PDA

View Full Version : What was Gilbride thinking

NC-BILLS44
10-27-2003, 08:44 AM
There was a 23 play stretch where Henry only ran 5 times. That was also the same stretch where KC put up a couple of TDs. This was during the 2nd and 3rd quarters. So, while the Bills were going nowhere with the passing game, and not using great field position they were given, KC was putting up TDs. Sounds like a GREAT formula to lose a football game.

The Spaz
10-27-2003, 08:45 AM
He was thinking?:confused:

Brian Griese Rulz
10-27-2003, 08:49 AM
Maybe he was thinking the score is 28-5 and you don't get back into games running the ball.

Only reason it appears Henry had a good game running the ball is that the KC D wasn't playing the run. With the score 28-5 any team will let you run the ball all day long to burn up the clock.

rob040604
This guy doesnt think. Travis was finding holes - use him more!!
Better yet - FIRE GW and KG today.
Time to bench Drew - this guy doesnt want back down and use his team.

NC-BILLS44
LOL!!!!

NC-BILLS44
10-27-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
Maybe he was thinking the score is 28-5 and you don't get back into games running the ball.

Only reason it appears Henry had a good game running the ball is that the KC D wasn't playing the run. With the score 28-5 any team will let you run the ball all day long to burn up the clock.

I beg to differ. It was only the second quarter. There was no need to panic and start throwing the ball constantly. Running the ball at that point of the game STILL makes sense. You keep the KC offense off the field, giving the Bills D a rest, while tiring the KC D at the same time. This will then help the Bills later in the game. There's nothing wrong will a long drive TD drive in the second quarter.

eddiehaskill
10-27-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by NC-BILLS44

I beg to differ. It was only the second quarter. There was no need to panic and start throwing the ball constantly. Running the ball at that point of the game STILL makes sense. You keep the KC offense off the field, giving the Bills D a rest, while tiring the KC D at the same time. This will then help the Bills later in the game. There's nothing wrong will a long drive TD drive in the second quarter.

TD Drive? :snicker:

NC-BILLS44
10-27-2003, 09:01 AM
I'm assuming a TD after the drive.

Brian Griese Rulz
10-27-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by NC-BILLS44

I beg to differ. It was only the second quarter. There was no need to panic and start throwing the ball constantly. Running the ball at that point of the game STILL makes sense. You keep the KC offense off the field, giving the Bills D a rest, while tiring the KC D at the same time.

And the Bills did that.

They just didn't score.

NC-BILLS44
10-27-2003, 09:05 AM
They didn't do it in the SECOND QUARTER. That's the point I'm trying to make. They should have done it sooner and stuck with the run in the red zone. Then, maybe they could have scored a TD.

WG
10-27-2003, 09:07 AM
"What was Gilbride thinking"

Did I miss something?

Was Gilbride thinking?

You'd probably have known by a dazed and extremely focused look on his face, perhaps a reddening around the eye sockets.

I must have missed it...