PDA

View Full Version : Is all lost?

Earthquake Enyart
10-27-2003, 09:02 AM
Currently we are 1 or 2 (depending on how the fish do tonight and next week) games out of a playoff spot. I think it's going to take 10-6 to get in (9-7 maybe with tiebreakers)

Can we go 6-2 in the last 8 games?

First 4: At Dallas, Houston, Indy, at Giants

The Dallas game is huge. If we can get Dallas and Houston, then catch Indy on a bad weather day or get the Giants we can go 3-1.

Last 4: Fish, Jets, at Tennessee, at NE

3 division games we need to win that will get us tiebreakers.

It can be done. :couch: Or should I flush the season like you guys?:flush:

stuckincincy
10-27-2003, 09:07 AM
Flush away. The people calling the shots are inept. No recovery possible. :injured:

Ð
10-27-2003, 09:09 AM
Turn out the lights, the party's over.

Sorry EE, not with the current regime. If they could show they had the game planning ability and/or execution to keep a game close, rather than the disgusting performances I've seen of late, then I might sing a different tune. I can't remember seeing such a piss poor football team in a bills uniform even in the bullogh/stevenson times.

WG
10-27-2003, 09:13 AM
:lolcry:

AHHHHAHHAHAAAHAAAA..........

You jest!

Keep up the humor!

No, it's lost! One, two, possibly even three issues is fine. Not a dozen, all serious, coupled with a most significant lack of talent on the D and O lines.

Honestly, as I said in my piece, you have a better chance of snapping a shot of the Great Pumpkin on Friday as we do of making the playoffs.

Honestly, if we are .500/8-8 by the end of the season you can count you blessings. I'm thinkin'...

Dallas: L
Houston: W, maybe L
Indy: L
Giants: L, maybe W
Jets: L
Tenn: L
Miami: L, outside chance of W under bizarre circumstances like Ricky losing his legs in a car accident the week prior.
NE: Is gonna be an absolute ass-kickin'!!!! 38-10 again or something like it w/ Drew tossing another 3/4 picks.

How can anyone at this point think we're even gonna be .500 let alone make the playoffs...

That truly puzzles me.

WG
10-27-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Ð
Turn out the lights, the party's over.

Sorry EE, not with the current regime. If they could show they had the game planning ability and/or execution to keep a game close, rather than the disgusting performances I've seen of late, then I might sing a different tune. I can't remember seeing such a piss poor football team in a bills uniform even in the bullogh/stevenson times.

Well, need we say more.

When D's in the football forums telling us to turn out the lights, we may as well turn out the lights. Not a good sign...

Earthquake Enyart
10-27-2003, 09:20 AM
The Dallas game is huge, based on the remainder of our schedule. If we can somehow circle the wagons and beat Dallas, then beat Houston at home, we're 6-4. If, by then, we are running the ball with authority, we can beat a dome team outside in the snow (Indy). The Giants aren't world beaters. We can get 3 of these 4.

Then we need all three division games. It's as simple as that. We can get Miami up here in the snow. We already thrashed NE, and the Jets may be out of it by the time we play them. This can be done.

Jan Reimers
10-27-2003, 09:27 AM
No, all is not lost. To paraphrase Bogey, We'll always have New England.

Valerie
10-27-2003, 09:33 AM
Dallas had a HORRIBLE day yesterday. They failed miserably in every category! They haven't been shut out since December 2000! This coming week they have a HUGE game against the Skins who are coming off a bye week. Rested and ready to redeem themselves after their devastating loss against the Bills last week. I'm worried about Dallas this week. If they can't get it together against the Skins, I don't think they're going to be strong enough to handle the Bills.

I won't ever dare tell you guys who I'll be rooting for the next 2 weeks. :ontome:

justasportsfan
10-27-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
:lolcry:

Not a dozen, all serious, coupled with a most significant lack of talent on the D and O lines.

This team is still more talented than the Pats. We just don't have the coaches who can put this talent together. All is lost with this coaching staff.

WG
10-27-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
Dallas had a HORRIBLE day yesterday. They failed miserably in every category! They haven't been shut out since December 2000! This coming week they have a HUGE game against the Skins who are coming off a bye week. Rested and ready to redeem themselves after their devastating loss against the Bills last week. I'm worried about Dallas this week. If they can't get it together against the Skins, I don't think they're going to be strong enough to handle the Bills.

I won't ever dare tell you guys who I'll be rooting for the next 2 weeks. :ontome:

That was totally predictable as well Jaded. Just like Oakland last year they made their way early to undefeated on the dregs of the league. They'll be .500 the rest of the way due to their D however. 10-6 overall given their division's weakness.

Patrick76777
10-27-2003, 09:55 AM
I'm with EE! I was going to post something like this last week, but I didn't have the time!

I knew we were going to lose last night, just not so bad!

Dallas is overrated and with 2 weeks to prepare and the bad taste in our mouth, I think we can beat them!
I think we can also beat Houston at home!
Then we lose to the Colts! Which puts us at 6-5
We go to NY and beat the Giants (this will be the tough one) but it’ll put us at 7-5
Then we get the Jets at home, which should be an easy win, 8-5
Go to Ten and get ROCKED, 8-6
Home to Miami and a win puts us at 9-6 with one game left, follow me? I think this is VERY reasonable!

Miami,

Beats: SD, Wash, Balt, Phi and the NYJ
Get beat by: Indy, Tenn, Dal, NE, and Buf

Finish 9-7

NE

Beats: Mia, Hou, Jax, NYJ
Gets beat by: Den, Dal and Indy

Puts them at 10-5 with one game left!

We go to NE, which will be a very tough game, but if we win, we’re both 10-6 and we have the tiebreaker because we beat them twice and we win the East!

I think this is very reasonable! Way too early to be giving up! But we have a lot of quitters on this board! Buncha Wades!

Ð
10-27-2003, 10:01 AM
Bills fan since '82. Not a quitter, just realistic.

Judge
10-27-2003, 10:02 AM
Did anyone watch the New England game yesterday? A horrible game played by 2 lousy teams in my opinion. One of them is in first place in our division.

Is all lost? No. The Bills have more talent than most teams do. This is why they've won 4 games, despite their woeful coaching staff.

Is a challenge for a playoff spot likely? No. This coaching staff isn't good enough to prepare the team and put it in a position to win.

justasportsfan
10-27-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Judge
Did anyone watch the New England game yesterday? A horrible game played by 2 lousy teams in my opinion. One of them is in first place in our division.

Is all lost? No. The Bills have more talent than most teams do. This is why they've won 4 games, despite their woeful coaching staff.

Is a challenge for a playoff spot likely? No. This coaching staff isn't good enough to prepare the team and put it in a position to win.

Lack of talent will eventually catch up. Look at the cowboys. good coaching is still a huge plus. Look for Bellichick and Parcells to make their team bounce back from a bad performance. Good coaches tend to have success doing that.

Patrick76777
10-27-2003, 10:08 AM
Well I've been a Bills fan since 1983 when I was 7 years old and I've seen too much in that time to give up!

Judge is right NE is terrible, and If I remember correctly, we beat them 31-0! Miami is very average and will be lucky to get 9 wins!

I guess what I'm saying is that I wait from January thru September. Thru the playoffs, resigning, Free agency, the draft, June 1st, Mini camps, training camps and preseason just to watch some football. So I'm not going to say the season's over because we're 4-4! The Pats were 5-4 the year they won it all, the Ravens were about the same, the Raiders were 4-4 last year! Giving up now is just weak. Esp since we have two games against beatable teams! We win those and we're 6-4 and probably either a game out of first place or tied for first!