PDA

View Full Version : I'm very disappointed with this:

Earthquake Enyart
10-27-2003, 09:42 AM
From the lead article in the Buffalo News Sports section today:

Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson Jr. was somewhat philosophical in the locker room area immediately after the game.

"We're not in their class," Wilson said. "They were so much better. We got beat by a better team. It wasn't anything about emotion or enthusiasm."

GW is staying. :mad:

WG
10-27-2003, 09:43 AM
Oh please EE!

If GW and Gilbride are here next year you're gonna see season ticket sales make their way to China.

lordofgun
10-27-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
From the lead article in the Buffalo News Sports section today:

Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson Jr. was somewhat philosophical in the locker room area immediately after the game.

"We're not in their class," Wilson said. "They were so much better. We got beat by a better team. It wasn't anything about emotion or enthusiasm."

GW is staying. :mad:

:wail: Looks like Donohoe has him brainwashed.

Ð
10-27-2003, 09:47 AM
Hey, you may be on to something. If they market in the Chinese community in Toronto, they may have sellouts right through the next millenium.

Judge
10-27-2003, 09:50 AM
I don't like this either.

Talent-wise on paper we should be at KC's class or BETTER. Our QB is at least equal to KC's. Our RB is a Pro Bowler too. Our receivers are better, except for their all-world TE. Our oline was supposed to be gelling this year. Our D was rebuilt to be a ball-hawking aggressive D that KC's is. Anything less than what KC is achieving is unacceptable in light of the Bills' player talent.

This team is underachieving in a big way at all levels except the punting game.

Any words from management to excuse or condone the clear disappointment we all saw last night is unacceptable from a paying fan's perspective.

TedMock
10-27-2003, 09:53 AM
That's bull*****. As fans we can complain and yell all we want but the owner coming out with "...we're not in their class.."? I know people say things to motivate but the timing was off if that's the case. If it's an "in the moment" comment, I understand but things are real bad if the owner's throwing in the towel. I said from day one that GW should be given a full 3 years in all fairness but I'm now on board with firing him and Gilbride today. There's way too much talent on the team to suck like this. Yes, there are holes but they're collectively playing poorly. The OL's pass blocking was as bad as I've seen and the QB's were as bad as I've seen.....not a good combo. Run blocking was obviously good. TH and Gash both played well. Oh yeah, Moorman's still our best player. Things could've been worse without him. Play calling was questionable again. There's too much talent. At some point coaches have to properly utilize talent and NOT be a "sytem" coach. I don't think Dallas is good but Parcell's has them overachieving. He's using a different system than he has in the past. Joe Gibbs won 3 SB's with 3 different QB's and Theisman was a completely different style from the other two. Also, the Skins were power football but don't forget that he was the OC in San Diego who ran "Air Coriell"(sp?). KG has a system and doesn't adjust it to fit the strengths of his team. He instead exposes weaknesses. I'm so pissed right now.

Valerie
10-27-2003, 09:59 AM
While I don't agree with what Wilson had to say to the team, I do kinda agree with him. Kansas City is a better team. The Bills can look great on paper, but that doesn't mean jack when they take the field. I think a lot of their problems has to do with coaches, but I blame the players too. They just don't have any heart and it looks like no one on the team gives a damn! I don't care if they like or dislike the coaches. Play for yourselves! Screw the coaches!

As far as firing any of the coaches half way through the season, I just don't see that happening. The Bills are stuck with what they've got until the end of their season. With that being said, I think the players should get their act together and start playing up to their potential. Regardless of what the coaches are doing, I still don't see the players playing up to what they're supposedly worth!

Billsouth
10-27-2003, 10:51 AM
WE ARE THE WORST TEAM IN THE AFC EAST!!!

we have a worse record than miami and the pats and we got blown out by the jets; who lose to everyone.

WE ****IN SUCK

Ebenezer
10-27-2003, 11:29 AM
They are obviously prepared to ride out the year or GW would have been fired after the Jets game.

socalfan
10-27-2003, 11:35 AM
If season tickets head south next year, there will be a lot of people bewailing the possible loss of the Bills to the Los Angeles market.

KC is a better coached team than the Bills. They had a 7-0 record before Sunday night. For the Bills to win that one, it would have taken a miracle.

IMHO the Bills are a couple of seasons away from gelling into a team. It takes the coaching staff and the players to get together. Right now, the coaching staff doesn't mesh well; IMHO, I think that is obvious from the way the pieces of the offense don't work together. The defense isn't as bad because GW, JG, and SJ have worked together before. So at least there is some continuity there. Even at the end of last year you could see it starting to work out.

But on the offense, there was been major change in strategy last year and wholesale changes in coaches this year. And I don't think that KG, LS, PR have ever worked together before. There won't be a quick fix to this. Even if you cleaned house and brought in a tight team of coaches; the players still need to get on board with the changes. It worked in Dallas, because BP brought in people that knew how to coach; and could coach to win.

This has to be laid on TD.

don137
10-27-2003, 11:42 AM
Its sad when the owner says we lost to a better team. Many teams with excellant coaching can when games with inferior talent (i.e. Dallas). Man for man I really do not see a big difference in talent except Hall vs Wright who seems to fall down if the opposition sneezes on him. The big difference is KC played as a team and Buffalo looked lost out there...