PDA

View Full Version : Is it system or Players???

L.A. Playa
10-27-2003, 09:55 AM
Watching the game last night I noticed that KC is a good team because Vermiel has gotten players that fit his system, he and his GM are on the same page. Did anyone see last weeks MNF halftime when KC OC was asking Priest what running plays he liked??? KC has aquired personell that fits the coaches system.

My question is has TD just aquired what seem to be good players??? Are the players we have overrated???

Or is GW trying to run a system that he does not have the players for ????

There is no speed at wr, notice Vermeil though his recievers do not have huge stats, uses them well, set up Hall to run a fly pattern to stretch defense.

Why does not GW use Brown in that role ?????

GW is stubborn the defense in the first half puzzled me rush 4 and play the remaining 7 players 10 yards off the recievers????

It is confusing being a fan right now, do we have a bunch of overhyped overpaid players or a disastorous coaching staff??

Well lets just hope for the best and hope everyone gets on the same page because right now they are not.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Spaz
10-27-2003, 10:04 AM
I'll tell you Pro Bowl and superstar players dont turn to ***** overnight!

Pride
10-27-2003, 10:06 AM
exactly....

It is the system/coaching/discipline/intensity/motivation/etc. Not skill

All of those problems are solved with the FIRING of the ENTIRE coaching staff!

Valerie
10-27-2003, 10:12 AM
I think it's a combination of both. I think the Bills coaches suck and as we see with Dallas, a good coach can really turn a team around. But, I also think a lot of the Bills players are overrated. I just don't see them playing to their full potential. That Lawyer Malloy was supposed to be wonderful and I've seen a few games where he looks like crap! I'm not impressed with him at all. And there are other players that are supposed to be god sends for the Bills who aren't living up to their potential either. You can blame the coaches all you want, and they have to take some of the blame, but let's face it, the players have to begin to step up and start playing. I don't think they're doing that at all.

The Spaz
10-27-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
I think it's a combination of both. I think the Bills coaches suck and as we see with Dallas, a good coach can really turn a team around. But, I also think a lot of the Bills players are overrated. I just don't see them playing to their full potential. That Lawyer Malloy was supposed to be wonderful and I've seen a few games where he looks like crap! I'm not impressed with him at all. And there are other players that are supposed to be god sends for the Bills who aren't living up to their potential either. You can blame the coaches all you want, and they have to take some of the blame, but let's face it, the players have to begin to step up and start playing. I don't think they're doing that at all.

Was Takeo Spikes good with the Bengals? Was Lawyer Milloy good with the Patriots? Was Travis Henry not in the Pro Bowl last year as well as Moulds and Bledsoe? The ****ing talent is there the coaches are absolutely killing these guys ability to make plays!!!!

L.A. Playa
10-27-2003, 10:18 AM
To me we have no speed WInfield and Milloy got burned by Hall

Moulds showed no speed before injury

Henry runs hard but 15 yards is the furthest he will go before getting caught

Look at what Vermiel did with Hall, he has recievers that have average stats Hall cant take the beating playeing full time but put him in the slot run a go route let him out run everyone
Wow a coach using his personel
The bills have Brown ??? HMMMMMM lets never put him out there just even if its just the threat of the bomb

The Bills do nothing to stretch the defense there is alway 11 men within 8 yards of the line of scrimmage that is why no one ever breaks free
Hopefully Mc gahee has his speed back I say put him and henry in backfield together with Gash as an H back and run henry inside
mc gahee outside and throw some screens to mc gahee to try to use his speed

Valerie
10-27-2003, 10:20 AM
I didn't follow any of these guys last year, so I have no idea how good they were or weren't. If they were so good, how come they were released?

I can't buy that the coaches are in complete control as to how a player performs on the field. Yeah, they make the calls, but come on, the players are still not playing up to their potential! You can't tell me that while Lawyer Malloy is being DRAGGED by a Jets receiver, it's the coaches fault! It's LAWYER'S fault he can't bring the guy down.

The Spaz
10-27-2003, 10:21 AM
Don't even include Moulds in this ****. Moulds is a premier receiver in this league there is no questioning that. Besides Moulds should have sat this one out as well.

L.A. Playa
10-27-2003, 10:24 AM
I am just saying Moulds is a great reciever but he is not stretching the defense he needs help

stuckincincy
10-27-2003, 10:25 AM
I think it's the system. Example: the B'gals under Marvin Lewis. Consistent 350 - 400 yards total offense. Good def. pressure with 4 down linemen. Adjustment away from risky offensive play calls and offensive predictability after 4 games into the season. Dumping or benching of non-performers. All coming off of a 2-14 season.

The Spaz
10-27-2003, 10:26 AM
Well he hasn't had much help this year but is still getting ti done IMO.

L.A. Playa
10-27-2003, 10:29 AM
well he gets his 8 receptions a game for 125 yards but he is not scoring ( not his fault) stats are really useless if you can not score, I have seen this post before but when as a fan you can predict the play while watching the game what do you think NFL coaches and players can see??? The Bills offense is so predictable it is almost funny

stuckincincy
10-27-2003, 10:34 AM
I've been saying it for weeks. The bill's playbook has been published by Marvel Comics. They telegraph constantly.

L.A. Playa
10-27-2003, 10:36 AM
Ever see the Waterboy I swear he has that idiots guide to coaching that Henry Winkler was using

Ð
10-27-2003, 10:37 AM
Nah, it was DC

http://www.capitalcomics.com/covers/01227.jpg

TedMock
10-27-2003, 11:18 AM
Moulds actually has outstanding speed. The problem is that we can't waste our top receiver sending him deep all the time. Our "stretch" WR's aren't getting in the game. On 2nd & 3rd and short Sam Gash isn't in the game. We run sprint passes in those situations???? I like these calls now and then to stop predictablity but all the time is ridiculous. On 3rd and 2 we put the best blocking fullback in the league either on the sideline or lined up as a WR!? WTF is that?! It happened a few times last night and throughout the season. To answer the coaches, systems, players question see my response to the other thread. A good coordinator puts his players in positions to make plays. This means you utilize their strengths and play away from their weaknesses. A QB who's not mobile and tends to force the ball BUT has a great play fake and great arm.......hmm, maybe we should avoid rollouts and sprintouts and put him in a position to succeed. Hey, whattya know....we have Sam Gash at fullback and a very good power RB that could easily set this whole offense up to make big plays to one of the premier WR's in the league. Wait it gets better. We also have a 6'6" TE with great hands to work underneath on medium yardage. Man we're stacked. Instead, we run the ball effectively then abandon it when we have short yardage situations. We DO NOT play fake at all and send our slow, ball forcing, great armed QB rolling out with D-Lineman chasing him and we don't have any plays called for the TE's in the middle of the field.

helmetguy
10-27-2003, 03:21 PM
Listening to Felser, he almost feels as though the coaching staff is actually highlighting our players' weaknesses instead of playing to their strengths. He elicited comments from other writers and coaches about how the free agents TD brought in graded out in THEIR eyes, and all of 'em came to the same conclusion that the additions were positive, INCLUDING BLEDSOE AND ADAMS (you listening Wys?). Good players don't simply go into the tank! It HAS to be somewhere else. So, Ted, your assessment is definitely right on the nose.

Historian
10-27-2003, 05:10 PM
Its the system. This bloodclot has tried to force round pegs into square holes from day one. Instead of playing to the team's strengths when he took over, 3-4 players were forced to run his version of a 4-6. (A 4-6 Which I still have yet to see)

He just doesnt know what the hell hes doing. He had no experience for this job.

L.A. Playa
10-27-2003, 05:20 PM
I am not a fire the coach kind of guy, but after watching last nights game this is obvious, these coaches put these players in postion to lose rather than win. here are some examples

Drew Bledsoe is a good in the pocket QB not mobile
coaches have him run a QB sneak and rollout passes??????

Jeff Posey is a good pass rusher
coaches have him covering the best TE in the league

Clements and Winfield are good man to man corners
coaches have them playing zone get burned by Dante Hall

Travis Henry is a good between the tackles runner
Coaches have him run sweeps

Bills are weak at DE
coaches rush only four

Bills need to stretch defense with speed
coaches send all receivers on 10 yard routes which allows teams to play 11 within 8 yards of line of scrimmage

I think I could go on forever but i wont

Bring anyone in here who knows how to develop a system around players he has not some arrogant pig headed guy who wants to run HIS system regardless of players strengths

Billzz
10-27-2003, 05:26 PM
Actually I thought they brought alot of heat on the KC line last night but alas where uneffective at reaching the QB. I even think at one point they brought 7 or 8 which KC still picked up. That dosen't exactly speak well for the pass rush either way.

Only sack was because Green held the ball when we had good downfield coverage. Schobel is not a bad DE so I really can't agree totally with the weak DE comment.

WG
10-27-2003, 06:17 PM
Look, you watch Denney try to get around an OT, he can't. What, we get a new coach and players such that he has a free-ride to the QB on every play and he'll be good???

Nonsense.

You could put Denney on the Bucs D and he'd be worthless still and the weakness of the D by a LOOOONG shot. He just can't match up well against opponents even one on one.

Same with Adams.

On Pucillo, and I'll have to get the time of this, but it was hysterical in a way, got blown off the ball as the entire line in unison went forward and to the right. Pukecillo got pushed backwards by several yards one-on-one!

So where's he gonna play where the coaching makes up for that?

Silly!

We simply don't have the talent on the lines. Ya can't squeeze lemonade from an onion.

Many of you are afraid to admit that Donahoe hasn't done the job that most of you think he has. He's left us high-and-dry in terms of line talent on both sides of the ball. Meanwhile, we're screwed at QB too.

But we got a lot of players where we were really deep like DBs, WRs, and LBs. Oh yeah, and McGahee. Boy, that pick is sure looking like a gem with each new day.

I can see it now, next year, b/c "there weren't any linemen on the board worth drafting at #10 (the highest we had was at 14 :rolleyes:) "the Buffalo Bills with the tenth overall selection pick [some CB or something] ..."

Blah, blah, blah...

It's totally OK to feel like you just got punked by Donahoe, b/c you did!

And the FO keeps telling us how much players like Huntley, Adams, and Posey are gonna contribute to the play of the team...

:rolleyes:

WG
10-27-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Billzz
Actually I thought they brought alot of heat on the KC line last night but alas where uneffective at reaching the QB. I even think at one point they brought 7 or 8 which KC still picked up. That dosen't exactly speak well for the pass rush either way.

Only sack was because Green held the ball when we had good downfield coverage. Schobel is not a bad DE so I really can't agree totally with the weak DE comment.

No, it doesn't speak well for the pass rush. And I don't care if you're uncoached, if you can't pressure the QB w/ 7 or 8 then it has nothing to do with the coaching. It's talent related.

Posey: completely one-dimensional and overrated, useless on most running plays
Adams: As overrated as they come
Fletcher: completely one dimensional, useless on coverage, and only marginal otherwise
Milloy: Solid but not worth the bucks we're paying him. The next time Donahoe sees Bellichick coming, he'd better hide. He's getting played by Bellichick like a fiddle.
Teague: Incredibly overpaid, but hey, TD got him to be a tackle.
Pucillo: WTH was TD/GW thinking when they even suggested that Pucillo could do the job.

Factor in that hardly any of the players playing for the first time last season were given a second season to try to improve. Wire, PP, Sullivan, Edwards.

I have no hope for this team for even next year. It's depressing.

Ebenezer
10-27-2003, 06:25 PM
Wys stop picking on the low points of the team's talent. Nobody is speaking of Puck-chill-o or Denny's. Half the fans didn't even want Adams so you're right there...but there is more than plenty of talent on this team...let me ask you this...which improves the team faster?? Getting rid of half the players and bringing in fresh troops or canning the coach and bringing in some competence?

ArcticWildMan
10-27-2003, 06:29 PM
Many of you are afraid to admit that Donahoe hasn't done the job that most of you think he has. He's left us high-and-dry in terms of line talent on both sides of the ball. Meanwhile, we're screwed at QB too.

What world are you from? No talent on our lines?? We have plenty of talent, just poor coaching and scheming. The downturn in our O-line's play can't all be chalked up to Pucillo. That big of a drop-off is strictly coaching. On defense, we may not have a Jevon Kearse at DE, but considering there were no FA players worth a damn and the draft waas incredibly weak as well at that postion, you're crying over something we had no control over. We have more than enough talent on our D-line to be solid. It comes down to poor coaching and piss-poor scheming again.

Oh PLEASE!!! Would you rather we were still in cap hell with players like John Fina and Rob Johnson???? How fast you forget..... :shakeno:

L.A. Playa
10-27-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Look, you watch Denney try to get around an OT, he can't. What, we get a new coach and players such that he has a free-ride to the QB on every play and he'll be good???

Nonsense.

You could put Denney on the Bucs D and he'd be worthless still and the weakness of the D by a LOOOONG shot. He just can't match up well against opponents even one on one.

Same with Adams.

On Pucillo, and I'll have to get the time of this, but it was hysterical in a way, got blown off the ball as the entire line in unison went forward and to the right. Pukecillo got pushed backwards by several yards one-on-one!

So where's he gonna play where the coaching makes up for that?

Silly!

We simply don't have the talent on the lines. Ya can't squeeze lemonade from an onion.

But we got a lot of players where we were really deep like DBs, WRs, and LBs. Oh yeah, and McGahee. Boy, that pick is sure looking like a gem with each new day.

I can see it now, next year, b/c "there weren't any linemen on the board worth drafting at #10 (the highest we had was at 14 :rolleyes:) "the Buffalo Bills with the tenth overall selection pick [some CB or something] ..."

Blah, blah, blah...

And the FO keeps telling us how much players like Huntley, Adams, and Posey are gonna contribute to the play of the team...

:rolleyes:

So you tend to think it is Donahoes fault and the players are overrated???? Williams and coaching are great I guess?????

I don't know what has made you so cynical, you hate Bledsoe and always are looking for fault. The Bills lose and you are the most active poster on this board trying to get accolades of how smart a football analyst you are.

Well in my opinion you are a sour fan and a typical negative fan always looking for the negative and secretly hoping for bad outing so you can spew your negativity and posion upon other fans.

Every fan is upset about last nights game but you seem giddy and happy.

Why dont you just go sell your wing sauce and keep your ignorant non-factual comments to yourself, I am tired of reading about how Van Pelt is a better otion than Bledsoe and that Mc Gahee pick sucks

Fans like you make the players not wanna win for fans but i forgot you are not a fan you are a wanna be football expert I am not saying you can not have opinions but have some that make sense and go get laid or something so maybe you'll have a positive outlook on something

L.A. Playa
10-27-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

No, it doesn't speak well for the pass rush. And I don't care if you're uncoached, if you can't pressure the QB w/ 7 or 8 then it has nothing to do with the coaching. It's talent related.

Posey: completely one-dimensional and overrated, useless on most running plays
Adams: As overrated as they come
Fletcher: completely one dimensional, useless on coverage, and only marginal otherwise
Milloy: Solid but not worth the bucks we're paying him. The next time Donahoe sees Bellichick coming, he'd better hide. He's getting played by Bellichick like a fiddle.
Teague: Incredibly overpaid, but hey, TD got him to be a tackle.
Pucillo: WTH was TD/GW thinking when they even suggested that Pucillo could do the job.

Factor in that hardly any of the players playing for the first time last season were given a second season to try to improve. Wire, PP, Sullivan, Edwards.

I have no hope for this team for even next year. It's depressing.

Good for you why dont you take all of your football knowledge and go root for another team, I am sure ther are 31 other teams that could use your "knowledge"

Ebenezer
10-27-2003, 06:35 PM
Let's face it...Wys hates the entire team...I really wonder what he said after the 4 SB losses!!

L.A. Playa
10-27-2003, 06:43 PM
Ever notice when you call "the football expert" on his posts he disappears ???