PDA

View Full Version : Give me one reason to keep Gregg Williams

Ebenezer
10-27-2003, 07:40 AM
Go ahead. Entertain me. Give me just one good reason to keep Gregg Williams and I'll give you 1000 zone bucks.

Jan Reimers
10-27-2003, 07:44 AM
He doesn't beat his dog? No, forget it, he probably does.

The Spaz
10-27-2003, 07:47 AM
His man boobs have shrunk from a c up to a b!:)

helmetguy
10-27-2003, 07:54 AM
His game plans are neat and tidy? Color coded? He knows "we have to get better in that area?"

Hell, Eb. I couldn't come up with a good reason if ya offered me a bazillion ZBs! But, I bet Wys can give ya a bazillion statistical reasons as "proof" it ain't GW's fault! Stay tuned, Bud!

R. Rich
10-27-2003, 07:57 AM
To get a higher draft pick?

Just kidding. Still, it's getting harder and harder to stand up for this coach and his team if they're going to perform like that.

Historian
10-27-2003, 08:05 AM
Because a better pool of Coaches to chose from will appear at the end of the season as opposed to now?

eyedog
10-27-2003, 08:07 AM
The team didn't come to play against the Jets or last night. Thats twice in three weeks and a direct reflection of this coaching staff. There must be changes made over the bye week. If not, the status qou will have this team 8-8 at the end of the year with the 15th pick of next years draft. Sounds like last year to me. He has to go now.

Turf
10-27-2003, 08:07 AM
Because he's 40% smarter than a cow.

helmetguy
10-27-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter

He IS??? PROVE IT!!!!

ryven
10-27-2003, 08:11 AM
Because he is good at getting interviewed

O hell burn him at the stake.

Turf
10-27-2003, 08:11 AM
I heard him go MOOOOOOO, not MOOOOO. That's 40%.

Buffatexas
10-27-2003, 08:24 AM
What other head coach provides us with so much comic relief...and I thought Wade Phillips scatching his head was funny...this guy is freaking hilarious. Especially with that "I just pumped the neighbors cat" look on his face when things start going wrong

Brian Griese Rulz
10-27-2003, 08:35 AM
1) By keeping GW, instead of blaming the 2 DE's the Bills have that couldn't rush a old lady, I can Blame GW.

2) By keeping GW, instead of blaming Bledsoe for 3 Ints, I can blame GW.

3)By keeping GW, I can blame Reeds fumbles and drops on GW.

4) By keeping GW, I can blame any loss and take away any good win, on GW.

5) By keeping GW, I can take away giving the other team any credit for giving my bills a ass whoppin.

Ð
10-27-2003, 08:37 AM

Are we talking a dairy or a beef breed ?

Ð
10-27-2003, 08:38 AM
I heard him go MOOOOOOO, not MOOOOO. That's 40%.

He wasn't saying MOOOO

he was saying MOOOOOOBS

stuckincincy
10-27-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Ð

Are we talking a dairy or a beef breed ?

Beef. Dairy cows react with anger to those that incorrectly pull them.

Dozerdog
10-27-2003, 09:23 AM

Originally posted by helmetguy
He IS??? PROVE IT!!!!

Is this a regular cow? Or a cow infected with Mad Cow disease?

helmetguy
10-27-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Is this a regular cow? Or a cow infected with Mad Cow disease?

Genetically altered.

Ebenezer
10-27-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Billsology
Because a better pool of Coaches to chose from will appear at the end of the season as opposed to now?

I'll take that one. It is not great but I can defend this...any more??

Michael82
10-27-2003, 11:35 AM
Because the Bills are still 4-4 and have a chance to go to the playoffs, unless they lose to Dallas. I'm sorry, I just can't say it. You can't make me say it. :ontome:

:snicker: :lol: :lmao:

R. Rich
10-27-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Because the Bills are still 4-4 and have a chance to go to the playoffs, unless they lose to Dallas. I'm sorry, I just can't say it. You can't make me say it. :ontome:

:snicker: :lol: :lmao:

That's not what you were saying last week at the Redskins game. You were the one saying that Williams was the second coming of Lombardi.

Mr. Miyagi
10-27-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich
You were the one saying that Williams was the second coming of Lombardi.
He meant GW was the second cousin of crybaby Bill Laimbeer.

http://cache.nba.com/media/history/bill_laimbeer_350.jpg

helmetguy
10-27-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
He meant GW was the second cousin of crybaby Bill Laimbeer.

http://cache.nba.com/media/history/bill_laimbeer_350.jpg

Yeah, Rich. Mikey can have that effct on you after a while, can't he? From just merely shrill to a plasma of white noise, huh?

J/K Mikey!

Michael82
10-27-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich
That's not what you were saying last week at the Redskins game. You were the one saying that Williams was the second coming of Lombardi.

It's called sarcasm...and i'll full of it lately, especially with the Hall of fame coach that we have. :snicker:

Turf
10-27-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

I'll take that one. It is not great but I can defend this...any more??

The head coaches in the offseason will still be available with an interim coach.

Also, someone tipped Greg over, and he can't get up, that's the problem. So I would guess Beef Cow.

helmetguy
10-27-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
It's called sarcasm...and i'll full of it lately, especially with the Hall of fame coach that we have. :snicker:

Yup! You're full of it, alright! heeheehee

Billzz
10-27-2003, 03:11 PM
Cause we have to pay him anyway so lets all make him feel as uncomfortable as possible for the rest of the season. Nothing wrong with having a whipping boy.

That's my reply for the 1000 zone bucks and I really believe it's the only winning anwser:woot:

Ebenezer
10-27-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Billzz
Cause we have to pay him anyway so lets all make him feel as uncomfortable as possible for the rest of the season. Nothing wrong with having a whipping boy.

That's my reply for the 1000 zone bucks and I really believe it's the only winning anwser:woot:

not good enough sorry...I want a winning football team...if I want a whipping boy I will hire one to work at my house.

Billzz
10-27-2003, 05:22 PM
Ok then............

GW should be making the offense play calls. KG is not insync with the game and according to GW's comments he has a better sense of what's happening with the team emotion wise during games. Dare I say "adversity."

GW understands the problems and bringing in a outside coach(yes even one currently on staff) is a major distraction and will royaly screw up any chance of solidifing our actual offensive intentions. Let GW make the calls since it seems he atleast understands that a running game is what makes the offensive wheels churn. I honestly think he will live and die by the run for the rest of the season. It's his only saving grace if he hasn't given up which is in no way possible, even for that loser.

cordog
10-27-2003, 05:54 PM
Because if we get a real head coach, none of us can claim that we could do a better job than him, plus, who else can give you a better "deer in headlights" look on sunday afternoons?

Ebenezer
10-27-2003, 06:18 PM
GW should be making the offense play calls.

You're kidding, right? The guy spent his life as a defensive coach. He knows jack about drawing up an offense.

GW understands the problems

I understand the problems of not being able to put a man on Mars but I have as much chance at solving that as GW does solving the Bills problems....

sorry, no ZBs for you.

Billzz
10-27-2003, 06:46 PM
Man your tuff....... kinda like it.

The comment about letting GW make the calls on offense still makes sense even if you don't think so. He is a desperate man who is trying to hold onto his job. KG has had 8 games to right the ship and make some positive strides to define this offense and has failed miserably game after game.

GW understands the fundamentals of football even if he has been a defensive coordinator for 100 years. He has defined Buffalo as a POWER RUNNING team himself and is a image he will still try to work towards.

All zone bucks aside GW will finish the year as our Head Coach. He will make KG run the ball on first downs with delays and power running up the gut. There is no other way, as he has found out against playoff contending teams, that he has no chance to win on DB's arm alone. He needs to keep the defense honest and FORCE them to bring more men in the box to get the recievers open down the field. We all know the Oline has a tough time dealing with a simple 4-5 man pass rush let alone a heavy blitz and no head coach, not even the idiot we currently have is going to let his QB get slaughtered.

He may not be a smart man Jenny, but even this Forrest Gump of a head coach can read between the lines. Run ='s conistent offense generating positive yards. Pass ='s a season of picks followed up by nice firing 30 seconds after the last game of the season.

No he will never get the team to GEL and act like a unit operating under one commander, it's not in his capabilities. He's never had them nor will he be able to get all these probowlers to believe in his system. Sorry but I have offically run out of reasons to keep him as our HC now besides the obvious reasons of dealing with a interm HC and the prospects that will be open to us at the end of the season, aka Billick, Fassel etc.

Ebenezer
10-27-2003, 07:05 PM
He has defined Buffalo as a POWER RUNNING team himself and is a image he will still try to work towards.

In his time here he has said the Bills will be a power running team...will play the west-coast offense...will try the no-huddle...which is it?? he doesn't know because he knows nothing about offense. He cannot call the plays.

He will make KG run the ball on first downs with delays and power running up the gut.

There is no proof of this. He has had a season and a half to do this and has not yet. There is nothing to believe that it will happen in the next 8 games.

Billzz
10-27-2003, 07:20 PM
Tell ya what, since your so dead set on GW imploding in the next 8 games, if Buffalo has 30+ Carries against Dallas and start there first series running the ball more then passing will you start to believe?

If my theroy is proven right by them running the ball and dominating Dallas with it I will let you save face by giving me a small sum of ZoneBucks:)

L.A. Playa
10-27-2003, 07:22 PM
The only reason to keep GW is that he will either put the nails in his own coffin and miss the playoffs, I would like to believe we can still win it all(Iam a glass half full guy) but GW just seems like he can not EXECUTE the postion of head coach so I guess the only reason to keep GW is to let him EXECUTE himself. If he messes that EXECUTION up we all will be happy because we will be in the playoffs

Ebenezer
10-27-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by pmacla
The only reason to keep GW is that he will either put the nails in his own coffin and miss the playoffs, I would like to believe we can still win it all(Iam a glass half full guy) but GW just seems like he can not EXECUTE the postion of head coach so I guess the only reason to keep GW is to let him EXECUTE himself. If he messes that EXECUTION up we all will be happy because we will be in the playoffs

I will not be happy with GW as coach. Period. He has shown he cannot navigate a team to consistently well played games. He will not become a SB coach over a bye week. Will not happen.

L.A. Playa
10-27-2003, 08:09 PM
I know read my post carefully