• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsOwnAll
    My IQ Test results came back negative
    • Oct 2002

KC game....we can win...

KC is good but they are not GREAT...no way they go 16-0...they won many close games this year and if your defense is fired up i dont think the preist will get much.and if we can get henry to run for over 100 i think well win! they have a good defense but i tyink bledose can tame them and we can pull this one out! its gonna be a close game.
  • Wys Guy
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Re: KC game....we can win...

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
    KC is good but they are not GREAT...no way they go 16-0...
    We're not good and nowhere near great. No way we go 8-8 this year.

So let's see, where do we put our money?

The team that's 4-3 and destined for 6-10 to 7-9 or the team that's 7-0 and headed for 12-4?

Just b/c KC is 16-0 doesn't mean that we're gonna be the team to beat them first.

I hope we do, but I guess I don't understand the rationale that says we have a good chance with so many things lining up against us. Honestly, what plusses do we have that aren't negated by greater plusses on KC?

What, they have a crap D? So what! We couldn't put up more than 16 v. Cincy in regulation, only 24 v. a worse Skins team w/ no DL, and only 3 v. a Jets team far from possessing of a solid D. If all we do is 16 or 20 we're finished in this game.

I hate to say it, but those are the facts. I guess part of me is puzzled as to why more people aren't miffed that the team that Donahoe built is no where near as good as billed and as we've been told our individual players would be.

One of those things I guess I'll never understand. :)
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• madness23
      • Apr 2003

If the lousy Raiders can almost beat them....

Comment

• gochiefs
        • Nov 2002

Originally posted by madness23
        You obviously didn't watch that football game. The Chiefs defense dominated it for 54 minutes. HORRIBLE calls stopped Chiefs drives that were headed to the end zone. Just really disgusting pass interference calls on Tony Gonzalez.

Then our IDIOT defensive coordinatoor decided to let all our DBs drop back into off coverage for the last five minutes when the Raiders rolled up about 200 yards of offense....

Comment

• Wys Guy
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness23
          That was a divisional game as well. You know how those go.

I'd really like to think we have a chance. W/ good coaching I'm sure we would. But there are just too many things that don't line up right. If the Chiefs get into some sort of zone at home on SN, then it could get ugly really fast.

Once Gilbride abandons the run and lets Drew pass 3 out of every 4 plays that's the kiss of death and you can count on bad things happening at that point. If by some strange stroke we can keep ourselves in it until the 4th Q, we'll be fortunate.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

I always believe Buffalo can win. To do it vs KC they have to take care of the ball on offence and follow the offensive formula they used last week vs. Washington. It would help immensely if the Oline cut down on holding penalties and personal fouls. They still had a problem with that last week. The defence has to play to its potential too. I think talent wise these two teams are pretty even. Gregg Williams has had his coaching ups and downs, but he is capable of coaching a good game. If it all comes together, yes, Buffalo can beat KC. Is it the most likely outcome of Sunday's game? Obviously not, but neither should it be a total shock.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Wys Guy
              • Jul 2002

Maybe you're right. But I see a team that will be overmatched. I don't put nearly as much credence in the Skins win as most, obviously. I had no idea how bad the Skins were until they played us and I watched. That's the first game I've seen them this year other than highlights down here in the DC area. Which is often, too often. LOL

The Skins have no DL-men worth a turd whereas the Chief line is solid if nothing else. Simms is playing very well in his second season too. Many poo-poo'd him on these boards, but I'm not sure they've seen him play. I haven't seen much, but from what I have seen, he's very good already. Teague and Pucillo v. Simms is gonna be really interesting.

You say Williams is capable of coaching a good game, but I'm not so sure. To date under him we still haven't beaten a team like KC in a season and a half. I guess I just don't see what that would change.

I'll be happy if we can keep it close thru 3 and not lose by more than 10. Even 10-0 would show something given that KC has a top O. GW is capable of "coaching a good game" when there's no someone too competent opposite him. Vermeil is very good.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy

Once Gilbride abandons the run and lets Drew pass 3 out of every 4 plays that's the kiss of death and you can count on bad things happening at that point.
                Bingo.

Gilbride will always be Gilbride. And if we get a lead, GW will call some incredibly stupid trick play. Count on it.
                The odds are so stacked againt us with this coaching staff in hostile territory, I don't know how anyone in their right mind could pick the Bills to win. Yeah we could win. And McGahee's knee could be totally healed too. The Sabres could win the Cup too.
                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• G. Host
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2002

KC Chiefs are not undefeatable

Even Joe Theismann said this and he is not the sharpest tool in the shed. He was fairly complimentary to Bills which is very unlike himself even on a ESPN game.

Despite their undefeated record, the Chiefs are clearly not invincible. They could've been beaten by any of the previous four teams they played. The Bills are hoping to capitalize on that.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

LOL TH!

You forgot Dean becoming the next president too.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BradAlanMiller
                      • Sep 2003

Re: KC game....we can win...

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
                      KC game....we can win...
                      I agree.
                      "Any given sunday..." just keep that in mind.

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gochiefs

You obviously didn't watch that football game. The Chiefs defense dominated it for 54 minutes. HORRIBLE calls stopped Chiefs drives that were headed to the end zone. Just really disgusting pass interference calls on Tony Gonzalez.

Then our IDIOT defensive coordinatoor decided to let all our DBs drop back into off coverage for the last five minutes when the Raiders rolled up about 200 yards of offense....
                        Wait a minute here...you and your buddy posted in my thread that KC is more of a second half team. I only watched the second half of that Raiders game and KC looked like crap. I don't get it...are these excuses or facts? cause like I said in that thread, I don't follow the Chiefs!
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Less than 24 hours to finally find out what the Bills have.

Either we keep this game close or we're not as good as many of us thought, that's all there is to it.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

god wys.. when the bills win this game, i am gonna come back and push all the crap you posted about our team being 6-10 back to the top of the forum so everyone can see how distorted your views are.

i am irritated just reading this thread.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                              Less than 24 hours to finally find out what the Bills have.

Either we keep this game close or we're not as good as many of us thought, that's all there is to it.
                              judging from your posts, you shouldnt use the word WE.. i swear i just cant see why you even watch the games.. is it fun for you to never be excited about the bills? your sure they are gonna lose every week.. and then when they do win.. like against the skins, you say.. skins sucked, so.... or sam adams gets a td and we beat NE.. and you say, they were in a fog.. and sam will never do that again..

i really just dont get you at all man.. i want to believe your a fan, but all i ever see is negative negative negative..

it is one thing to critique on certain areas and to be realistic while still being hopeful.. but you just seem to dog every aspect of the team.. except for spikes.. you love that guy.. along with henry (after he started playing well) and bryson and rob johnson (even though he never played well).. but other than that.. the rest of the team sucks..

honestly.. how is it fun to be a fan of the bills if you think the entire team sucks and the coaches suck.. and the front office sucks?

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X