PDA

View Full Version : hypocrisy in todays society

Billsouth
10-26-2003, 10:42 AM
rush limbaugh makes a comment about the nfl wanting blak qb's to do well and is crucified by the media.

junior seau says the way to stop tomlinson is to "feed him fried chicken and watermelon" and you dont even hear about it in the media.

had rush limbaugh or any other white male made such a comment then losers like wesley clark would be calling for him to lose his job. where are they now?

this reminds me of the feminists who did absolutely nothing when bill clinton used his power to get oral sex from an intern.

this is sad!!!!

The_Philster
10-26-2003, 10:44 AM
The only thing wrong with that comparison is this...
Since when were Rush and McNabb buddies? Seau and Tomlinson are ex-teammates and the comment he made was taken as a joke by Tomlinson.

Billsouth
10-26-2003, 10:46 AM
so its ok to make such comments if they are jokes?

ask fuzzy zoeller how well that goes over.

The_Philster
10-26-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Billsouth
so its ok to make such comments if they are jokes?

ask fuzzy zoeller how well that goes over.

Were Fuzzy and Tiger buds for a few years before he made that comment?

Sabre Ally
10-26-2003, 10:50 AM
What does this thread have to do with the Bills?

Billsouth
10-26-2003, 10:51 AM
actually they had a good relationship.

do u seriously think that the only difference is that they were former teamates?

ask kerr collins about his crucifiction in NC when he made comments about one of his "buddies" and black receivers

while that would be great if u were right, i just dont think it is so.

Billsouth
10-26-2003, 10:52 AM
it has more to do with football then a lot of the @#$@% that is posted on this site.

The_Philster
10-26-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Billsouth
ask kerr collins about his crucifiction in NC when he made comments about one of his "buddies" and black receivers

Point taken :up:...but we're still comparing Apples to Oranges when you bring up Rush. He's known for making off the wall statements. He probably would have been driven off the show eventually anyway.

KCWolfman
10-26-2003, 10:57 AM
Actually Seau was speaking of a friend, not truly criticizing him. I don't think the comparison is fair.

However, Warren Sapp was asked about the situation after it occurred and he was quoted as saying white athletes are the ones who are overrated.

There is a double standard when it comes to the PC bashing the majority and speaking their prejudices, I just don't think that the Seau situation is a good one to use.

If you want to point out double standards, use Sapp's comments, Jesse Jackson's, or Paul Tagliubue for his horrible decision to fine the Lions for not interviewing black coaches.

Billsouth
10-26-2003, 11:00 AM
i agree that rush is more controversial to begin with.

this is similar to the crap that is going on with izell reese. he moves an official out of the way during a game and gets tagged with 25k. warren sapp bumps officials, taunts everybody and does not get fined for weeks and only 50k for that (much lower percentage of income than reese)

ready for the joke, i am watching espn right now and warren is calling the league "slave masters". hence he is playing the same bs race card. what a #$^@ joke.

Billsouth
10-26-2003, 11:04 AM
how ironic that this race issue is being discussed on espn. jackson says he sick of talking about race and young says the calling the league slave masters offensive.

does anyone think sapp will be fined for calling the white owners slave masters or that the media will pick it up.

what if gregg williams referred to his black players as slaves.. what would happen.

We must stop tolerating this #$%#

The_Philster
10-26-2003, 11:11 AM
I saw all that too, BillsSouth. Sapp only makes himself look stupid by saying this. :cynic:

kgun12
10-26-2003, 11:53 AM
Billssouth it's the same old same old. Democrats can do and say whatever they want. (great point about the feminists) and think it's FINE, but if a Republican does anything , NO MATTER HOW TRUE it is, they get killed by the liberial media and the dems. The worst part is when we bring these things up, we are asked "what's this got to do with the Bills, it's old news, it's not the same we should be band for the boards", and on and on. Plain and simple it's a F#@KING DOUBLE STANDARD! This is way there is SO much racial tension. The truth hurts. Tell me how well McNabb is doing this year!, but Rush is a racist!

venis2k1
10-26-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by kgun12
Billssouth it's the same old same old. Democrats can do and say whatever they want. (great point about the feminists) and think it's FINE, but if a Republican does anything , NO MATTER HOW TRUE it is, they get killed by the liberial media and the dems. The worst part is when we bring these things up, we are asked "what's this got to do with the Bills, it's old news, it's not the same we should be band for the boards", and on and on. Plain and simple it's a F#@KING DOUBLE STANDARD! This is way there is SO much racial tension. The truth hurts. Tell me how well McNabb is doing this year!, but Rush is a racist!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/misc15.jpg

:teeth:

helmetguy
10-26-2003, 12:39 PM
I could give a crap WHO makes the statement! Black/white/persimmon...it doesn't make one iota of difference. I never knew that there was an inalienable right of freedom from being insulted/offended.

Why is it okay for Sapp to say that the NFL is acting like slavemasters for fining him for being ignorant? Isn't that racism? When Al Sharpton, or Jesse Jackson, or Louis Farrakhan makes a racist comment, that's okay? Whereas, if a Rush Limbaugh makes a racial reference, it's not? Who set the standard for what is or isn't racist? To me, Sharpton, et al (some pun intended) are much BIGGER racists than Strom Thurmond ever HOPED he could be; but those guys get a free pass.

Look, people. It's about time we got thicker skins, sucked it up a little bit, and accept a lot more responsibility for our OWN shortcomings. If Sapp violated league rules, he SHOULD be fined. Izelle Reese's fine had NOTHING to do with his race, so why even bring it up? But, then again, what do I know? After all, I'm just a spaghetti bendin' Dago...