last ten games of last season averaging less than a TD/game. Posey's not as good as we were led to believe. It's painfully obvious now that Fletcher can't cover anyone. That Denney's a bust. That Kelsay isn't good enough to step into an "open" DE spot. That Adams is tremendously overrated and relying on his name for recognition.

There's more, but those are the major ones. We simply aren't a team that's going anywhere this season. Even if we correct a few of those factors for a game, the others always hold us down.

I was awaiting the outcome of the Skins game before making an assessment for this year. What I saw was a lackluster effort against a team that had absolutely no D, no balance on O, and was also in the midst of coaching issues. If we were any good we should have put up more than we did and more impressively. When you're pulling out all the stops and trying odd plays vs. the Skins, you know you're in trouble. I understand why we did, b/c GW's on the hot seat and it would have been mutiny if we had lost. Nevertheless, there are too many issues for us to beat a team like your Chiefs, on SN, in KC, etc.

Yes you're overrated as you're not a 7-0 team practically. But you're not that bad that we're gonna overcome all that beplagues us to beat you at Arrowhead.

When you watch the game, keep an eye on Drew and tell me if you still think he's a top 5 QB on Monday. Also watch Adams and tell me if you think he's anything other than very average.

gochiefs
10-24-2003, 11:32 PM
The last three or so years Adams has been nothing but a big fat slob who gets winded and gassed late in games. He's out of shape. His glory years were with Baltimore...he's good for stopping the run early in the game I suppose, but even that may not be true as he will be going up against a very good offensive line.

I really like Bledsoe, and I will watch him. Too be honest he is in a bad situation, especially with Moulds sitting out this one.