How long before those of you standing up for Drew see the light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

How long before those of you standing up for Drew see the light?

How many games of poor performances against teams over .500 are you gonna ignore before you admit that Drew's not the QB you thought he was?

Last year 18 TOs in 7 of our 8 toughest games.

This year other than in the NE game he's pretty much stunk up the joint against most teams, not even just the good ones.

YET, the excuses keep on coming. Then he plays a good game and that seems to justify and substantiate keeping him here under the implied premise that 1 good game to 3 or 4 poor ones is a fine combination of performances.

But wait, there's more...

...plenty of games left for you to place you hopes in before having them dashed to pieces by season's end!

Perhaps then we'll do something to fix the situation.

To say that Drew's a top 10 QB is flat out insane.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• BillsFever
    Mr. Predictament
    • Feb 2003

It's not Drew's fault the offensive line can't block for him for over 8 seconds.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

There's enough blame to go around. Coaching, D, fumbles, and yes Drew too.

Comment

• BillsFever
        Mr. Predictament
        • Feb 2003

My hopes for him were dashed after about Week 12 of last year. I was not surprised by his play this year one bit. I expected it.

Comment

• helmetguy
          Touch the helmet for luck
          • Sep 2002

You seem to forget, we have a coaching staff in place that could doom even the greatest QBs to failure. Your "statistical proof" is absolutely meaningless in that, you'll only pick and choose the stats that "prove" your predetermined conclusions and eliminate the ones that don't; calling them aberrations. It is just that type of "statistical analysis" that has this team in disarray now. That is, the ever thorough, completely organized GW believes in coaching by equation and, in the two-and-a-half seasons he's been here, refuses to deviate from that equation; summarily eliminating those variables he doesn't deem credible enough for scruitiny. In other words, it isn't the scheme or the schemer making the mistakes...

Solve the problem. In other words, rather than pillorying Bledsoe, look to the ROOT of the problem-the inability of the Brain Mistrust to put good players in good positions to execute well.
          Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
          And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
            Expert on Experts
            • Jul 2002

the problem is part bledsoe, part coaching

Drew doesn't have to be a top 5 or even top 10 QB for us to win. I still think with propoer coaching he can get the job done.

Comment

• BillsFever
              Mr. Predictament
              • Feb 2003

Jeff Blake, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Patrick Ramsey, Tom Brady, Byron Leftwich, Jake Delhomme, Drew Brees, John Kitna, Chicago Bears QB's, Tommy Maddox and Vinny Testeverde. These are all QB's who isn't supposed to be as good as Drew, has bad coaching, are young or rookies, less talent around them, and/or are on pitiful teams that are having a better year then Drew or are doing just as bad.

If these no name QB's can do better then Drew on bad teams, less talent, less experience, and less weapons then what is really Drew's excuse?

He has no excuse. If he was a halfway decent QB anymore he'd still be playing better then that.

If Drew is supposed to be so much better then all them QB's listed above then you would think he would play better then some of them scrubs with bad coaching and/or lesser talent around them.

Drew is playing like one of the worse QB's in the league this year. Make as many excuses as you want but there are srubs out there in worse conditions playing better then Drew. He has no heart or leadership. Hell as bad as RJ was it's sad to say he played with more heart and leadership then this bum is playing with.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

!!!!!

There's not ONE :angry: coach in the league that could make Bledsoe ANY better. HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE BLINDSOE AND GILBRIDE !!! AND I'M NOT AFRAID TO SAY SO!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD ***** RIDDance GW, KG, DB!!! Not soon enough for me!
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• The Natrix
                  • Jul 2002

Every now and then, Bledsoe will make himself look as pretty as any Qb in the league.

That is not what counts. QBs like Fiedler and Green don't single handily lose games like the al mightly savior Drew Bledsoe. You can be sure I will be at the Texans game in full force watching Drew run up his stats against one of the weaker teams. If he doesn't run them up you can expect boos from me.

Byrd.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Wys, I've finally seen it. Strangely, I don't feel any better for the experience.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                      • Jul 2002

With all of Drew's experience, he should be playing much better. I'm not saying we can't win with him, but he's no superstar anymore in my mind.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                        • Jul 2002

Get of Drews back Wys. Fever is right. How do you expect him to perform when the line is not giving him 8 seconds to throw.:drinker: His interceptions were not his fault. His sacks where he held the ball forever were not his fault. His sulking on the sidelines and not being a leader trying to fire up his teamates are not his fault.
                        Give the guy a freaking break. None of it was his fault:drinker:

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                          • May 2003

I will agree with you on one thing, Bledsoe may be the worst road quarterback in history. That being said, you cannot come up with a better option.

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

I also was waiting for Bledsoe to beat the the ***** **** out of Eddie Robinson for callign a CB blitz late in the 4th quarter where he was drilled and caused a fumble!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

It did seem that Drew had never seen a blitz before. He always seemed to throw away from the blitz instead of toward it (where the defenders left to blitz).

Comment

Working...
                              X