PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry is a Fumbler

Halbert
10-25-2003, 06:53 PM
... is the exact opposite of what this thread is about.

6 games, 127 rushes, 14 receptions, 1 fumble, 0 fumbles lost.

Problem solved.

RedEyE
10-25-2003, 06:56 PM
I think you may have just jinxed him. :shakeno:

gochiefs
10-25-2003, 06:59 PM
We excel at stripping the ball. :D

Cntrygal
10-25-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
I think you may have just jinxed him. :shakeno:

I agree. :(

And didn't he lose 2 in the Jets game? Or was one recovered???

gochiefs
10-25-2003, 07:33 PM
Bledsoe should be the one you should be worried about. He's fumbled five times and lost two of them.

Henry has fumbled twice and lost one...

WG
10-25-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by gochiefs
We excel at stripping the ball. :D

You sure didn't excel at it last season in our game!

One TO from Drew late in the game. Cost us the game however, nonetheless, no FUMs.

GREAT post Halbert!!

We'll see if it holds, but he seems to have answered the call here this year. At that rate, almost 400 carries and he'd have only 3 FUMs. Very average indeed.

gochiefs
10-25-2003, 07:46 PM
The Chiefs have caused eleven fumbles this season...we've only recovered seven, however. I bet Henry fumbles one away this game....

Doc
10-25-2003, 07:54 PM
Henry has fumbled once and lost none. Check your stats. As for fumbling this game, anything could happen. Holmes could fumble as well.

gochiefs
10-25-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Doc
Henry has fumbled once and lost none. Check your stats. As for fumbling this game, anything could happen. Holmes could fumble as well.

Check YOUR stats....he lost a fumble in the opening game against New England according to the gamecenter on NFL.com...and he fumbled another one that was recovered by the Bills in some other game.

Holmes fumbled against Denver in the waning moments. His next fumble will come after another 350 touches or so.

ryguy8161
10-25-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by gochiefs

Check YOUR stats....he lost a fumble in the opening game against New England according to the gamecenter on NFL.com...and he fumbled another one that was recovered by the Bills in some other game.

Holmes fumbled against Denver in the waning moments. His next fumble will come after another 350 touches or so.

Nope, it was overruled by the NFL and was called a fumble by Bledsoe.

gochiefs
10-25-2003, 08:18 PM
OK then....I would be more worried about Bledsoe then. Especially when you factor in our pass rush and your line....and big Vonnie....

madness
10-25-2003, 08:38 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't notice you had a pass rush last game.

gochiefs
10-25-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by madness23
I'm sorry, I didn't notice you had a pass rush last game.

We are sixth in the league in sacks with 18. And we were in Gannon's face all day....

Unless you are referring to last year's Chiefs-Bills game...in which case your argument is completely invalid.

TigerJ
10-25-2003, 09:19 PM
The Chiefs have excelled at causing turnovers this year. Buffalo does need to take care of the ball. The Chiefs do however give up yardage. If Buffalo can hold on to the ball, we should be able to score some points. Henry has not had as many fumbles. That's good. However to this point in the season he hasnt had nearly as many carries as last season, which means some might consider the jury is still out on him. I'm hopeful that last year was an aberration for Henry, but I do think it will be a while before we can be sure.

WG
10-25-2003, 10:54 PM
How have the Chiefs been at stopping opponents in the red zone?

B/c Drew is the master of racking up meaningless yards but struggles in the RZ. I can easily see us getting tons of yards with only 10 or 13 points. Yardage doesn't equal points or wins. We all know that a team can easily add 100 or 150 yards on 2 or 3 drives v. a prevent D to make their yardage totals seem decent, but they don't usually put the ball into the EZ.

gochiefs
10-25-2003, 11:03 PM
It's pretty obvious how our red zone defense has done this year. We've given up a lot of yards but not a lot of points....case closed.

Denver had a first and goal at the 4. Three runs later it was fourth down and time for a FG. That was a huge series of plays in that game.