PDA

View Full Version : NFL Begins Back - Testing for THG

RedEyE
10-25-2003, 06:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1646434

The NFL will not only begin testing for the previously undetecdable steriod THG, but now they will also back test player samples that passed initial testing in the past.

Is this fair? I think so

Who should be concerned? I think that David Boston will turn up HOT, and Michael Pittman is certainly questionable as well.

Anyone else want to make a guess?

KCWolfman
10-25-2003, 07:08 PM
How can it not be fair?

Here's the deal. I will pay you millions of dollars as long as you:

1. Produce
2. Stay entertaining
3. Don't get in trouble with the law
4. Don't take enhancing drugs

What is so hard to achieve from the above? These guys knew when they took them that they could be busted - I don't have a drop of sympathy - even if it turned out to be someone from my own team.

And on that note - Goodbye Dave Boston and Bill Romanowski.

Cntrygal
10-25-2003, 07:14 PM
I agree with all 4 of those points KC! BUT, I think Romo will dodge the bullet, unless he's decided NOT to retire. Pittman may dodge it too, if he ends up serving jail time.

KCWolfman
10-25-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
I agree with all 4 of those points KC! BUT, I think Romo will dodge the bullet, unless he's decided NOT to retire. Pittman may dodge it too, if he ends up serving jail time.

If he doesn't, he can blame it on his wife and her friend like he did the last time in denver.

WG
10-25-2003, 07:35 PM
I'm sure Romo's had enough to the extent that his brain tissue has been replaced by solid muscle.

WG
10-25-2003, 07:48 PM
I can tell ya this for sure, Gregg Williams won't get busted...

:scared:

Maybe for Estrogen!

BuffaloRanger
10-26-2003, 03:18 AM
How can they get busted if THG wasn't on the banned substance list? They aren't going back and checking for Ephedra are they? No.

There is no quantifiable proof it is a steroid.

And news flash, if the difference between keeping your job and losing it means taking steroids, steroids will win everytime.

BuffaloRanger
10-26-2003, 03:19 AM
Are you forgetting T Owens? Good Genetics is one thing, but he looks just as much a freak as Boston.

KCWolfman
10-26-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
How can they get busted if THG wasn't on the banned substance list? They aren't going back and checking for Ephedra are they? No.

There is no quantifiable proof it is a steroid.

And news flash, if the difference between keeping your job and losing it means taking steroids, steroids will win everytime.

The NFL circumvented that problem some time ago.

Laws are very specific (for good reason) when indicating which drugs are illegal and which aren't. Specific chemical formulas are even stated in said laws.'

Designer drugs circumvent the laws by changing the molecular structure slightly while keeping the benefits (?) off the primary basic structure.

The NFL is not condemned to act by law. They have a list of specific substances, regardless of the molecular combinations. The benefits (?) of a designer drug is that unless specific testing is ordered for that drug, it can (and usually is) be missed. However, that doesn't change the fact that the banned substance is contained within the new substance.

And yes, Tetrahydrogestrinone is an anabolic steroid. It is merely hidden by extra structures contained therein. If it weren't a steroid, why would athletes take it?

As far as Terrell Owens, or any other player, tough luck.

NoRing4U
10-26-2003, 08:43 AM
David Boston? :up:

KCWolfman
10-26-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by NoRing4U
David Boston? :up:

Being a division rival, I would say "Test him first". But he has screwed his team up so badly with his poor attitude and play, I want him as an available player until after we get them at Arrowhead this year.

BillsFever
10-26-2003, 09:01 AM
I think Brian Moorman or Doug Flutie will get popped first.

The Spaz
10-26-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever
I think Brian Moorman or Doug Flutie will get popped first.

:lol: Well Moorman may have some of that stuff in his leg possibly!:)

Valerie
10-26-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever I think Brian Moorman or Doug Flutie will get popped first.
:lmao: Have you seen Moorman up close? I'm bigger than he is! No way he's taking anything.

BTW, how can you guys tell just by looking at a player that they are taking steriods?:idunno: I wouldn't be able to even guess who could be taking them and who isn't. I guess the only way to really tell, without tests is to have a full body examination. I've heard that prolonged use of steriods shrinks the male sex organ. lol

The_Philster
10-26-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
I guess the only way to really tell, without tests is to have a full body examination. I've heard that prolonged use of steriods shrinks the male sex organ. lol

You volunteering to do the examinations?

KCWolfman
10-26-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7

:lmao: Have you seen Moorman up close? I'm bigger than he is! No way he's taking anything.

BTW, how can you guys tell just by looking at a player that they are taking steriods?:idunno: I wouldn't be able to even guess who could be taking them and who isn't. I guess the only way to really tell, without tests is to have a full body examination. I've heard that prolonged use of steriods shrinks the male sex organ. lol

Jaded - This is Dave Boston now at 240 lbs
http://epalecek.com/osu/boston-minicamp.jpg
and he has weighed this much for 2 years

Dave Boston of three years ago weighed 180 lbs.

You don't put on 60 pounds of muscle in one year without some sort of supplement. It would also explain Boston's poor and aggressive attitude over the last 18 months and his propensity to injury.

Steroids build up inner muscle without doing much to the striated outer muscles - lending the greater chance of hernia and strained limbs (also note that the heart is a muscle that is not overlooked by steroids - which is why the continued usage of steroids exponentially increases your chance for a myocardial infarction).

Also steroids are a lot like pot. No matter how much you take, it stops working after awhile. Once your cell receptors are filled, there is no place else for the steroids to go except to the organs. Which is why so many muscle heads like Lyle Alzado suffer from kidney failure, overproduction of mutated cells (cancer), and decreased size in glands like the prostate.

What is ironic is most of these idiots (excluding professional athletes - they are in it for the cash) get involved to cheat and build mass fast to impress the girls. Then once they start, they no longer have any interest in the opposite sex due to the drug.

BuffaloRanger
10-26-2003, 11:09 AM
What happens if 70 players get popped? Does the NFL come clean or brush it under the rug?

Heck if 30 players came up hot, that would be such a PR problem for the NFL.

Skip Towne
10-26-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster

You volunteering to do the examinations? That would be Gochiefs job. He was dubbed "Meatpeeker" on Chiefs Planet.

KCWolfman
10-26-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
What happens if 70 players get popped? Does the NFL come clean or brush it under the rug?

Heck if 30 players came up hot, that would be such a PR problem for the NFL.

Several already are being subpeonaed, including Johnny Morton from my team and a plethora of raiders *Nelson Muntz - HAHA*.

What is, is. If it is a rule, don't break it. It can't get easier than that.