PDA

View Full Version : As if we needed another reason to fire Williams

OpIv37
10-26-2003, 10:58 PM
Kicking the FG on 4th down at the goal line. Despite excellent drive starts, that was the closest the Bills got to scoring the entire game.

After all that work to establish the running game, they kick.

Would it have changed the outcome? I highly doubt it, but you have to show some confidence in the offense.

Ebenezer
10-26-2003, 11:02 PM
I agree!

helmetguy
10-26-2003, 11:05 PM
They must have been listening to the ESPN crew, "Get some points on the board." Hell, the coaching staff has to get advice from somewhere. They can't think on their own!

The Spaz
10-26-2003, 11:06 PM
I just don't know. I don't know what to think anymore!:(

venis2k1
10-26-2003, 11:07 PM
Or how about running it on 2nd and goal on the 1, or 3rd and goal on the 1...ehhhh screw it, we only have a good run blocking offensive line and a hard nosed running back.

Drewpac
10-26-2003, 11:20 PM
I disagree. At that point it was still in the first half and the Bills desperately needed to put some points on the board. It also made it a two score defecit potentially at 21-5. The real boneheadedness was not running the ball on 2nd and 2 from the two yard line. I know this sounds sick but I actually HATE Gilbride. I really wish I could go to his house with Buddy Ryan and Jerry Gray and just kick the crap out of him. Of course I'm just joking, I think.

OpIv37
10-26-2003, 11:23 PM
I agree that we should have run the ball on at least one of the two previous downs, preferably both- but at that point we were in the hole so badly. Our D wasn't holding and KC was going to get the ball back with 2 minutes left and have the ball again after the half- we needed the points.

But again, based on how we played the rest of the game, it's probably a moot point. Just another bad decision by the less-than-dynamic duo of Williams and Gilbride.