Fire Tom Donahoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Fire Tom Donahoe

This "genius" has:

Assembled the worst coaching staff in the NFL.

Filled the defense with overrated and/or over-the-hill players.

Made disasterous draft picks, including Williams, Denney, et al.

Signed a big name QB who is a small game player.

And in so doing has transformed a mediocre, 8-8 team into...a mediocre, 8-8 team, all in only two and a half years.

He's not a genius. He's a joke.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?
  • Travis Hunter
    • Jul 2002

Donahoe sucks with coaches.

I also watched McKinnie yesterday during the Minnesota game, and was watching the guy hold up the LT spot, mind you not the RT spot, pretty effectively.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• venis2k1
      Youboty can hope
      • Jul 2002

Yea, i remember people saying he sucked when we passed on Kenyatta Walker and took nate and Henry instead, what a ******. how many draft picks would be called "disasterous" after less than 2 years, Moulds was called one of the biggest busts in buffalo history a few years back. TD is the man, plain and simple.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        • May 2003

Originally posted by venis2k1
        TD is the man, plain and simple.
        He's a self serving jerk who has us in a world of ****. You must like the plateau of mediocrity which he has built for us.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• venis2k1
          Youboty can hope
          • Jul 2002

Out side of hiring GW and KG what has he done that he deserves to be fired.

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

People quit diggging. This clearly needs to be put squarely on the shoulders of the whole damn coaching staff.You know how much quality talent Donohoe has brought in only to be squandered by an inept coaching staff. I would imagine Donohoe is absolutetly pissed and will do something shortly.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
              • Jul 2002

I hope someone does something, and NOW.
              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                • May 2003

I truly believe that if you look closely at Donahoe's body of work with this franchise to date, it is one of complete and abject failure. It's not just his atrocious choices in the coaching area, but:

The total failure of his defensive free agent signees to have ANY impact in ANY big game since New England. And the Pats were in absolute disarray that day.

The total failure of the 4th overall pick in the draft to be able to beat out Jonas Jennings - who's not that good in his own right - at LT. And Denney, and Wire...

The drafting of McGahee, when we already had an All-Pro running back, and had far greater needs at safety, the O line, etc. The coaches he put in place don't believe in the run, anyway. Even if Willis gets healthy, why do we need two great running backs to be ignored? And Crowell, and McGee...

The signing of Bledsoe as our franchise QB. 'Nough said.

In the era of salary caps and free agency, your off season FA acquisitions and your high draft picks have to perform NOW. Donahoe's haven't.

There are no more 5 year plans in the NFL. Donahoe's is going on 3, and it has failed miserably.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Quit with the McKinnie talk. It's pure stupidity. He made it clear he wanted no part of Buffalo
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• helmetguy
                    Touch the helmet for luck
                    • Sep 2002

My question is, "How do so many quality players 'suddenly' are over the hill, or just turn piss poor?" TH had over 1400 yars last season, yet he "suddenly" got bad and is now, just recently "resurgent?" Pucillo a better RG than Sullivan? Face it, GW is in charge of getting the team ready for the opposition. They're NEVER ready! Vermeil and his staff were in the Buffalo huddle practically from the opening kickoff. TD's fault? Probably; if only because he hired GW. Fix the coaching staff and I GUARANTEE that all those "over-the-hill" or "second-tier" players will be called "suddenly resurgent." REALITY CHECK: GW couldn't prepare an ENTIRE Pro Bowl roster for a road trip from the field house to the Ralph.
                    Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                    And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

I cannot believe that every writer, broadcaster and commentator is an idiot. They all give TD high marks. It is the coaching staff. Plain and simple.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

It is the coaching no ****ing doubt!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                          I cannot believe that every writer, broadcaster and commentator is an idiot. They all give TD high marks.
                          I can. Ruben Brown makes the Pro Bowl every year. And I agree that coaching is the BIG problem - but I certainly think that TD should get a large portion of the blame, for both bad personnel decisions and his hiring of - and sticking with - an incompetent head coach.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            I can. Ruben Brown makes the Pro Bowl every year. And I agree that coaching is the BIG problem - but I certainly think that TD should get a large portion of the blame, for both bad personnel decisions and his hiring of - and sticking with - an incompetent head coach.
                            A competent coach in charge of this team has them at 6-2...at the worst. They would have beaten Miami and the Jets with good coaching.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

He's just doing what any GM would do stick with a coach through his contract. When it's up but in this case I would be surprised if GW isn't gone sooner.

Comment

Working...
                              X