PDA

View Full Version : The plan to turn this around NOW

Judge
10-26-2003, 11:39 PM
I'm not into tanking the season or worrying about next year. i bought season tix and I want my team to try to turn this season around NOW. We're 2 games out of first with 8 to play. It isn't over yet!

What to do:

Fire GW and KG. GW has lost this team, and has allowed the offensive coaches to put the team in a position to fail over and over again. It's over for them.

Promote Dick leBeau and Les Steckel. Keep the D on course, but use a smashmouth running game to set up the passing game. Keep Drew in b/c he's the best we've got. A real commitment to the running game would help him out

This will wake up the fanbase. Will it work? Who cares? At least they'd be trying.

mackey789
10-26-2003, 11:53 PM
i agree 100%, but if you really want to stir up the fan base you promote marv levy for the rest of the year.

lordofgun
10-27-2003, 12:20 AM
I agree with you, Judge. How anyone couldn't agree is beyond me.

helmetguy
10-27-2003, 12:25 AM
Is there ANYONE for keeping the "Tennessee Triumvirate" around now? I'd LOVE to hear from the ones who kept saying "You're quitting on this season by firing...blah, blah, blah..."

Come out, come out, wherever you are!

WG
10-27-2003, 12:54 AM
Yeah right!

The season's over! You can count us 0-4 vs. NE, Miami, Tenn, and Indy now.

Let's get real fellas...

helmetguy
10-27-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Yeah right!

Let's get real fellas...

We HAVE been...but GW/KG/JG are still here, aren't they? All TOO real for my taste!

Jan Reimers
10-27-2003, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Yeah right!

Let's get real fellas...

We're not beating the Giants at their house, either.

Turf
10-27-2003, 05:44 AM
At this point, the only reasonable hope is like you say Judge.

Dman
10-27-2003, 07:10 AM
Fire GW, KG & JG...

Head Coach= Marv Levy
OC= Les Steckel
DC= Dick Lebeau

Simplify the Offense....run..run..run
Create an attacking Defense...

Stop with this "packages" BS...
Play your 11 best on each side of the ball..until they drop!!!

What could it hurt?

Turf
10-27-2003, 07:18 AM
Why we sign Sam Gash, and blocking tight ends, then pass inside the redzone at the 2 yard line on 2nd down in 4 down territory after we just ran it to the 2 for 8 yard is beyond me.
It's just plain insidious stupidity.
Gilbride is a stubborn, stupid, moron of a jerk who doesn't even bring a gameplan to the table.
He did not exploit any weakness of the defense at all. His overall scheme is a total failure. It's hit and miss, if it matches up well, they play good, if not, it's go back and find someone open Drew.