PDA

View Full Version : indefensible

Judge
10-26-2003, 11:00 PM
Not much about this team can be defended even by an eternal optimist like me at this point.

Travis Henry gets high grades for the last couple of games especially, and the first half in general, playing through pain and injury and avoiding the fumbles.

The D in general has played well enough to win in a couple of losses, most notably Miami. It hung in there a while tonight, but obviously didn't make any big momentum-turning plays.

Bledsoe is an enigma. I'm not ready to throw him to the trash heap, but I can't understand where his head has gone recently.

The coaching staff is a train wreck. This team in my opinion has never been the same since the idiotic HB pass against Miami. Blame the coaching staff for calling the damn play. The coaches have consistently put this team in a position where it was almost impossible to succeed, or at least in positions where the chance to fail was high. Even early on tonight, after a tough yardage run by Henry to make it 2nd and goal at the 2, calling 2 straight passes, whether Bledsoe missed an open guy or not, was bizarre.

The team cannot respond well to adversity, obviously. One bad play and the team tanks.

What to do? There's still a half a season to play, and I'm still not ready to give up on the talent level of this team.

GW must go. Take Gilbride with him, as the offensive strategy isn't working. Give Dick LeBeau the job and make Les Stoeckel OC. No nonsense about benching Drew for the long haul or cutting Sam Adams. Keep them in there, but play hard, smashmout football with the running game setting up play action.

Why the heck not? The worst it can do is send the team out of the postseason, where it looks like it might be a tough order to make a run as it is. Then, Donahoe can find the right guy next season, with a still solid roster of talent. The best it can do is straighten the team out and make a run. It would also enliven the Bills' fans' faith in a commitment to winning.

Nothing to lose, everything to gain. Just do it, Ralph!

LABillsFan
10-26-2003, 11:05 PM
The Bills need to get better on the Oline and so if Lebeau and Steckle do get the jobs, it's a win win situation. The season is over let's not kid ourselves. Play for draft picks is what I say, The Bills will have the money for alot of upgrades next year. Go for it Ralph.

Drewpac
10-26-2003, 11:07 PM
I agree with your analysis completely. We really have no alternative to Bledsoe at this point. I would fire Gilbride and Williams tomorrow morning and go to a strict power running game. I don't care if we run it 70% of the damn time. Just do it. Look at teams like Carolina and the Ravens they run the ***** ball every play and they still consistently win. At least we have a veteran QB with a strong arm who could make a nice play action pass a few times a game. And as far as I'm concerned, if I ever see Bledsoe lined up in the shotgun on 3rd and 2 again I swear I'm gonna throw my TV through the living room window.

Judge
10-26-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by LABillsFan
Play for draft picks is what I say,

I don't believe an NFL team would ever tank on purpose.

LABillsFan
10-26-2003, 11:10 PM
Dude, you take things to literal. Besides no matter what this this team does it will be at best an 8-8 team. There isn't anything wrong with playing bubble guys the last 2 weeks to see what they can do. Hence go for the picks

DolphinDevil28
10-26-2003, 11:13 PM
You're 4-4 and you're saying the season is over???

Man, I live in N.O. and if the Saints would have won today, they'd be 4-4 and excited as hell, talking about a "new season".

Don't ever ever ever give up.

Judge
10-26-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
Don't ever ever ever give up.

Exactly.

Instead, do whatever it takes to try to win NOW. Thta's what my post is all about.

ebill00
10-26-2003, 11:36 PM
I heard the ESPN anouncer say the Chiefs took away the run. That's B's**t!!! KG & F'n Greg W couldn't call a running play to save their sorry ass lives! One three & out was all pass, pass, pass! If they would just stick to the running game KC never would have had a chance to score that many points! I say fire them retro-actively before the season has a chance to begin!