PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys catch the MNF change?

Dozerdog
10-27-2003, 12:38 AM
Due to the So Cal fires, the MNF game between San Diego and Miami was moved to Arizona.

Wow-

lordofgun
10-27-2003, 12:39 AM
I think it's funny. San Diego fans deserve to have to drive 10 hours. :snicker:

Dozerdog
10-27-2003, 12:40 AM
By Craig Dolch, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Monday, October 27, 2003

SAN DIEGO -- Tonight's game between the Miami Dolphins and the San Diego Chargers has been moved to Tempe, Ariz., because of wildfires in San Diego County that caused at least eight deaths and burned hundreds of homes.

San Diego Mayor Dick Murphy asked the NFL to move or cancel the game because of the state of emergency, declared for San Diego County by Gov. Gray Davis.

"The residents of greater San Diego are suffering from terrible fires, and public health and safety are the urgent priorities," read a statement issued by NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue.

"This decision will allow San Diego public safety agencies to maintain their full focus on protecting the lives and property of San Diego residents."

The Dolphins will make the short flight from San Diego to Tempe this morning on a team charter.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/auto/epaper/editions/monday/sports_f3c96a7f234c11fa000e.html

Dozerdog
10-27-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

I already drive 6 and a half

stuckincincy
10-27-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
By Craig Dolch, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Monday, October 27, 2003

SAN DIEGO -- Tonight's game between the Miami Dolphins and the San Diego Chargers has been moved to Tempe, Ariz., because of wildfires in San Diego County that caused at least eight deaths and burned hundreds of homes.

San Diego Mayor Dick Murphy asked the NFL to move or cancel the game because of the state of emergency, declared for San Diego County by Gov. Gray Davis.

"The residents of greater San Diego are suffering from terrible fires, and public health and safety are the urgent priorities," read a statement issued by NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue.

"This decision will allow San Diego public safety agencies to maintain their full focus on protecting the lives and property of San Diego residents."

The Dolphins will make the short flight from San Diego to Tempe this morning on a team charter.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/auto/epaper/editions/monday/sports_f3c96a7f234c11fa000e.html

Yes. I posted it around 10 PM Monday nite but it got moved...:grind:

lordofgun
10-27-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by stuckincincy

Impossible. :mad:

Dozerdog
10-27-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by stuckincincy

Did it get moved because of the fires? It may have been moved for the public safety....

STAMPY
10-27-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

its really not funny dude... its a serious situation with lives endangered:rocket: